Patch 1.11 for Battle for Normandy is out!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, on Facebook: "The v2.0 Upgrade for Normandy (not a patch, it's not gong to fix any issues, rather add new features, namely those from the v2.0 engine that is already included in CM:Fortress Italy) is not far out. Fingers crossed for a release next week!"

It's at http://www.facebook.com/battlefront, if you want to like it and get the updates...

"Woot!" exclaimed Bertie...

Then he read the patch notes and was dismayed to find that at least one of the things fixed in the FI patch isn't listed as having been fixed in the BN/CW one: mortar direct lay ranging being too easy. Critical, this. It's about the only thing I want to stipulate as a condition for BN challenges these days: "don't use mortars magic targetting." Hopefully it's just been left out of the notes. I have to go out, but will be checking it later (though the mulled wine might diminish the validity of the tests) to see if it's a clerical or developmental oversight. Unless one of you clever folk can set my mind at rest in the meantime... :)

Can someone confirm for those of us with a lot of PBEM games going that this is the procedure for getting turns to function with the new patch:

Load all your PBEM games that are on your turn.

Save each one during the Command Phase (NOT the Replay Phase) BUT DONT HIT THE RED BUTTON

PATCH

Load your PBEM game, issue commands, HIT THE RED BUTTON

Updated models for some vehicles too, does that mean those mods are obsolete?

I can´t speak for all of the vehicles, but it certainly means that in regards to the Pz II Lynx:

I was not happy at all with the original CW version, so I made a mod for it back in april.

I´ve just checked the new version - and it is not compatible with the old version. So I´ll have to make a new mod...

However, the good news are that the new Pz II Lynx looks great - and has a completely new set of extras and much more detail. So it is actually not as nescessary to mod this one.

I´ve also noticed that the King Tiger looks much better.

Thanks a lot, BFC.

Can someone confirm for those of us with a lot of PBEM games going that this is the procedure for getting turns to function with the new patch:

Load all your PBEM games that are on your turn.

Save each one during the Command Phase (NOT the Replay Phase) BUT DONT HIT THE RED BUTTON

PATCH

Load your PBEM game, issue commands, HIT THE RED BUTTON

Loud but correct.

However you should only do this after you have agreement from your PBEM partner that they are going to update as well. If only one of you updates the other will *not* be able to play the turn.

You can continue to play existing turns with the old game install and play new turns with the patched game install by installing a second copy of the original game and patching only one of them. You can run one game or the other depending on which PBEM turn you want to play.

For example my machine still has a "Combat Mission Battle for Normandy P1" and a "Combat Mission Battle for Normandy CW". I can now add a "Combat Mission Battle for Normandy CW P2" install (I will get rid if the P1 install since I have no games going on that one any more).

Interesting. Is that an official BFC page? I do not do face book so I cannot check my self.

FYI, you can view Facebook pages without an account. You just can't post anything onto the page, send a private message to the owner, etc. unless you have a Facebook account.

The creator of a Facebook page can choose to make some or even most of the content on a given page only viewable to certain groups (such as "Friends"), but as far as I can tell, the Battlefront page is completely public; non-Facebook members can see exactly what Facebook members can.