Patch 1.11 for Battle for Normandy is out!

Am using the following mods in V1.10. After applying v1.11, any thoughts on which can stay and which should go?

- Aris Paved Road 1 Mod Beta

- Aris_Terrain Mod Pack V.2

- Aris Vehicle mods (many and numerous)

- CMBN_Scenario_Organizer_v0.22

- Juju's Tweaked UI v1.1a

- Juju's UI - Desktop General Edition

- Waff 12th

- AKD_Sound_Mod_V2

- Aris_Photoreal Wall

- Bil's Improved Rank and Branch Icons

- Casualty Marker Bloody Spot mikeyD

- CMBN_Wolf_Colored_Command_Buttons

- ez US Airborne-Patched Uniforms_Normandy

- ez US Infantry-Patched Uniforms_Normandy (Khaki)

- ez US Infantry-Patched Uniforms_Normandy (Olive Drab)

- ez Boots and Gear Mod

- force-specific background blue

- force-specific background red

- Mord & Darknight Canuck's Commonwealth Portraits V3.1

- Mords_Base_Game_Portraits_V3_1

- Mords_Immersive_American_Voices_Mod_V1_OA

- Rambler's Trees & Bocage

- Veins_2ndRangers_CMBN_v1

- Veins_explosionsandsmoke_CMBN_v1

- Veins_flames_CMBN_v1

- Veins_smallarms_muzzleflash_CMBN_v1

- Veins_sounds_CMBN_v1

- Veins_tank_muzzleflash_CMBN_v1

- Veins_tracers_CMBN_v1

Thanks!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh. Nope, it's still there. Once they've zeroed themselves in on one target, mortars in Direct Fire mode can go straight to FFE on any subsequent target. Add the continued lack of setup time enforcement, and mortars on their second or subsequent target can reach their firing position and be launching on-target bombs at full rate within about 15s if they don't have to turn. So broken. So why wasn't it fixed?

Sigh. Nope, it's still there. Once they've zeroed themselves in on one target, mortars in Direct Fire mode can go straight to FFE on any subsequent target. Add the continued lack of setup time enforcement, and mortars on their second or subsequent target can reach their firing position and be launching on-target bombs at full rate within about 15s if they don't have to turn. So broken. So why wasn't it fixed?

Probably needed more coding than they wanted to expend in order to get this out??? If it's not in v.2, then it's time to really worry.

Personally I am waiting till 2.0 to update. I really have had no issues with the fixes the patch addresses, and have too many cool mods I don’t want to deal with losing just yet if incompatible with v1.11. I look forward to v2.0 bringing it up to features currently in CMFI.

Updated models for some vehicles too, does that mean those mods are obsolete?

Just finished a quick battle with the patched vehicles and left Aris vehicle mods installed, and another with them removed. The mods are still compatible for the most part, but the patched BFC textures show much more detail, particularly on the German vehicles. The King Tiger textures are a huge improvement, I'm sure Aris will re-mod all the patched vehicles in due time.

Personally I am waiting till 2.0 to update. I really have had no issues with the fixes the patch addresses, and have too many cool mods I don’t want to deal with losing just yet if incompatible with v1.11.

I wouldn't worry about that. I've been running v1.11 with all of Aris' mods installed as well as Tanks A Lots buildings and barns, Rambler's trees/bocage mod, Veins skies etc and I have had no problems whatsoever. I've also been using Tanks A Lots buildings and barns and Rambler's tree/bocage mod while testing v2 in the latter stages and they both work as well.

Unfortunate.

It also looks like the Lynx is still inexplicably missing from QBs. And no mention of a fix for bugged Tiger I turret.

On the positive side it looks like they may have finally got the Panther shot trap working properly. I had about given up on that one.

Help! Am having Mac version download issues. I tried the first one listed (has the Egyptian theme) and kept getting to a patch page where I was utterly unable to find a way to download anything. Tried this drill twice. Giving up in despair, I then went to Atomic Games or whatever it was, waited four minutes for my download to complete. It said it was there, but I can't find a thing. I got no question as to where to put it, no .dmg on my Desktop. Nada. would someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've downloaded CM patches for years and never had problems like these before.

Regards,

John Kettler

No, hotkeys.txt did not change - I kept version 1.10 in a separate folder. The new version doesn't read the file the same way as it used to.

Ah. I know mine reverted to default; I just did a straight overwrite. Meant I had to replace hotkeys.txt with alternatehotkeys.txt. Perhaps there has been some format change.

For anyone with Norton who has already patched;

Do we have to shut off auto protection features before patching so that Norton does not quaranteen or remove the executable file?

