[WIP] Umlaut´s Factory Project

Amazing..love it. This is what the East front for me is about (Track heads will disagree:)).

If tagged properly will this set of mods be chosen for a specific scenario automatically without having to put and pull it from the Z folder each time you chose the scenario using it or not.

Edit: Just read the posts rather than just look at them, my question is answered. Superb news. Love the new CMx3 features.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful work, umlaut! You sir, are a master of the urban map (and great work on the textures, too!). I recently discovered your Ciembienne map for CMBN and...MY GOD. Incredible work, man! You created exactly the kind of map I have been wanting and got as close to perfection as the current Editor tools allow.

That map is kinda' hidden in the Repository (no screenie, very easy to miss). IMO, it is the current Gold Standard of CM urban map making. Slap an "advertising" image on that puppy, dude!

Your new CMRT map looks like another thoroughbred champion is joining the umlaut map stable. I can't wait to play on it!

We are very lucky to have you in the CM community. Thank you so much for your work!

Thank you very much, Macisle. :) I´ve fixed the missing screenies now.

Just to make sure: You are aware that I´ve made two scenarios for the map too, I hope? If not, you can find them here:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2967

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=3039

And there´s even a wee "trailer" for Tiger by the Tail:

http://youtu.be/sjVjJ1wyUxc

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
He Umlaut. Just released a city scenario. Wonder how that looks with your mod!

Hi Mike

Now that´s funny: I´ve just had a look at your scenario - and wondered the exact same thing! :D

I´m just back from vacation and haven´t worked on the project for a while: In fact, I needed to let it rest a bit, so right now I´m working a smaller project that´ll be released very soon.

After that I´ll get back to the factory project - but it´s probably not going to be finished for at least a month.

I´ve really enjoyed some of your other stuff, so I think it would be great if you were to make a version with my mods when they´re finished. Fester Platz Polozk looks very good, so I´ve been really tempted to play it. Alas, I have too much on my plate at the moment - but I surely will later (that of course means that - for a while - I´ll be one of those annoying people who download a scenario but doesn´t leave any feedback. I will, though)

Cheers

Thank you very much, Macisle. :) I´ve fixed the missing screenies now.

Just to make sure: You are aware that I´ve made two scenarios for the map too, I hope? If not, you can find them here:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=2967

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=3039

And there´s even a wee "trailer" for Tiger by the Tail:

http://youtu.be/sjVjJ1wyUxc

Cheers

Whoa. Awesome! Downloading now...

Fantastic trailer, too! Great hook with the Jaws takeoff. I love the way you've used the action to weave so many detailed visuals from your map into the trailer.

Thanks again for all your wonderful work!

• 2 weeks later...

A wee update on the steady - albeit rather slow - progress of the project. (I´ve been on vacation for a couple of weeks and working on other stuff, so the project has been on hold for a while).

The map is coming along fine and is nearly finished, so what still needs to be done is creating all the remaining mods - large and small - that'll make it look just right. That is unfortunately still quite a few.

One of the things that has been bothering me is the lack of real factory-like debris/flavor objects.

So lately I´ve been working on making extra flavor objects that will resemble industrial machinery and such. This has only been possible because of Tempestzzz´s ground breaking experiments with adding extra flavor objects. It has taken me some time to figure out the details of his discoveries, but I think I´ve got it now. I´ll probably make a "how to" thread in the near future.

I´ve also made my railcar mod into a flavor object. This enables the designer to place them closer together, unfortunately there are also some cons. Here´s a few pics:

14660041780_73d466c1a8_c.jpgflavor4

14660196887_95125fc7a1_c.jpgflavor3

14660042240_ee6e09196e_c.jpgflavor1

14844279834_9bd87fb250_c.jpgflavor2

Did you finally get in touch with Tempestzzz? I second your salute to him. He swiped that CMSF sign and brought it over to CMBN and opened the door for all the sign mods I have done in CMFI GL BULGE 44 mod and CMRT. We traded a few PM's and e-mails a ways back but I hadn't seen him on the forum in a long time.

When I saw that one rusty flak gun on page 4 of this thread I thought, "Where did he get a lathe or drill press?" since it really comes off as some sort of machine shop item at the Stalingrad Tractor Factory!!!

Very good sir.

A lot of you guys have taken modding to the next level with what you have been doing in RT. It's amazing. Really nice looking stuff, umlaut. Urban destruction is really taking on what I'd always hoped it would. These are almost like the set-piece ruins I have been dreaming of. I hope BF pays attention to what you have done and can incorporate the ideas in future products.

Kickass!

Mord.