Unofficial Screenshots & Videos Thread

agusto

1 minute ago, Artkin said:

Good, but if you want them to show do this:

Left click on the picture (when you are in the link) so they load full size. Then right click, and left click on "View Image".

Then copy and paste the longer links of the actual image itself (The links you posted are more of website links than the actual picture itself). They should show up just fine.

Does it show up now in the post above?

• 2 weeks later...

Did the first mission of Crossing the Dnieper:

It's fun, I really enjoy using Russian gear. The BMP3 is an amazing vehicle.

Made a couple of errors, probably the biggest being that I should have used the T90s as the base of fire element on the left hill and waited for the T72B3s to show up to act as the assault element, rather than the other way round.

There's one ridiculous bit about 2/3 of the way in where two Ukrainian T64BVs decide to charge into the center of my BMP company, but they get clapped without causing any damage.

Edited by Grey_Fox

18 hours ago, Grey_Fox said:

Did the first mission of Crossing the Dnieper:

It's fun, I really enjoy using Russian gear. The BMP3 is an amazing vehicle.

Made a couple of errors, probably the biggest being that I should have used the T90s as the base of fire element on the left hill and waited for the T72B3s to show up to act as the assault element, rather than the other way round.

There's one ridiculous bit about 2/3 of the way in where two Ukrainian T64BVs decide to charge into the center of my BMP company, but they get clapped without causing any damage.

+1.  Interesting stuff.  Thanks for sharing the video. 

On 11/21/2021 at 3:01 PM, Grey_Fox said:

And I've just finished the mission, got a major victory: 

Nice, really enjoyed playing that campaign (long time ago though). I think the 3rd mission was very interesting as well, featuring a river crossing. Don't want to post spoilers any though.

18 minutes ago, Lethaface said:

Nice, really enjoyed playing that campaign (long time ago though). I think the 3rd mission was very interesting as well, featuring a river crossing. Don't want to post spoilers any though.

Yes, I've done that once before, but the audio was terrible for that, so I'm doing it again. So far the third mission is my favourite - it's a great opposed river crossing and really highlights the strengths (and maybe some of the weaknesses) of the BMP3.

I never tried to properly complete missions 2 before, so the above is my first real attempt at it.

Edited by Grey_Fox

1 minute ago, Grey_Fox said:

Yes, I've done that once before, but the audio was terrible for that, so I'm doing it again. So far the third mission is my favourite - it's a great opposed river crossing and really highlights the strengths (and maybe some of the weaknesses) of the BMP3.

I never tried to properly complete missions 2 before, so the above is my first real attempt at it.

Mission 3 was my favourite as well. It really shows the capabilities of CMBS (and Russian army) imo.

• 3 weeks later...

A few screenshots from a new scenario "Opening Encounter" created by @Combatintman  The mission is set in Lithuania's western border with the Kaliningrad Oblast where a US force has hurriedly deployed in response to a thrust east out of Kaliningrad in support of a Suwalki Gap attack.  Below is a link to the topic.  As usual Combatintman used a real world location/map.  Very cool. 

jJDRXTSh.jpg

F24HbMHh.jpg

wzbUXrPh.jpg

To those on the fence about modern stuff, the post above shows how much fun it can be.  In similar vein here, From TaskForce 3-70 campaign.

US troops move forward on right flank in short spurts, screened on left flank trees.  Most of the action so far is in the urban area just to the left of here.

5YGI6M3.png

B3tOQ0J.png

Holy F--! a 125mm tank shell comes flying right past the MG team!

7DChCbf.png

Javelin team spots & prepares to fire, better hurry! 

C2sNMA1.jpg

Tank again fires at MG team, again just barely high, and at same instant detects javelin & pops smoke

1mhGaci.png

It's a race....

vPuMX2p.png

and the javelin team wins!  Dang good shootin', fellas!

ZoORSH8.png

Meanwhile, world's luckiest tanguska AA vehicle has survived 6 precision rounds, and an AT4 just hit it's skirt.  But he's already knocked out my only drone, so has done a lot of damage to me.  Hopefully he's damaged, because if not he's gonna shred the AT team that just fired.

nETWdx6.png

meanwhile, US infantry advances in a right hook, only one casualty so far for this platoon. 

5Gn5ozB.png

Infantry & combat engineers advance in the center, past a lot of very expensive scrap metal.  Two done in by javelins, the BMP by precision mortar round direct hit.

bSSZEla.png

T8xIXFj.png

Bradleys have been very successful supporting the infantry via shoot & scoot w short (usually 5 second) pause.  That 30mm gun is perfect for urban fighting.

pwESnrg.png

and then I decide to use a 10 second delay instead of 5.....

BrLf6Rx.png

First bradley lost, dangit, though only one casualty.  I thought sure that guy on the left was dead, but he shot me while I was shredding his friends next door.  I've got a bradley, an abrams and a stryker disabled near start line w thrown tracks, and another bradley hit a mine but only immobilized no casualties.

Unless there's a russian counterattack, I might get through this with minimal losses.  Famous last words?  Perhaps.