I've had this before. I sent it to Martin and he posted somewhere in the support pages:

**WARNING** Norton 360 notes for Battlefront CNBN: Commonwealth Bundle

Here is the precise workaround that your

customers need to use to avoid Norton deleting the CMBN Commonwealth files

at download and subsequently at installation. I've tested it through bitter

experience and this solution works:

If your customer has Norton installed they must first set up a download

folder for the game and an install folder for when the bundle has

downloaded.

Then go to the Norton 360 menu screen and click:

1. Settings

2. Antivirus

3. Scans and Risks

4. Under "Items to exclude from scans" click configure

5. Click Add and then browse the install and apply it

Do the same for the download folder

6. Under "Items to exclude from Auto-Protect and SONAR Detection" click

configure

Click Add and then browse the install and apply it

That's it. You can now download and install.

**Just one more thing**. Make sure your combat Mission folder gets a similar treatment otherwise you'll have problems with patches or periodic scans.

I hope that helps.:)

I've had this before. I sent it to Martin and he posted somewhere in the support pages:

**WARNING** Norton 360 notes for Battlefront CNBN: Commonwealth Bundle

Here is the precise workaround that your

customers need to use to avoid Norton deleting the CMBN Commonwealth files

at download and subsequently at installation. I've tested it through bitter

experience and this solution works:

If your customer has Norton installed they must first set up a download

folder for the game and an install folder for when the bundle has

downloaded.

Then go to the Norton 360 menu screen and click:

1. Settings

2. Antivirus

3. Scans and Risks

4. Under "Items to exclude from scans" click configure

5. Click Add and then browse the install and apply it

6. Under "Items to exclude from Auto-Protect and SONAR Detection" click

configure

Click Add and then browse the install and apply it

That's it. You can now download and install.

**Just one more thing**. Make sure your combat Mission folder gets a similar treatment otherwise you'll have problems with patches or periodic scans.

I hope that helps.:)

Hey Norton 360 users...

Bunk.gif ... Never mind.

I have used it for years in different forms and never had major problems. Never got a bad virus or something else which could have required a wipe of the hard drive.

The first time it removed the .exe file from a CM patch, it was a pain. Now if you know it is coming, the fix is simple.

I don't get the bad rap you give Norton on these forums. Is the negativity caused by other game experiences with Norton loaded?

This is really bad style on part of BFC.

They can't do this sequence:

• They don't have their own download locations (for code)
  • You can only download through third-party websites
  • They don't digitally sign the patches and don't even do as much as publishing md5 checksums on the forums
  • And then they drive into being classified as malware by virus scanners (because the DRM related system inspection looks suspicious) and you have to de-activate the virus scan

The result is that if anything happened to the patch during transport or storage, such as being infected with malware, you have no way of noticing or even fixing. You just told the virus scanner that whatever is there is valid.

Of course you told that to the scanner without having any idea whether the patch is actually clean or having any way to find out if you did care.

This is really bad style on part of BFC.

They can't do this sequence:

• They don't have their own download locations (for code)
  • You can only download through third-party websites
  • They don't digitally sign the patches and don't even do as much as publishing md5 checksums on the forums
  • And then they drive into being classified as malware by virus scanners (because the DRM related system inspection looks suspicious) and you have to de-activate the virus scan

The result is that if anything happened to the patch during transport or storage, such as being infected with malware, you have no way of noticing or even fixing. You just told the virus scanner that whatever is there is valid.

Of course you told that to the scanner without having any idea whether the patch is actually clean or having any way to find out if you did care.

And they won't even sticky a bleeping FAQ topic that covers all this crap. Every new release it's the same thing. The same people chime in about how bad Norton software is. The same people try to help out with the fix. Cheez guys enough is enough; just FAQ sticky the appropriate fix and be done with it. Other forums use such things as FAQ's; I honestly think you'd have enough to keep busy with without having to troubleshoot the same stuff over and over.

That being said; I do applaud all the work that was done to fix issues on CMBN to make it an even more enjoyable game.

LOL anti virus Programs are VIRUSES themselves :)

Personally i don't use antivirus programs at all.

You are what you surf.

Like you are what you eat :)

Penetration of sites that people do trust is a major avenue for attacks these days. And sites that offer game patches are a prime target, because the downloader has to execute the binary either way. You don't have to trick them into doing so. That's why BFC's actions are now out of line.

And quite frankly, the download of the Mac patch on Gamershell is broken. So how do I trust these people to keep their system secure?

I would also like to see another publisher who refuses to offer their official patches for in-production, on-sales games from their own website.