Challenge me in the Bocage O wiley Peng

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're Australian so I need to explain, well, virtually everything.

That's very omniscient of you, attempting to explain 'everything'!

btw who's Magpie_Oz? I hope he's not a ..... **shudder** .... Collingwood supporter because that would be really scary!!!

And by scary I mean as in 'Alien' or 'The Thing' scary!!!!

btw who's Magpie_Oz? I hope he's not a ..... **shudder** .... Collingwood supporter because that would be really scary!!!

Mace, how kind of you to drop in and grace our humble abode with your presence ... or not.

As to your countryman ... I have no idea if he's a Collingwood supporter but it wouldn't surprise me ... in fact it wouldn't surprise me if this was our lad ...

collingwood-supporter.jpg

Joe

What part of not now, not ever, never will is so hard to understand for you simpletons?

It's football you Neanderthals, nothing to do with me in anyway shape or form. Move on.

Oh and Joe, I understand your in love but I don't think it is appropriate to post pictures of your boyfriend.

What part of not now, not ever, never will is so hard to understand for you simpletons?

It's football you Neanderthals, nothing to do with me in anyway shape or form. Move on.

Oh and Joe, I understand your in love but I don't think it is appropriate to post pictures of your boyfriend.

Lad, that was weak ... mind you it's no better than I expected of you but it was still weak.

Joe

I think the very old, incontinent, denture wearing Joe was born before the Gheys visited the United States and started a neighborhood in Hotlanta according to my High School education. Safely ensconced amid the Brigham Young aficionados, our resident crotchety old geezer probably hasn't even met a Ghey in person. My careful research in the middle of bong hits during my prepubescent years gleaned many facts about Joseph Smith's ilk and the role of the archaic Joe.

I think very the old, incontinent, denture wearing Joe was born before the Gheys visited the United States and started a neighborhood in Hotlanta according to my High School education. Safely ensconced amid the Brigham Young aficionados, our resident crotchety old geezer probably hasn't even met a Ghey in person. My careful research in the middle of bong hits during my prepubescent years gleaned many facts about Joseph Smith's ilk and the role of the archaic Joe.
Right then, I've just about had it with these ageist comments.

As part of the Peng Challenge Thread charter we strictly prohibit any comments based upon a person's race, creed, color, religion or national origin ... as long as it's American of course. And I see no reason why a person's age shouldn't be considered in the same category.

We rightly honor those who have served in the military ... but what of those who have served HERE, in the Mutha Beautiful Thread over the years? Of the current posters here to the MBT I believe I am the ONLY veteran of that very first and hallowed Peng Challenge Thread, "Peng I Take Our Challenge Public". And I have contributed to each and every thread thereafter.

Who among you can claim the same?

And what do I get for my years of service as your Beloved Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread? Abuse and calumnies regarding my age. I take with a grain of salt the comments about Utah and consider the ignorance of those who don't realize that while I live in Utah I am FROM TEXAS. I dismiss with a wave of my hand the Mormon comments knowing, as I do, that I am not now and have never been a Mormon. Those are grist for the mill here in the CessPool and only to be expected.

But age ... I well recall visiting my father in Bandera, Texas on Veterans Day one year and there I saw an old time small town parade with the High School band marching and decorated pickups in place of fancy floats. And one flatbed trailer being towed by a pickup. On that float was an old man, grey haired and stooped, but wearing the uniform of a WWII veteran of the 101st Airborne. He waved to the crowd and I don't mind telling you that I had a tear in my eye knowing what he did for his country and his state and his town.

Yet MY service here is ignored in favor of scurrilous ageism.

... I'm sorry ... where was I ... did I forget my pills again?

Joe

meh

my last unit was HHC 2-327th INF, 101st at smelly Ft. Campbell, KY

old, old, old, old, Joe

the official address was

HHC 2-327th Inf

101st Airborne (Air Assault) Infantry Division

hated them all. First Sergeant hated me with a passion and tried to PT me to death when I wasn't digging fighting positions.

meh

glad I'm a civilian now

meh

my last unit was HHC 2-327th INF, 101st at smelly Ft. Campbell, KY

old, old, old, old, Joe

the official address was

HHC 2-327th Inf

101st Airborne (Air Assault) Infantry Division

hated them all. First Sergeant hated me with a passion and tried to PT me to death when I wasn't digging fighting positions.

meh

glad I'm a civilian now

Pity he didn't succeed, all of us here can understand his feelings.

Joe

Pity he didn't succeed, all of us here can understand his feelings.

Joe

I patiently explained to him that mankind has invented "indoors" so my poncho and I shouldn't have to live outside for three months for "training"

First Sergeant didn't want things explained to him. First Sergeant wanted all of the smartasses OUT of his office.

