Challenge me in the Bocage O wiley Peng

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuka, we may need to rethink this Overlord status if you can't even properly smack around your yappy bird SSN countryman.

Oh don't worry, Maggie will get his due rewards. I'll put him in charge of Ohio or something, that ought to smarten up his ideas.

People, People, People...and Emrys, although I am Uber Overlord of the ex-USA and have now absorbed those territories into the greater UAE it is no '4th Reich' I am creating, there will be no jackboots on Madison avenue let me assure you. Life will go on as normal. King O will remain, old glory will remain...your grey little lives will continue in hut dworg eating competitions and crack-fueled driveby shootings.

But the changes will be subtle. When the King O administration does something that makes you wonder, know that the hand on the tiller is mine own. When the foreign policy doesn't quite fit with the traditional 'bomb them until they're our freinds' pattern of yore, know that it is kind old Unca Stukey bestowing his will upon the war-mongerers. The changes will be insidious but unavoidable, as i've mentioned, starting in the schools the curriculum will change to ensure 'Oz-speak' replaces 'merkin-babble. Then one day the jellied peanut butter will disappear from the supermarket shelves but Vegemite will be available and you'll bloody well like it too. Slowly but shirly the integration into the UAE will gather pace until the day comes when the flag over the White House is that of the Southern Cross and most likely no-one will notice that anything has changed.

You see how nice an Unca Stukey annexation can be? So sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.

Then one day the jellied peanut butter will disappear from the supermarket shelves but Vegemite will be available and you'll bloody well like it too.

As much as I would prefer letting some random Ozzie rule in place of His Royal Obamaness, you are mad. Mad I tell you.

vegemite for Peanut Butter?! You go too far sir! This calls for a new American Revolution to throw off the the oppressive chains of disgusting sandwich toppings. I declare Blood Hamster on twisted Southern Hemisphere dietary choices. The Peanut Butter must be free!

Tell me your requirements for battle, and we shall fight for the delusional crown of the United States of a Merry Cow (You can however keep Ohio, New York, and Utah). Your topplement awaits.

Et tu Stuka

Dear Fred, emotionally distraught as you must be following my departure from your BBQ area I can understand how you are failing to keep track of turns. I sent you #43 yesterday and therefore am waiting with dubious enthusiasm for your response in the form of turn #44.

Hop to it!

Dear Fred, emotionally distraught as you must be following my departure from your BBQ area I can understand how you are failing to keep track of turns. I sent you #43 yesterday and therefore am waiting with dubious enthusiasm for your response in the form of turn #44.

Hop to it!

Oh.........!

As many of you know I build 1/35 scale armored vehicles and figures. Normally I build them for pleasure, but I have been requested by an old work colleague to build a model for his dad who is 89 and served with the 803rd TD Bn in Europe during WW2.

I am building him an M36 Motor Gun Carriage as it would have appeared late in the war on the other side of the Rhine. Wish me luck.

Here is a brief history of the 803rd.

Initially activated as the 103d Antitank Battalion on 30 September 1940 from Washington National Guard troops, federalized on 10 February 1941, and redesignated 803d Tank Destroyer Battalion on 12 December 1941. Departed for England on 24 June 1943. Landed at Omaha Beach on 13 June 1944 equipped with M10s. Helped capture St. Lô in July. Raced across northern France in August and passed through Belgium and Holland before reaching the Siegfried Line in September. Supported operations north of Aachen in October, transferred to Hürtgen Forest. Shifted to Ardennes just before German offensive began in December. Committed against Siegfried Line again in early 1945. Converted to the M36 in February. Participated in capture of Trier, crossed Rhine River on 23 March at Oppenheim. Joined elimination of Ruhr Pocket in April, then pivoted and marched southeast through Austria and into Czechoslovakia. Attached to: 82d Airborne Division; 3d Armored Division; 2d, 5th, 8th, 29th, 30th Infantry divisions; 1st Belgian Brigade.

{snipped because it didn't mention me and therefore I wasn't interested} ...

I am building him an M36 Motor Gun Carriage as it would have appeared late in the war on the other side of the Rhine. Wish me luck.

{snipped for the same reason as above, you'd think he'd learn} ...

Why? Why do we have to wish you luck? I don't wish you luck, I wish you a little yappy dog that just rolled in crap and is jumping up on your lap.

That seems appropriate.

Joe

Why? Why do we have to wish you luck? I don't wish you luck, I wish you a little yappy dog that just rolled in crap and is jumping up on your lap.

That seems appropriate.

Joe

Just send me a turn, that's all I want from you! Kill joy.

As many of you know I build 1/35 scale armored vehicles and figures. Normally I build them for pleasure, but I have been requested by an old work colleague to build a model for his dad who is 89 and served with the 803rd TD Bn in Europe during WW2.

Here is a brief history of the 803rd.

Initially activated as the 103d Antitank Battalion on 30 September 1940 from Washington National Guard troops, federalized on 10 February 1941, and redesignated 803d Tank Destroyer Battalion on 12 December 1941. Departed for England on 24 June 1943. Landed at Omaha Beach on 13 June 1944 equipped with M10s. Helped capture St. Lô in July. Raced across northern France in August and passed through Belgium and Holland before reaching the Siegfried Line in September. Supported operations north of Aachen in October, transferred to Hürtgen Forest. Shifted to Ardennes just before German offensive began in December. Committed against Siegfried Line again in early 1945. Converted to the M36 in February. Participated in capture of Trier, crossed Rhine River on 23 March at Oppenheim. Joined elimination of Ruhr Pocket in April, then pivoted and marched southeast through Austria and into Czechoslovakia. Attached to: 82d Airborne Division; 3d Armored Division; 2d, 5th, 8th, 29th, 30th Infantry divisions; 1st Belgian Brigade.

[ENGAGE NORMAL PERSON MODE] I'd be keen to see some pictures of your work and maybe get a few tips off you. My Son and I are reconnecting with my past at the moment and building the odd tank or 2. We are painting a US M1 Tank crew this weekend in fact [RE-ENGAGE PENG THREAD MODE]

(Something slightly witty but mainly generally insulting to 'Merkins)

I have quite a collection of 1/35th scale Tamiya builds of various WWII tanks but have been unable to build since my stroke a few years ago. The hands get shaking...

ah me

@Nidan, very cool that you are building for a Vet. Remember, its okay to weather it too much.

I have quite a collection of 1/35th scale Tamiya builds of various WWII tanks but have been unable to build since my stroke a few years ago. The hands get shaking...

:( (Smiley authorised by genuine empathy for a comrade, otherwise BITE ME ! )

Mine do that without the stroke which is why mine all look crap.

Any pics?

ah me

@Nidan, very cool that you are building for a Vet. Remember, its okay to weather it too much.

Weathering is the fun part. That and then getting down at eye level with it and making really cool 'splodey sounds.

NG Cavscout and I continue to stare at each other across a stream. There's a reason for that but I'm damned if I'll give him any more information than he has.

Nidan1 is a swine and will pay for the damage he's done to my forces. Nasty vicious fight on our hands, his infantry is massing on my left flank but my lads are taking it to him. And all for a tiny little postage stamp of a VL.

Geier is AWOL.

MrSpkr is AWOL.

But I'm in town for another week and don't have to do the laptop dance at TSA for a few days.

Joe