Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

Awesome stuff, feels surrealistic with current events in the back of my mind while trying it.

This definitely deserves and maybe needs a thread of its own.

An idea for the scenario: maybe there should be a time restriction for the UA side to react? Like the time that is needed IRL to create Situational Awareness

Keep up the great work!

Offtopic: Where IRL are all the BTR-4s which are in game? Was there just a limited production?

48 minutes ago, BarendJanNL said:

Awesome stuff, feels surrealistic with current events in the back of my mind while trying it.

This definitely deserves and maybe needs a thread of its own.

An idea for the scenario: maybe there should be a time restriction for the UA side to react? Like the time that is needed IRL to create Situational Awareness

Keep up the great work!

Offtopic: Where IRL are all the BTR-4s which are in game? Was there just a limited production?

Thank you! I dont think the map has a thread of its own yet. I'll ask the map maker if he can post a thread in the CMBS Mod folder, if not I will do it (Eh screw it I'll just do it). Again, not my map but it was advertised as a community map so I hit it hard. I'll also post a dropbox link to that thread so the updated file is always available 👍

I haven't finished the scenario yet, it's crude in its current state. Your idea is a good one, because the Ukrainians have to take the town back to prevent the Russian armored column (Advancing from the North) from breaking through to the trapped VDV.

Historically the VDV landed on the 24th, took the airport with a little resistance from the garrison, but then Ukraine counterattacked on the 25th-28th(?) with the 72nd mechanized brigade. The whole time the airport was under bombardment from 203mm Pions, preventing the rest of the VDV divisions from coming in with IL-76s. The Ukrainians thus killed, captured, or dispersed the remaining VDV troops until the Russian armored column from the North broke into the airport and town of Hostomel. They started ferrying supplies into the airport by air at this point (I think).

By March, everything was starting to get beaten back. In the town and airport of Hostomel there were many destroyed VDV vehicles all over the place.

My assumption is that the "Air Assault" VDV battalions equipped with BMD-2 and 4, and companies of T-72's (1 per vdv battalion or regiment I dont remember) were part of the convoy that broke through from the North on Feb. 28th and they reinforced the airport, walking over their own side's dead bodies. They then were subsequently destroyed. I'm not sure what happened to the 20 IL-76 planes (Feb 25-28(?)) loaded with troops, if they were ever delivered. Wikipedia says the 2nd wave of troops on Hostomel had hundreds of helicopters, so maybe they just sent the men in by helicopter afterward instead. Since the runway was pummeled with 203mm. 

I think I will focus on the map first, since it needs a good touching up, but work should be done quick. 

The map maker did a lot of work but maybe got a little burned out. understandable. I hope this all rejuvinates his desire to progress further with this. 

There were 5 or so BTR-3 (According to Oryx) at the airport seemingly parked empty in a lot. Oryx lists these all as captured (Some promptly scuttled) so I dont think they did much. In regards to BTR-4, I have no idea how many were made. It's fair to me to equip recon elements with it but not much more. 

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/04/destination-disaster-russias-failure-at.html?m=1

Edited by Artkin

• 2 weeks later...

Some screenshots from testing for a new CMBS scenario.  In part, thanks to a challenge by @kohlenklau who started the below topic.  Check out the topic.  There are several new scenarios from different titles being worked on.   

Buran-30 Battalion Tactical Group (BTG).

Command a Russian BTR Battalion Tactical Group.  

Map: 5104 meters x 2512 meters = appx 12.8 square kilometers.                                                                      Ground conditions: Wet.  Weather: Hazy.                                                                                                          Supply: Scarce.  Headcount: 70%.

In a few days I'll start a topic in the CMBS Maps and Mods forum. 

dUeMwjvh.jpg

U0AHEynh.jpg

YNjbMddh.jpg

9wyzRpYh.jpg

rrrYlc5h.jpg

aqQnUSjh.jpg

HEqDiHOh.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 10/9/2022 at 4:54 PM, MOS:96B2P said:

Some screenshots from testing for a new CMBS scenario.  In part, thanks to a challenge by @kohlenklau who started the below topic.  Check out the topic.  There are several new scenarios from different titles being worked on.   

Buran-30 Battalion Tactical Group (BTG).

Command a Russian BTR Battalion Tactical Group.  

Map: 5104 meters x 2512 meters = appx 12.8 square kilometers.                                                                      Ground conditions: Wet.  Weather: Hazy.                                                                                                          Supply: Scarce.  Headcount: 70%.

In a few days I'll start a topic in the CMBS Maps and Mods forum. 

dUeMwjvh.jpg

U0AHEynh.jpg

YNjbMddh.jpg

9wyzRpYh.jpg

rrrYlc5h.jpg

aqQnUSjh.jpg

HEqDiHOh.jpg

May I ask where this scenario will be available when it’s done?

17 hours ago, Simcoe said:

May I ask where this scenario will be available when it’s done?

The map started crashing the game to desktop when loaded.  Maybe to big with to much activity?  I have to get that fixed. Might have to see if the improved engine upgrade helps.  When it is ready it will go to the scenario depot.