As part of the Peng Challenge Thread charter we strictly prohibit any comments based upon a person's race, creed, color, religion or national origin ... as long as it's American of course. And I see no reason why a person's age shouldn't be considered in the same category.

We rightly honor those who have served in the military ... but what of those who have served HERE, in the Mutha Beautiful Thread over the years? Of the current posters here to the MBT I believe I am the ONLY veteran of that very first and hallowed Peng Challenge Thread, "Peng I Take Our Challenge Public". And I have contributed to each and every thread thereafter.

And what do I get for my years of service as your Beloved Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread? Abuse and calumnies regarding my age. I take with a grain of salt the comments about Utah and consider the ignorance of those who don't realize that while I live in Utah I am FROM TEXAS. I dismiss with a wave of my hand the Mormon comments knowing, as I do, that I am not now and have never been a Mormon. Those are grist for the mill here in the CessPool and only to be expected.

But age ... I well recall visiting my father in Bandera, Texas on Veterans Day one year and there I saw an old time small town parade with the High School band marching and decorated pickups in place of fancy floats. And one flatbed trailer being towed by a pickup. On that float was an old man, grey haired and stooped, but wearing the uniform of a WWII veteran of the 101st Airborne. He waved to the crowd and I don't mind telling you that I had a tear in my eye knowing what he did for his country and his state and his town.

Joe

That was a nice story, Granpa... tell us another.

Lad, that was weak ... mind you it's no better than I expected of you but it was still weak.

Joe

True enough, almost as weak as grabbing some random photo and matching it with a vague assumed connection between me and something I have no association with.

Almost as weak but not quite so.

First Sergeant hated me with a passion and tried to PT me to death when I wasn't digging fighting positions.

I hear ya matey!

That is part of their job description, take heart that it was not you per se that they hated but they hate all forms of life. Of course show any form of discomfiture at their methods and all they do is heap it on more.

My particular bug bear was for the sorry fact that I did my initial training at the OCS in Victoria. With a name like mine in that state it lead for considerable bastardisation from those who are bastards for a living.

Hence my low opinion of the to-ings and fro-ings from the peanut gallery above in regards to football teams.

First Sergeant didn't want things explained to him. First Sergeant wanted all of the smartasses OUT of his office.

All Senior NCO's see the world as black and white there are no explanations or different view points. Any thing Grey is bludgeoned until it is either Black or White.

Joe

I remember reading that thread, and wondering who all of these Monty Python afficiandos were and why they were posting in a war game forum. Of course it was the first time I ever read anything on any forum, so I was quite taken in.

That was a nice story, Granpa... tell us another.

"Wheel him 'round the other side, Nanna."

Joe rightly deplores the state of SSN challenges these days. "Please sir, may I have a beating? Oooh, yess, like that, only could you perfume the bootlaces next time?" Faugh, your vinegar is Tuscan balsamic with a hint of verjuice, your bile coaxed from the willing stomach of the Bolivian Pissant Tree Shrew with recordings of Enya and "Wanna buy a cave painting?" Bob's "Blowin' in the wind". If Stuka was to run you over in his Albacore Monster Fun Truck you'd plead a case of the sads for the little juice you'd squirt onto his undercarriage.

The whole tone of this place is that of somewhere out of the gutter and standing on the sidewalk (so's the merkins can understand, see, tho' it wrecks the rhythm), hand outstretched and begging for acceptance into wider society. Aren't you blind enough to see that they're on their way down to join us? Do you think they really want to? Instead of begging we should be offering to carry their junk, tripping them so that they fall the rest of the way and stockpiling the loot to retire on. M'oz (the little whiney one) and his fellows unrecognised can tread water in the pool or hold the newbies down, tie them together (preferably face down) to make a raft. We need not worry about drying out in the warmth of the new sun, as more bodies go in, the level of the pool will rise and we will find ourselves once more basking on its shores, feigning interest in the odd dip of the toe. Pickled, moist and fragrant like a squashed cane-toad - that's us.

On that float was an old man, grey haired and stooped, but wearing the uniform of a WWII veteran of the 101st Airborne. He waved to the crowd and I don't mind telling you that I had a tear in my eye knowing what he did for his country and his state and his town.

Joe

We honor each according to his merit... for that 101st vet, my hat is off with deep respect.

For you, well, I'll just move to the sidewalk on the other side of the street and avoid making eye contact.

On that float was an old man, grey haired and stooped, but wearing the uniform of a WWII veteran of the 101st Airborne. He waved to the crowd and I don't mind telling you that I had a tear in my eye knowing what he did for his country and his state and his town.

Sorry did I miss something here? You just compared writing bollocks on the Peng Challenge thread to dropping on occupied France, Holland and defending Bastogne ?