Patch 1.11 for Battle for Normandy is out!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installing the patch worked smootly. Yet had the floating rubble objects problem occuring again, which vanished after saving and reloading the game (...a particular game actually). Noticed something had changed for the AI for the better, as it appears to make less stupid moves, when on the attack. Anybody else noticed changed/improved AI behavior in 1.11?

The only thing I have noticed regarding AI "behaviour" is a british 51mm mortar team that had LOS to a target before the patch - and no LOS after. Probably due to the mentioned "Corrected a problem that sometimes gave on-map artillery the ability to shoot through intervening terrain."

Speaking of hotkeys, I noticed that they had reverted to the old ones. So I hacked into the text for them and managed to change most of the important ones back. However, when I looked into the command panel, instead of showing P for Pause, it still shows [. I thought maybe I had forgotten to change it, so I opened the text up again and lo and behold I had changed it to P. For some reason though the game doesn't seem to want to recognize it. Strange. I'm going to think about this some more.

Michael

The Patches Scroll didn't work, neither did AtomicGames, and GamersHell's broken. That means 3 of 3 are out. Anyone have any Mac patch ideas given the above? A Mac patch idea is NOT "Get a PC." Am looking for a serious solution to a real problem.

Regards,

John Kettler

The first site worked for me, the second was behind some 60 minute wait and the third (gamershell) had a "key error".

BFC really lost it, IMHO. I mean, really.

John if the problem persists I can make my copy for the mac patch available to you.

I had the hotkey problem too. Some of my hotkeys were not showing up in the game the way they were definitely set in my hotkeys.txt file.

What I did was simply copy the hotkeys.txt from CMFI into the appropriate location in CMBN, and all was well. Everything in the game is now set as it is in the hotkeys.txt file. (My hotkeys are the same in both games. In fact CMBN doesn't seem to care that it now has "Target Briefly" from CMFI in its hotkeys.txt file. It ignores it in-game.)

I suspect that simply copying your hotkeys.txt from CMBN to another location, then copying it back into the original location (effectively overwriting it with a new copy of itself) might produce the same result.

Would anyone care to try this and report back?

Help! Am having Mac version download issues. I tried the first one listed (has the Egyptian theme) and kept getting to a patch page where I was utterly unable to find a way to download anything. Tried this drill twice. Giving up in despair, I then went to Atomic Games or whatever it was, waited four minutes for my download to complete. It said it was there, but I can't find a thing. I got no question as to where to put it, no .dmg on my Desktop. Nada. would someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've downloaded CM patches for years and never had problems like these before.

Regards,

John Kettler

Is this still your problem: that you can't find the patch DMG on your Mac? Difficult question for someone else to help on, since it's specific to your computer (I had no problem). Have you tried spotlight or the find option in the Finder, to do a search. Possibly something has changed which is causing files to download to some place you don't expect. If you are using Safari, you can check Preferences to see where the file might have gone. You could try downloading some other type of file just to see what happens. Don't know what else to suggest.

I had the hotkey problem too. Some of my hotkeys were not showing up in the game the way they were definitely set in my hotkeys.txt file.

What I did was simply copy the hotkeys.txt from CMFI into the appropriate location in CMBN, and all was well. Everything in the game is now set as it is in the hotkeys.txt file. (My hotkeys are the same in both games. In fact CMBN doesn't seem to care that it now has "Target Briefly" from CMFI in its hotkeys.txt file. It ignores it in-game.)

I suspect that simply copying your hotkeys.txt from CMBN to another location, then copying it back into the original location (effectively overwriting it with a new copy of itself) might produce the same result.

Would anyone care to try this and report back?

Nope. Didn't work. I also tried renaming the alternative file. The game still doesn't recognize my keys under the 'S' or 'A' tabs. I know it's reading the file because when I remove the file, all the hotkeys are blank in-game.

Redwolf,

I may well take you up on your kind offer, since I have no idea what I did wrong, if anything, therefore, have no idea how to fix it.

Steve P,

I executed the download, at the first two sites, per instructions, but I saw nothing. No DMG, or ZIP on Desktop, nothing in Download folder, etc. I have an iMac Arlington, 3.06 GHz, OS X 10.6.8, 4 GB RAM, Radeon 4670 256 MB VRAM, Safari 5.1.7. I've never had anything like this happen before on a download, let alone twice. The only patch Finder found was 1.12 for CMBO!

General Lee Irked,

Which site did you use, please?

Regards,

John Kettler

Steve P,

I executed the download, at the first two sites, per instructions, but I saw nothing. No DMG, or ZIP on Desktop, nothing in Download folder, etc. I have an iMac Arlington, 3.06 GHz, OS X 10.6.8, 4 GB RAM, Radeon 4670 256 MB VRAM, Safari 5.1.7. I've never had anything like this happen before on a download, let alone twice. The only patch Finder found was 1.12 for CMBO!

Odd. Your version of Safari is kind of old, but perhaps you are running an older version of the OS as well. Don't have any good reason to suspect those things, but thought it was worth noting.

Have you checked the Safari Downloads window (which you should have in that version of Safari) for any info? There is a way to check on what happened with a specific download that way.

Speaking of hotkeys, I noticed that they had reverted to the old ones. So I hacked into the text for them and managed to change most of the important ones back. However, when I looked into the command panel, instead of showing P for Pause, it still shows [. I thought maybe I had forgotten to change it, so I opened the text up again and lo and behold I had changed it to P. For some reason though the game doesn't seem to want to recognize it. Strange. I'm going to think about this some more.

Michael

I´ve had the same experience. Then I read someone here sugesting that you could simply copy/paste the contents of your CMFI hotkeys (assuming you have one) into your CMBN hotkeys.

I tried it - and it works like a charm. Thank you, someone :)

No DMG, or ZIP on Desktop, nothing in Download folder, etc. I have an iMac Arlington, 3.06 GHz, OS X 10.6.8, 4 GB RAM, Radeon 4670 256 MB VRAM, Safari 5.1.7.

John, I think we have exactly the same setup. Same OS version and Safari anyway. For me, downloads do not show up on my desktop until I drag them there. They show up in my Downloads folder, which resides in my Dock on the right side next to the Apps folder. That said, ISTR that several months or maybe a year ago I had a DL go someplace on my HD where I couldn't find it. Even the Finder couldn't find it. I still don't know why that happened. I haven't had that problem with any BFC products so far, but considering that the patch is coming via third party sources who may be adding some extra code, the problem may be there.

Have you tried searching your Trash? It's a very long shot, but stranger things have happened.

Michael

I´ve had the same experience. Then I read someone here sugesting that you could simply copy/paste the contents of your CMFI hotkeys (assuming you have one) into your CMBN hotkeys.

I tried it - and it works like a charm. Thank you, someone :)

I may give that a shot just to see what happens. Thanks to Martyr too.

Michael