First Impressions

I must add to this thread and say initial impressions are positive. Even in the Bocage scenario, I let the AI go on the attack to see what it could do. I watched as he forced all his men up one flank, with an artillery to prep the assault! Wow. For ONCE, I had to reposition troops to respond to an AI move. Nice, very nice. One of his tanks penetrated deep behind the lines before I could scramble AT assets to counter. The flank move left one of my AT guns useless, and several squads scurrying around to reinforce the other flank. I never knew what reinforcing a flank felt like since I never had to do that with the AI in CMSF or CMBB/BO. :)

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I impatiently wait the full game and for someone to make the CMBN version of 'Valley of Trouble' and 'Chance Encounter'.
Looking forward to that as well. Are there going to be Sherman 105s in CMBN for VoT?

[Edited to include the following:] TOE says YUP!

That's a bit of a bugger - probably due to overheating. Open the case up and give the fans a good hoover. Don't touch the PC with the hoover though.

Mr, Means, my son has just come home from college and, before he disappeared into his study to play the demo (and no doubt not be seen again today), he told me that I shouldn't hoover a computer as it creates static electricity. Rather than sucking the crud out I should blow it out using a tin of compressed air, and promptly produced such a thing. Teenagers!

Mr, Means, my son has just come home from college and, before he disappeared into his study to play the demo (and no doubt not be seen again today), he told me that I shouldn't hoover a computer as it creates static electricity. Rather than sucking the crud out I should blow it out using a tin of compressed air, and promptly produced such a thing. Teenagers!

Try using both ... the can of air blows said crud into the air and the strategically placed vac hose sucks it up worth with ...

Cans of compressed air are the best way to clean a computer. Do it outside, preferably with a fan blowing stuff away from you and the house (I suppose a vacuum cleaner would work as well). With the compressed air you really don't have to worry about what parts you blow against (or if there is, I've never found one).

Adore the game. Looking forward to the full release.

Don't waste your time. I tried it and apparently there's no script for US attack. I surrendered after 10-15 minutes of not even a sound contact and upon map review, saw they weren't going anywhere.

Sorry for the "spoiler", but there'd be more groans from playing as Germans waiting for 45 minutes.

Cool.. thanks for the heads up... Im going to try the other two again.. :) Then spend some time and practice with the editor.

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers!

Never heard that when I did my electronics degree. Still, I'm sure he's correct and you should follow his advice.

Had a similar problem where the pc just upped and rebooted itself while playing the Busting the Bocage. Gtx 580 GPU temps less than 50c and all cpu cores less than 40c so not sure what caused it. Went and reinstalled video driver and switched back to using HDMI and so far no problems.

That's a bit of a bugger - probably due to overheating. Open the case up and give the fans a good hoover. Don't touch the PC with the hoover though.

I'm just green with envy at all you guys playing the demo.

I was going to get a new MacBook Pro just to play the demo and the full release when it is released but my daughter had to go to hospital suddenly so I had to put the plan on hold. The girl's Ok for now but I'll just have to kick my heels for the time being.

In the meantime, carry on playing and I hope to join in soon.

Dan

Never heard that when I did my electronics degree. Still, I'm sure he's correct and you should follow his advice.

Sounded nonsense to me too. However, I am glad I followed your advice and gave the machine a clean-out. So much crud in there is a wonder the fans still turned, let alone did anything useful.

So, back to Busting the Bocage. Good night all.

Para,

"I stick a sock over the end of the hoover"

I know we are drifting here and I am sorry that I am taking the thread even further off topic, but I have got to ask, "Why do you stick a sock over the end of the hoover?"

Para,

"I stick a sock over the end of the hoover"

I know we are drifting here and I am sorry that I am taking the thread even further off topic, but I have got to ask, "Why do you stick a sock over the end of the hoover?"

Just to make sure i do not dislodge any bits from within the pc and then hoover them up. BC i get right in close when cleaning the parts mate

Is it normal for your units to disappear when you click another unit? I do not not mean that they no longer exist. they re-appear when i click off the other unit. If you know what i mean? I will see if i can do a screen shot

Is it normal for your units to disappear when you click another unit? I do not not mean that they no longer exist. they re-appear when i click off the other unit. If you know what i mean? I will see if i can do a screen shot

It is if you're playing Iron, you get own side FOW.

I always play Elite for that very reason, to me Iron is just too much work. It's Elite plus a click.

Yes. Out of LOS. you cannot see what your selected unit cannot see.

Could a Clickable Mini Map be added, please? This would aid navigating around the map.

Perhaps it's too late for the addition of a feature like this.

Yes much too late to add a feature like this but BF said they would be redesigning the UI in the next major release. Still not sure its worth the effort although I don't play RT so you RT guys may need something like this.

Here's a tip that may help: Click on a icon of any unit then hit TAB key. This will center the camera behind that unit and its a pretty quick way of moving around the battle field.