RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

On 12/24/2022 at 5:29 PM, danfrodo said:

Hah!  Take that Comrade GeorgeMC!  I knocked out the three guns that had my drive completely stalled. So let's run a couple halftracks full speed down the road I already know is clear because I've already sent a little infantry that way.  What could go wrong?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  there's more guns!  Two more at least!  and I have no eyes on them.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Curse you GeorgeMC!  😂   Yer killin me!

K0bizqV.png

Not showing more because I don't want to spoil the scenario by giving much info.  I ran one hannomag forward and it got hit.  I thought it was from one of the known guns and I just figured I hadn't fully knocked it out.  So blastered that position w more mortars, for sure it had to be gone.  Ran second hannomag and it got knocked out also, which was when I realized the shot came from a couple hundred meters from the known gun.  Also found another gun in another location that could cause me trouble as I move toward the second bridge, but again no eyes on it. Now I gotta get command units w binoculars and radios into position to find these devils and then get some mortars or arty on them.  This will take a lot of time.  In the meantime I think I'll push small infantry units through the kill zone.  Maybe the second bridge will can be taken by infantry only?  We'll find out. 

George's battles can be rather...humbling. 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Case Blue?

Indeed! With these mods I've completed the armored roster for my 6th army. Now I'm working on non historical scenarios but incorporating historical units. I've made two colossal sized scenarios on the Kharkiv outskirts and on the Nikishnye maps using these unit rosters. Nikishnye will be a German counterattack on the Don river and the Kharkiv map will just be something totally random. I'm in the process of playtesting them by myself. Nikishnye looks pretty good, but the kharkiv scenario is insanely hard. 

I might ask for playtesters at one point, but they are massive scenarios (About 2400 men each scenario). I'm having a blast.

:D

4 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Interesting. Personally I dream of being able to play the Manstein counteroffensive at Kharkov in February/March 1943 one day. Preferably a remake of George MC's superb Blowtorch scenarios. Who knows.

I have to make my way through 1942 first before I begin to think about 1943 :o

2 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. 😀

To be honest, for me everything that came/comes after CMRT/FR is a bonus.

I would be surprised if we saw anything else for CMRT to be honest. But, given just how much content there is for cmx2, I think we have a timeless game and it could be expanded on for a very long time before people get sick of it. Hopefully things will be portable to the new engine, similar to how you can get arma 2 content in arma 3.

The cmx2 maps in particular need to be ported over. Too much good stuff made over the past 15 years 

Finally got my big RT battle done.  Barely any progress for a month, stupid RL. 

So, GeorgeMC-ovich, you had me stumped for quite a while, stuck in the town.  The AT guns kept me pinned and I was doing artillery/mortar duels to knock them out, but overall completely stuck.  Finally decided to take some action, sent halftracks on scouting missions to find alternative paths to the final bridge objective.  Terrain turned out to be my friend and I found a route that was only lightly sniped by AT guns w limited observation -- drove fast thru that section!  I managed to spot some of your little friends along the way and knocked them out.  Then the assault on the bridge was on!

9AzfLkv.png

I pounded the bridge area w remaining arty shells and tank/MG fire then ran the first two tanks across -- success!  How ya like me now, Georgie?  😛

LVKcAoe.jpg

Keep pounding w the tanks and add some tank smoke shells, then send the infantry across.

Iral52q.png

X0ST4ks.jpg

Took some infantry casualties on the bridge and just across it -- tough guy w a ppsh in a foxhole I thought was cleared popped up & the tanks couldn't see him.  Several wounded, a couple dead.  But success as my infantry fan out & into the enemy foxholes.

And the coup de grace, I reach phase line Loki w my armor!

NOTy3PC.jpg

SbSKv6H.png

I lost 14 tanks and 24 halftracks but still got major victory.  I was very much focused on my mission -- get the bridges & town to thwart soviet advances from this sector, bypassing enemy troops is OK. 

WHAT A FIGHT!  This was brilliant, GeorgeMC.  You really had me stuck and frustrated for a while.  This battle really provides a great feel for what an operation like this would've been like w the troops, weapons and terrain of August 1944 on this front.  Wow, what a blast!

Non-spoiler tips for anyone trying this out: use the terrain to find unobserved or minimally observed routes forward -- cover AT-sniped areas w smoke so you can advance through otherwise suicidal spots -- PZ4 smoke is excellent.  Once AT guns or tanks start whacking you, get eyes & mortars on them ASAP.  Use the 75mm halftracks as sneaky snipers to hit well placed enemy defensive positions w plunging fire -- this is really dangerous but works if mortars have the guns suppressed.  I made so many mistakes looking back on this but still managed to pull out a major victory.  THANKS AGAIN GEORGEMC.  😀

On 2/11/2023 at 8:48 PM, danfrodo said:

Finally got my big RT battle done.  Barely any progress for a month, stupid RL. 

