CM Bulge Release?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real Nice to hear CM: Bulge; St. Vith to Elsenborn ridge, is almost here

What will the game's official name be, actually? Just "Combat Mission: Battle of the Bulge"? The other titles in the CMx2 series seem like they wouldn't have been obvious/predictable, so... just wondering. I guess the answer will be just one more surprise. 

What will they call this family? 

Combat Mission: Final Countdown?

Saw those guys play at Roskilde Festival back in 86. Not very exciting, except for the pyrotechnics on The Final Countdown. They even played the song twice: As opening song - and encore. Is there a word for the opposite of nostalgia? :P

Saw those guys play at Roskilde Festival back in 86. Not very exciting, except for the pyrotechnics on The Final Countdown. They even played the song twice: As opening song - and encore. Is there a word for the opposite of nostalgia? :P

That was a hard question, I found this on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/whatstheword/comments/2ldswj/wtw_for_the_opposite_of_nostalgia/

While nostalgia means "longing for the past," you're looking for a word that signifies a "longing for the future."

The reason why this word is so hard to find is because it probably doesn't yet exist in English. This is because 'the past' is more tangible than 'the future.' Therefore, we are more prone to examine, study, and repeat things which we actually know rather than things which don't exist.

Therefore, the best fitting word I can think of is sehnsucht. "Sehnsucht represents thoughts and feelings about all facets of life that are unfinished or imperfect, paired with a yearning for ideal alternative experiences. It has been referred to as 'life’s longings.' "

Thus sehnsucht represents a longing for something without quite knowing what that something is. Perhaps it's something out there at present. Perhaps it's going to be a change that occurs in the future. Either way, sehnsucht signifies the anticipation of something else or someone else, and the powerful yearning of trying, but failing, to approach it.

However, sehnsucht could also encompass nostalgia if you're not careful. Perhaps phrase it as such: "sehnsucht of the future" or "sehnsucht of life's possibilities."

Longing for the future we are, indeed :)

Edited by BletchleyGeek
Inserted Yoda-like pun at the end

Not only that this game is weird but developers are under NSK influence :)

I've been listening to them since 1987 and FINALLY got to see them earlier this year.  I might be the only American who can say he backpacked across Europe with a vinyl EP of Wirdschaft Ist Tot *and* got it back to the US in one piece.  Ah, the days before iTunes.  Oh crap, or the Internet for that matter :)  I also found that most people in Ljubljana were less under the influence of NSK than they were Pivo.  Na zdravje, Zlatorog! ;)

And I was just asking myself why I found this strange little game so special.

Oh, if you hang out here long enough you'll find we're more strange than special.  Or specially strange.  Or strangely special!

Steve

This is a much better version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPHXl8VhwkU

Steve

It says: This video contains content from [Merlin] PIAS, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Band from my country is blocked in my country ...hmmmm... I know that was something wrong with Laibach"s concert in N Korea. ;)

I might be the only American who can say he backpacked across Europe with a vinyl EP of Wirdschaft Ist Tot *and* got it back to the US in one piece. 

Now that's strange :)

Ah, the days before iTunes. 

Yeah. Where have all the good music gone?

I also found that most people in Ljubljana were less under the influence of NSK than they were Pivo.  Na zdravje, Zlatorog! ;)

Oh, if you hang out here long enough you'll find we're more strange than special.  Or specially strange.  Or strangely special!

Steve

Actually a little bit south of Ljubljana, but growing up behind the Curtain walls (even the light version) and living under the never-ending transition, unlike modern generations, I learned to be a bit paranoid about privacy :(

Anyway, to not hijack this thread, if You ever again come to sneak peek this region and want to drink a good pivo, or to discuss unknown music PM me :)

Živjeli!

I might be the only American who can say he backpacked across Europe with a vinyl EP of Wirdschaft Ist Tot *and* got it back to the US in one piece. 

Sounds familiar. Well, I managed to make it out of Europe with an original British vinyl pressing of Hendrix' "Are You Experienced?" (worth a mint these days).

Sadly, the Bruce Cockburn disk didn't fare as well. It was last seen (and heard) in Prague. The optimist in me is convinced that its previous owner unknowingly introduced a new generation of Czechs to what homegrown radio refers to as "Canadian Content". That might explain BC's cult following in the Sudetenland.

Anyway, to not hijack this thread, if You ever again come to sneak peek this region and want to drink a good pivo, or to discuss unknown music PM me :)

Deal!  But only if we can do it overlooking Bled. Or perhaps on the island of no vowels (as I call Krk) if it's closer for you.  I'm flexible.

Steve can send You LP :)

Sure, but never my vinyl copy, with book insert, of Krst Pod Triglavom.  I gave away almost all my vinyl about 15 years ago, but never that one.  Or ACTUS.  But that's another story.

There will be too big costs with S&H... but I can ask Milan , the singer.... ;)

Can you just imagine getting Milan to do the voice work for Tito's Partisans for a Balkan/Greece CM game?  That would be great!

Oh, and say hi to Milan for me.  I didn't learn until after the concert that for a mere $500 I could have met the band for an hour before the show.  Part of a Kickstarter campaign to help pay for the tour.  Bugger.

Even further off-off topic... many years ago I wanted to get some more music of Industbag (LONG before iTunes).  A Slovene customer of ours got the number of the lead singer from someone he knew, called him, and the guy sent him a couple of CDs to send to me.  Now that I live in a place that's very similar to Slovenia's size and population, I understand how that works.

And if only You can than arrange CM Bulge PBEM with DAR vs Milan, than we can got this thread to some constructive posting :D

Heh... if Milan did that nobody would understand a word he says.  Not because of his accent, but because it would be in NSK doublespeak and obscure euphemisms.

Steve