RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

Ok I've made a few new maps of one of Konevs southern route to Berlin, so now I have 24 Battle for Berlin Scenarios, I may have a go at a campaign for the Konev battles south of Berlin. Now go to write all the new maps orders, not my fav job... Cheers

RQuhlF.jpeg

16 hours ago, NPye said:

Ok I've made a few new maps of one of Konevs southern route to Berlin, so now I have 24 Battle for Berlin Scenarios, I may have a go at a campaign for the Konev battles south of Berlin. Now go to write all the new maps orders, not my fav job... Cheers

RQuhlF.jpeg

Wow! You´re a busy and hard working guy! 😎 If ya need help with some AI setting up stuff.... 🤔

I came across a couple of video AARs of two of the scenarios from the CMRT battle pack. Might be of interest to players? First SPW Training lesson https://kriegsimulation.blogspot.com/2022/11/combat-mission-red-thunder-battle-pack.html and Ill Met By Moonlight https://kriegsimulation.blogspot.com/2022/12/combat-mission-red-thunder-battle-pack.html#more 

Playing single scenario Rakow.  3 hours time limit, huge map, lots of movement w lots of units, so takes a while.  I am just under the 2 hour mark and making progress.  George MC is very proud of his evil schemes to thwart my progress but I am making gains.  Here's a couple shots:

Pz4 smoke shells screen advancing hannomags and their infantry passengers. 

8RlHWAk.png

Bottleneck and subsequent traffic jam over a bridge.  Always a scary situation when there's russian artillery in play.  Fortunately he's managed to miss his opportunities as I've cleared the congested areas before the slow russian response can hit me.

IW5SlkK.png

Recon by death.  Ordered halftrack w just driver to see what happened when moving into the open.  Russian gunners used it for target practice.  But I still can't see the offender.

7hYF7jv.png

Trying to get eyes on the RU AT asset that hit the halftrack.  Where the hell is this devil??

iptLfE2.png

Currently working to keep all my strung out units moving forward, safely.  Meanwhile moving up more infantry to try to locate russian AT guns that are keeping my point units from advancing further (could be tanks?  but I think I'd see the tanks, being harder to hide). 

2 hours ago, NPye said:

All going well Battle for Berlin V2 will go to Bootie tomorrow....

RpeoCc.png

Very nice, @NPye Nigel, if you "go" remind @Bootie that I have also a mod that have to be publish, and, you can eventual wait to added some wrecks for CMRT part 2, but is not a must,  just saying !

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

While there's a rather popular thread here about how evil Putin is wrecking the world, I think we also need to recognize another evil force in our world:  GeorgeMC, maker of devious, nasty, wehrmacht-wrecking CMRT battles.  I'm fighting away on Rakow scenario, big battle.  I am determined to win -- this time it's personal! 😀🤪

"None shall pass" says evil GeorgeMC!

niH4EaG.png

I had slipped 4 or 5 halftracks thru this spot.  It's under enemy gun observation from ~1700m but it's a tiny kill zone window between buildings and trees.  So there's no way he could hit my tank as it sprints through here to get to better position.  Right?  What could go wrong?  Yet......dammit another long range first shot kill by Annie Oakleyovich on that damn gun! 

ZEYrJKq.jpg

But at least the guns are finally spotted.  And once spotted can be killed w mortars or artillery, though takes forever.  This guy thinks he's going to be telling his grandchildren about all the german tanks he knocked out.  Just a matter of time, Ivan.  You're not gonna see tomorrow.

hpZaRBL.jpg

And just in case the mortars don't do the trick, I've got an infantry/halftrack attack from ~300m that will coincide w the mortar rounds.

XCr77QZ.png

And so we wait in the (thankfully unobserved) parking lot until I can silence all these guns.

Q7a4G9I.png

And best of all, my units are finally all over the bridge, many of which had to run an artillery gauntlet on the way.  lmC6zbu.png

I've got 1.5 hours left.  My infantry scouts are reporting that at least half way to the second bridge looks to be open once the AT guns are gone.  But what about a counterattack?  I've lost a lot of Pz4s and these troops don't have a lot of panzerfausts so I might end up being overrun  by T34s in the end.  I will set some Pz4 ambush areas up to hopefully hold on to my bridges.  My first priority is getting that second bridge.

Hah!  Take that Comrade GeorgeMC!  I knocked out the three guns that had my drive completely stalled. So let's run a couple halftracks full speed down the road I already know is clear because I've already sent a little infantry that way.  What could go wrong?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  there's more guns!  Two more at least!  and I have no eyes on them.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Curse you GeorgeMC!  😂   Yer killin me!

K0bizqV.png

Not showing more because I don't want to spoil the scenario by giving much info.  I ran one hannomag forward and it got hit.  I thought it was from one of the known guns and I just figured I hadn't fully knocked it out.  So blastered that position w more mortars, for sure it had to be gone.  Ran second hannomag and it got knocked out also, which was when I realized the shot came from a couple hundred meters from the known gun.  Also found another gun in another location that could cause me trouble as I move toward the second bridge, but again no eyes on it. Now I gotta get command units w binoculars and radios into position to find these devils and then get some mortars or arty on them.  This will take a lot of time.  In the meantime I think I'll push small infantry units through the kill zone.  Maybe the second bridge will can be taken by infantry only?  We'll find out. 

6 hours ago, danfrodo said:

Hah!  Take that Comrade GeorgeMC!  I knocked out the three guns that had my drive completely stalled. So let's run a couple halftracks full speed down the road I already know is clear because I've already sent a little infantry that way.  What could go wrong?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  there's more guns!  Two more at least!  and I have no eyes on them.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Curse you GeorgeMC!  😂   Yer killin me!

K0bizqV.png

Not showing more because I don't want to spoil the scenario by giving much info.  I ran one hannomag forward and it got hit.  I thought it was from one of the known guns and I just figured I hadn't fully knocked it out.  So blastered that position w more mortars, for sure it had to be gone.  Ran second hannomag and it got knocked out also, which was when I realized the shot came from a couple hundred meters from the known gun.  

Ah yes, thank you!

Aye that would be ouchy and frustrating  :) sounds like you’ve got it in hand though :)

3 hours ago, George MC said:

Ah yes, thank you!

Aye that would be ouchy and frustrating  :) sounds like you’ve got it in hand though :)

In hand?  They only thing I have in hand are a bunch of wrecked vehicles!  You cruelly mock the victims of your perfidy, you devil!  Laugh while you can, I've still got a whole bunch of combat power.  You are gonna pay!  Everyone is over the first bridge.  You'll be meeting all my friends soon.  And they are angry.

Damn what a great fight!   This scenario is a good demonstration of what we see in the history books for this period.  Attacking is hard and dangerous.  Combat power bleeds badly and quickly when going up against a competent foe. 

Oh, and a very Merry Christmas to you over there in Scotland.  😀

Edited by danfrodo
edit

• 2 weeks later...