So, GeorgeMC-ovich, you had me stumped for quite a while, stuck in the town.  The AT guns kept me pinned and I was doing artillery/mortar duels to knock them out, but overall completely stuck.  Finally decided to take some action, sent halftracks on scouting missions to find alternative paths to the final bridge objective.  Terrain turned out to be my friend and I found a route that was only lightly sniped by AT guns w limited observation -- drove fast thru that section!  I managed to spot some of your little friends along the way and knocked them out.  Then the assault on the bridge was on!

WHAT A FIGHT!  This was brilliant, GeorgeMC.  You really had me stuck and frustrated for a while.  This battle really provides a great feel for what an operation like this would've been like w the troops, weapons and terrain of August 1944 on this front.  Wow, what a blast!

Non-spoiler tips for anyone trying this out: use the terrain to find unobserved or minimally observed routes forward -- cover AT-sniped areas w smoke so you can advance through otherwise suicidal spots -- PZ4 smoke is excellent.  Once AT guns or tanks start whacking you, get eyes & mortars on them ASAP.  Use the 75mm halftracks as sneaky snipers to hit well placed enemy defensive positions w plunging fire -- this is really dangerous but works if mortars have the guns suppressed.  I made so many mistakes looking back on this but still managed to pull out a major victory.  THANKS AGAIN GEORGEMC.  😀

Excellent - great to see how this played out for you. The screenies look mint :)

Aye good terrain reconnaissance is key in this one, well scouted. Defo a combined arms fight this one, and your advice in the final para is especially valid.

Really pleased to hear you enjoyed this. It's one o my personal favorites, so good to see it getting some love!

Thanks for posting the DAR shots and for your feedback, much appreciated thank you.

Cheery!

7 hours ago, George MC said:

Excellent - great to see how this played out for you. The screenies look mint :)

Aye good terrain reconnaissance is key in this one, well scouted. Defo a combined arms fight this one, and your advice in the final para is especially valid.

Really pleased to hear you enjoyed this. It's one o my personal favorites, so good to see it getting some love!

Thanks for posting the DAR shots and for your feedback, much appreciated thank you.

Cheery!

I learned some really good lessons for the next battle like this.  Bad news is that I spent a week of Pz4 & hannomag production plus a company of men to get that lesson!  Ouch.  The soviet gunners shocked me w their accuracy.  I started battle thinking my better optics & would allow me to spot first, hit first -- or at least hit first at the ~1000+ meter ranges even if they got off first round.  I was quickly disabused of this notion, to say the least.  Plus those pz4 75mm shells don't penetrate the front of a T34-85 turret at that range.  So after that I decided stealth & mortars was the better choice 😛

Now going back to do some smaller RT-BP1 battles before moving on to bigger battle/campaigns. 

9 hours ago, danfrodo said:

I learned some really good lessons for the next battle like this.  Bad news is that I spent a week of Pz4 & hannomag production plus a company of men to get that lesson!  Ouch.  The soviet gunners shocked me w their accuracy.  I started battle thinking my better optics & would allow me to spot first, hit first -- or at least hit first at the ~1000+ meter ranges even if they got off first round.  I was quickly disabused of this notion, to say the least.  Plus those pz4 75mm shells don't penetrate the front of a T34-85 turret at that range.  So after that I decided stealth & mortars was the better choice 😛

Now going back to do some smaller RT-BP1 battles before moving on to bigger battle/campaigns. 

This is excellent.  I'm really looking forward to this too!  I'm actually on battle 2 of "Five Days One Summer" and am playing a PBEM of "Deep Raid", both from @George MC and the awesome BP.

So far Deep Raid had been epic.  I'm the Soviets and this one just feels so ENTIRELY east front.  I don't want to say anything more...  How I love my Emchas!

Edited by Phantom Captain

6 hours ago, Phantom Captain said:

This is excellent.  I'm really looking forward to this too!  I'm actually on battle 2 of "Five Days One Summer" and am playing a PBEM of "Deep Raid", both from @George MC and the awesome BP.

So far Deep Raid had been epic.  I'm the Soviets and this one just feels so ENTIRELY east front.  I don't want to say anything more...  How I love my Emchas!

Ah cool - thanks :)

Glad yer enjoying em - look forward to hearing how they go.

Cheery!

• 3 months later...