CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

That didn't really strike me as unrealistically depressed. They were designed with hull down fighting in mind. Also, I don't think I'd call it "gamey" unless the player scoured the map beforehand looking for slopes he could do that on. If one came upon that position during a battle, using it would be fine in my book!

Nice video, Jaksteri. Is that from the campaign?

My guess is that that Jagdpanther was abandoned after running out of fuel, and pushed out of the road by allies... like this Tiger. In the Jagdpanther picture you can also see a truck on its side in the background.

HsiCx.png

Nice video, Jaksteri. Is that from the campaign

Ya, from the third mission I believe. Pity that I couldn't find any place for the other recorded heroic action all over the map, like two scouts running across the field with panzefausts on their hands, under fire, and turning a sherman into a oven, and even managing to run back to friendlies providing covering fire.

I miss the small defensive scenarios of the first CM

An average day at the office for a Panther .... or, Why do Shermans even bother? ...

"on the wayyyy"...

panth1.jpg

The last thing he sees is a flash in the distance ...

panth2.jpg

The crew joins their Firefly bretheren in Valhalla ...

panth3.jpg

-------

I missed taking a screen of the commander getting his beret blown off at the exact moment of impact. It only happened once out of a LOT of attempts with shift/esc. :)

---

------

The different background ambience is ported from MoHaa by me, thought.

I also used a mohaa background ambience in my Normany ambience mod. It's sad actually that we don't get WW2 games anymore, MOH,Cod and BF both went the modern warfare way and since than the first person shooter world has become saturated with modern warfare first person shooters.

I also used a mohaa background ambience in my Normany ambience mod. It's sad actually that we don't get WW2 games anymore, MOH,Cod and BF both went the modern warfare way and since than the first person shooter world has become saturated with modern warfare first person shooters.

Allied Assault was the pinnacle of the series, Steven Spielberg was directing the developement which was what made it the greatest fps game at the time, pity that he left the industry after that. The games that followed MoHAA were not MoH anymore, just different call of duty (that series is made by the guys who left the 2015 team). Focusing on frontline duty rather than the sweet spying and sabotage missions.

The series also told us that WW2 settings was over in MoH: Airborne, in the D-Day mission the plane which you are in is piloted by Jimmy Patterson ([sergeant: "Jimmy! The wing's on Fire!" Patterson: "I KNOW!"). You jump the plane while it flies away and crashes later on, Jimmy jumps out and begins his own game that started it all; Medal of Honor (1999).

And so, it became a full circle.

• 2 weeks later...