CM Bulge Release?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that is the case. It is like MikeyD said, game engine is solid. They are writing the scenarios and campaigns to be top grade. Playtests take a while and then rewrites to tweak and all that. And more or less not playtesting a scenario all the way to the final screen or whatever has resulted in unexpected uncrossable bridges in MG. Master maps have to be perfect. All this takes time even with a perfect engine. Artwork held up CMBS I think I recall. They seem to playtest with ugly stand-ins and then the final copy shows up at 2359 in a FEDEX envelope. But I don't know for sure, I never have been asked to be a beta tester. :(

sad-kitten_zpsjj6t0gs4.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

I don't think that is the case. It is like MikeyD said, game engine is solid. They are writing the scenarios and campaigns to be top grade. Playtests take a while and then rewrites to tweak and all that. And more or less not playtesting a scenario all the way to the final screen or whatever has resulted in unexpected uncrossable bridges in MG. Master maps have to be perfect. All this takes time even with a perfect engine. Artwork held up CMBS I think I recall. They seem to playtest with ugly stand-ins and then the final copy shows up at 2359 in a FEDEX envelope. But I don't know for sure, I never have been asked to be a beta tester. :(

Yes but those bridges were exactly an example of them trying to do something new with the engine, big bridges that you can drive both over and under.

I'm hoping the delays mean there are technical problems, since that would mean they are trying to make the engine do something new. If they just made new assets and maps, things would go smooth.

I would like them to innovate as well, asking for the same thing over and over (In this case, just units, maps and scenarios) leads to stagnation and no one wants that. If that means waiting for a longer amount of time I am on board, take your time BFC.

Edited by Raptorx7

I am referring to a scenario that did not have one of those special new bridges. Just a regular plain old bridge that ended up not crossable to panzers,

But I guess we will see it when we see it. Maybe they still haven't thought of a name for the game and are hoping a good turkey dinner will fire up the brain cells.

I'm starting to think the delay is somewhat caused by BFC wanting to do an overhaul of the website and the store. The battle pack for BN was due a long time ago and for sure it doesn't include any tech changes.

I'm hoping for lots of news, Bulge AAR in the forum, releases and so on in the near future.

But I guess we will see it when we see it. Maybe they still haven't thought of a name for the game and are hoping a good turkey dinner will fire up the brain cells.

Unfortunately, "a good turkey dinner" often has the opposite effect.

Now, if you'll excuse me, it's time for my nap.

I'm starting to think the delay is somewhat caused by BFC wanting to do an overhaul of the website and the store. The battle pack for BN was due a long time ago and for sure it doesn't include any tech changes.

I'm hoping for lots of news, Bulge AAR in the forum, releases and so on in the near future.

I agree as to the cause of the Battle Pack delay, and I think maybe I saw someone (a 'someone' who I thought would probably know) hint at exactly that? Somewhere. I really don't want to be involved in mere rumors, though, so I'll try to find that reference. 

Re: Bulge, yeah, it'd be great to at least get those AAR's going. But I guess BF will wait 'til a time when they feel they can do it right. I can definitely respect that. Unfortunately for them, it's probably one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations....

For those of you just tuning into this thread, you'll have to use your imagination.  Image violated code of conduct rules and so it was removed.  Nothing terribly wrong the image itself (er, quite the contrary!), just that it gets us going in a direction which will definitely get us to something ban-worthy.  Best to nip it early.

Steve

OK, as for an update.  The game is basically done.  However, there's a lot of details that are still in the works which are necessary to get the game selling.

On the bright side, the time between preorders and final release will likely be a lot shorter than normal.

Steve

I love you Steve, great news!

Although not as much as I love Heidi Klum ;)

Edited by Raptorx7