RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

14 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

With George beeing more of the EF armor kind of guy I think forests will still play a minor part. But we´ll see. 😎

I had a sneaky peek last year of one of his other campaigns, the map was staggeringly good and would certainly fulfil your forest desire. Not sure if it's in the new upcoming set, will have to see.

16 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Though nothing to compare with my projected hurtgen forest and ardennes type maps. 

These I look forward to! 

12 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I had a sneaky peek last year of one of his other campaigns, the map was staggeringly good and would certainly fulfil your forest desire. Not sure if it's in the new upcoming set, will have to see.

Think I know which you mean. Anyway... knowing that George made (most?) the maps and missions for the oncoming battle pack, makes me buying it when released. 😎 Could also be 20$+ since it´ll be worth it IMO. Despite my little available time for actual game playing.

15 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:
32 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Though nothing to compare with my projected hurtgen forest and ardennes type maps. 

These I look forward to! 

I figured out all features of relevance for getting steep forested hills to work in the game already. They won´t just be free of cliff terrain (where it shouldn´t be), it´s then also Nogo terrain for vehicles and pixeltroopers won´t run uphills (and downhills) like its level terrain. At least not w/o becoming exhausted after couple tens of meters. Next step is trying out @Butschis terrain generator and I´m ready to start on some serious mission design again. And completing some required terrain mod sets.

Sorry it´s one more time CMFB. But relates to latest Reshade topic and like keeping it together. Next time CMRT again.

Had bits of success with Reshade settings on a CMFB test map. Still not optimal but comes closer. Setting is early morning, mist and rain. CM shader on (ALT R), shadows off (ALT W). Movie shader Off (ALT M).

Reshade settings screen. If you see something odd or not right, let me know. Is FX load order (5 FX) okay?

mRjDSuR.jpg

nVullgF.jpg

without Reshade

IsDVXDv.jpg

with

jLlIvpn.jpg

CM Precipitation shader also got some tweaks here. However.... UI, tracers and unit icons suffer a bit off course. Any settings where I can improve on them maybe? Thanks. 😎

5 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

With George beeing more of the EF armor kind of guy I think forests will still play a minor part. But we´ll see. 😎 Though nothing to compare with my projected hurtgen forest and ardennes type maps. 🤪 Will be interesting to see my next  "map stops loading near 50-80%" occurance. Though I don´t hope these will happen. Fingers crossed! 🤞😜

Yeah being a mountaineer I prefer wide open spaces 🤣

Nane oh this jungle/tree bashing stuff!! <shudder>

44 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

that´s what I suspected. 😁 And maybe adding (ice) climb ability to CM engine. 😎

Yeah - TBH I've not had much success with ice climbing in the digital world! I mind played (think it was CoD) and there was a mission where you climbed this icy rock face. I thought "piece of piss" as i shortly fell to my my digital death after a few blows of my ice tools which then promptly ripped out... I then bitched it was not like climbing the real thing...

17 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

With George beeing more of the EF armor kind of guy I think forests will still play a minor part. But we´ll see. 😎 Though nothing to compare with my projected hurtgen forest and ardennes type maps. 🤪 Will be interesting to see my next  "map stops loading near 50-80%" occurance. Though I don´t hope these will happen. Fingers crossed! 🤞😜

With all that in mind here are some excessively large forest floor textures I have accumulated. Some I've tried, at least one or two are current defaults. I think they are all seamless, you'll know soon enough if they aren't. Majority are high res by CM standards so you might need to scale 'em down. There are some nice pine forest ones amongst them that may well be what you are looking for.

14 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Sorry it´s one more time CMFB. But relates to latest Reshade topic and like keeping it together. Next time CMRT again.

Had bits of success with Reshade settings on a CMFB test map. Still not optimal but comes closer. Setting is early morning, mist and rain. CM shader on (ALT R), shadows off (ALT W). Movie shader Off (ALT M).

Reshade settings screen. If you see something odd or not right, let me know. Is FX load order (5 FX) okay?

That's looking good now Harry, I like the way the mistiness is now more obviously clinging to the trees (somehow missed these - odd browser cache behaviour). There's a lot of stuff there in ReShade that I haven't seen before, don't recall a screen with Global definitions. The loading order is something one has to be careful of for sure, to quote from a post on the topic on the ReShade forums:

Does order of effects matter?

Of course it does.

