[WIP] Umlaut´s Factory Project

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umlaut´s Factory Project opens my understanding to another level of how flexible CMx3 is. That should be an extra advertised value to new customers. I don't have modding talent / skill to do this graphic art myself but there are people in the CM community that do. I anticipate some new CM players might enjoy a short PR video on how flexible CMx3 is.

An abundance new flavor objects umlaut much like your modding talents.. an abundance. I would have to carefully study this image and compare to the editor to get a real #.

I think I see in the distance... the "dead horse" flavor object will be resurrected :)

That looks really really good! Gimme gimme gimme!

I can't wait to make a Berlin scenario in the next module when I see this. Gotterdammerung!

I think the general idea thus far was, that the CM engine was not exactly stellar for urban battles (at least that was my idea). But Polozk turned out pretty decent (given the limitations of the engine) and it is well liked by the community it seems. That is great :). And it wets the appetite for more urban battles (Berlin, Charkov, Stalingrad, etc.), :D he he he.

I am admiring your mods. They bring a taste of authenticity that has not equal today. Build us a factory environment, so that we designers can have it in an industrial environment and give you a Stalingrad kind of scenario.

fantastic work Umlaut.

PM don't be in a hurry to get to Berlin :cool:! Right after it the war was over or near to be over. BF is not going to make a 1946 follow up :D

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a little update:

Work is moving along very much like a regular half squad through rubble in a hostile city: Slowly and deliberately. But at least moving forward.

These pics are from a bit of playtesting I do - while still working on the maps and the mods.

15013076606_88a90d9827_b.jpg20

14849415540_34d1ef33b6_b.jpg21

15033018741_6643625483_b.jpg19

Hello

I can only agree with EVERYBODY else...

This looks amazing ! Just what CM needs.

My only concern would be how this would affect the LOS/LOF.

Are you happy with the way this works or have you seen any increase in LOS/LOF issiues with this mod ?

Thanks for your work / RepsolCBR

As of yet, there is only one LOS/LOF issue that I´m aware of:

For reasons I'll describe in detail later, I have had to make the heavily damaged modular buildings (the red bricked factory building you see on the left in the bottom pic on this page) inaccesible to troops.

That means that in reality these buildings have no windows or doors - just facades modded to look like they have windows and doors. You can only enter these buildings with the use of explosives - but there is not much reason to do so, since there is no LOS from the buildings.

All other buildings should work as normal.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...