Patch 1.11 for Battle for Normandy is out!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SteveP,

I have the latest version of Safari and Snow Leopard installed--short of going to Lion, which is reportedly iffy on my rig.

General Lee Irked,

Thanks! Where did your DL show up, please? I seem to have nothing, anywhere.

Michael Emrys,

I've checked the Download folder, Trash and a bunch of other places, too. Nor has a finder search turned up Either download! No idea how such a thing is possible.

Regards,

John Kettler

Goodness knows how he can't find a file in his appointed downloads folder.... If he used Firefox or sumfink then that can be set to an entirely different destination.

safari-dl.jpg

Whichever way all that's needed to do to find it is click on 'Show in finder' and by a miracle of silicon and lightning the downloaded file will reveal itself like a rabbit out of a hat.

safari-dl2.jpg

Besides he couldn't even find the game manual or work out how to doubleclick the app to start the game - go figure....

Goodness knows how he can't find a file in his appointed downloads folder.... If he used Firefox or sumfink then that can be set to an entirely different destination.

safari-dl.jpg

Whichever way all that's needed to do to find it is click on 'Show in finder' and by a miracle of silicon and lightning the downloaded file will reveal itself like a rabbit out of a hat.

safari-dl2.jpg

Besides he couldn't even find the game manual or work out how to doubleclick the app to start the game - go figure....

They why is his download from my site in Downloads/ ?

Maybe he never downloaded it in the first place - stranger things have happened ;-) - Visiting the Mac Patches Scrolls DL page the mac patch zip file won't download till the 'Mirror' link is clicked.

Also there is an option on macs where the downloaded zip file will automatically get unzipped (Combat_Mission_Battle_for_Normandy_1.11_patch_OSX.zip) and trashes the original zip file (see 'Open "safe" files after downloading' option in the screeny above) - this would have left a file 'CMBN v111 Installer.pkg' lurking in the downloads folder. How JK has configured his mac is a mystery only known to John and the NSA...

Maybe he never downloaded it in the first place - stranger things have happened ;-) - Visiting the Mac Patches Scrolls DL page the mac patch zip file won't download till the 'Mirror' link is clicked.

Also there is an option on macs where the downloaded zip file will automatically get unzipped (Combat_Mission_Battle_for_Normandy_1.11_patch_OSX.zip) and trashes the original zip file (see 'Open "safe" files after downloading' option in the screeny above) - this would have left a file 'CMBN v111 Installer.pkg' lurking in the downloads folder. How JK has configured his mac is a mystery only known to John and the NSA...

Fair enough but it is really BFC creating these problems by using these low quality third party sites.

They could at least officially support bittorrent.

But then not everyone is au fait with how to download bittorrents...

Still with the pace of development of things they could soon just use dropbox or amazon cloud storage for file hosting, which would be accessible for 'refresh monkies' using a web browser.

http://aws.amazon.com/s3/pricing/

I don't suggest using bittorrent exclusively. But it is a nice solution for people who do know, because it has cryptographically secure checksums built in and it gets a lot of load off whatever the official server is - if you have enough of a user base. But people like me would be happy enough to leave the client open to help the community. A couple more and there's very little load on BFC's machine. Not that they have any.

Bittorrent would make much sense. Would at least solve two problems: the 'here's your download, but don't tell anyone' mail that nobody reads and the one year download link.

Another thing: with the new patch I can play the Brits in CW for the first time! Thanks BFC for fixing it.

How you get away with being so snippy and sarcastic when responding to John's reasonable questions is beyond me.

Regards

KR

How you get away with being so snippy and sarcastic when responding to John's reasonable questions is beyond me.

Regards

KR

I think it's because of other threads..also his "theories and views" probably don't do him any favours either.

I too think at times people are abit harsh on him..but then other times I see he seems not to get the message when someone doesn't want his input..LLF Vietnam thread mod is a classic example evident..

JK has a history of blaming all manner of things effecting his internet experiences and hardware dysfunctions from earthquakes & aliens to government interference....

When my site is back up, following yet another government grade attack (reportedly NSA), I invite you and everyone here to read my post on the UFO that recently landed in broad daylight at O'Hare International Airport, Chicago and was carried off by the government to Area 51

Yeah. Not to get OT but I felt the same initially KR. However, JK routinely goes completely off topic with bizarre views, comments, and anecdotes. He routinely perpetrates utter nonsense and conspiracy theories as fact. And it seems you can't ask a question nowadays without him spamming any thread with 3-10 links you can google yourself in about 5 seconds. as Wodin pointed out, LLF's Vietnam thread was a good example.

I think he means well, but he also is completely against taking any advice. He'll use 'spook references' as a claim of proof for something like Russian laser revolvers, or UFOs, or the US faking moon landings, then get all bent outta shape when people post about his credibility and him. I've suggested numerous times to him that if he kept it to WW2 and CM (and without posts using Suvorov as an end all, be all source) this wouldn't happen. And instead he ignored my advice, and told me I had the problem because I wouldnt accept the things he posts on his webpage. Google his name and see his webpage if you want to see the nonsense. It's almost funny, but it really just makes me tired now.