My fav:
Fixed levels and colors
SMAA
FXAA
MXAO
Additional (more agressive or unnatural) color filters
Blur shaders (if needed)
Deband
Sharpen
Adaptive fog
Light Adaption
Bloom & Other lighting shaders
Vignette (darkening)
Grain

Avoid sharpering before using any good AA and putting MXAO after bloom. You should sharpen your image before using any stronger bloom, adaptive fog or anything that can hide some of your details (light and fog should stay soft).

Of course one doesn't need to follow this rigidly and many of the FX may overlap especially in the simplified CM world. He also doesn't mention it so I will, the UI mask and anything like a cinema widescreen mask should go last.

I have just found a few more textures - here - again quite high res, this time for dense forest floor, a couple of which are specifically for pine forests and a couple that feature roots for tripping hazards!

6 hours ago, George MC said:

Yeah - TBH I've not had much success with ice climbing in the digital world! I mind played (think it was CoD) and there was a mission where you climbed this icy rock face. I thought "piece of piss" as i shortly fell to my my digital death after a few blows of my ice tools which then promptly ripped out... I then bitched it was not like climbing the real thing...

lol 😅 Yep, some things just do not make any sense in the digital world. Which CoD was it? I recall I´d tried CoD 1 and 2 long time ago which was some fun. For short time at least.

7 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

With all that in mind here are some excessively large forest floor textures I have accumulated. Some I've tried, at least one or two are current defaults. I think they are all seamless, you'll know soon enough if they aren't. Majority are high res by CM standards so you might need to scale 'em down. There are some nice pine forest ones amongst them that may well be what you are looking for.

Thanks, grabbed them. 😎 Looking good and well suited for different seasons and ground conditions.

4 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

That's looking good now Harry, I like the way the mistiness is now more obviously clinging to the trees (somehow missed these - odd browser cache behaviour). There's a lot of stuff there in ReShade that I haven't seen before, don't recall a screen with Global definitions. The loading order is something one has to be careful of for sure, to quote from a post on the topic on the ReShade forums:

Does order of effects matter?

Of course it does.

My fav:
Fixed levels and colors
SMAA
FXAA
MXAO
Additional (more agressive or unnatural) color filters
Blur shaders (if needed)
Deband
Sharpen
Adaptive fog
Light Adaption
Bloom & Other lighting shaders
Vignette (darkening)
Grain

Avoid sharpering before using any good AA and putting MXAO after bloom. You should sharpen your image before using any stronger bloom, adaptive fog or anything that can hide some of your details (light and fog should stay soft).

Think I got load order mostly right then I think. Still need trying out different FX packs. It´s still included SweetFX package. I might find something better in other ones maybe. Fake HDR is still somewhat problematic and DoF messes with the trees alpha channels in some unpleasent ways. But I´m on right path and ReShade is now less of a mystery to me. 😎

5 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I have just found a few more textures - here - again quite high res, this time for dense forest floor, a couple of which are specifically for pine forests and a couple that feature roots for tripping hazards!

Thanks a lot! 😎 This will be a busy week I guess. The last one in the package looks nice. Lots of needles and some moss.

55 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Gorgeous. 

I love the UFO floating in the sky around 1:56 to the right of the green dome.

lol You get this when the Mod build is say set to 8 then I knock out 2 stories from the top, the rubble damage stays on the level it was originally set to.....aaarrrrggggh another bug.... but it doesnt happen all the time? Very strange? Cheers

6 hours ago, NPye said:

lol You get this when the Mod build is say set to 8 then I knock out 2 stories from the top, the rubble damage stays on the level it was originally set to.....aaarrrrggggh another bug.... but it doesnt happen all the time? Very strange? Cheers

Think that´s sort of a FO placement glitch or even a bug. Think it´s when the game engine randomnly tries placing FO and then finds the 1m node is occupied by something else already (a competitor). I then usually change FOV (looking elsewhere on the map), save game and quit CM entirely. Restart, reload save game and then floating FO should be settled at placement node or removed (the competing FO or other object won). BFC should definitely add an additional check for these cases so everything is at its proper place at game start. This issue is residing in the game for years already.

On 11/9/2022 at 7:27 PM, kohlenklau said:

Is there a dropbox link to start grabbing the various goodies? 🙂

Even if works in progress...

Keep up the good work. You are the "Chocolate Fountain" of new content.

Im nearly there, Ive got to load up in 2 weeks, to FGM....Cheers My Berlin CRT maps have quite a few of the new stuff available there bud. Cheers