First Impressions

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is if you're playing Iron, you get own side FOW.

I always play Elite for that very reason, to me Iron is just too much work. It's Elite plus a click.

I realised whilst i was playing OM. I was too dim to realise at first what was going on :)

I like it.

It's really overwhelming, number of things going on (I'm use to 3 men abstracted squads, not 12 guys strung out all over the area). Don't see how anyone plays realtime. I'm glad for things like in the manual it says certain things are tracked but not displayed to reduce information overload.

I couldn't find keys bindings to make bases glow or increase unit size. My only complaint is not being able to figure out where my guys are (in more detail than somewhere under their floaty icon).

I have done that and didnt last very long mate..bloody destroyers sit on your ass all day

Don't people play entire patrols like that? I mean you really have to be a fool to play the cruise out from your home harbor to patrol area in real time.

And you have to sing " It´s a long way to Tipperary ... " .

True, but i like the music and radio mods with german military music and marches. Anyway, back to this game anyone else salivating at the thought of the Arnhem module?

True, but i like the music and radio mods with german military music and marches. Anyway, back to this game anyone else salivating at the thought of the Arnhem module?

Yes! And the CW module first, and Bulge, and East Front....

Anyone know the chat key on a QWERTZ keyboard? :confused:

You can make it whatever you want by modifying the hotkeys.txt in the Data folder. The default keys are optimized for US QWERTY, eg. I have Scandinavian QWERTY which has several differences. But it's easy to change.

While playing the training scenario I noticed a pile of crates on the German side. I was hoping it was a supply dump and excitedly started the scenario playing as the Germans only to realize it is just a flavor object.

While playing the training scenario I noticed a pile of crates on the German side. I was hoping it was a supply dump and excitedly started the scenario playing as the Germans only to realize it is just a flavor object.

They weren't by any chance marked M&M Enterprises were they? :D

You can make it whatever you want by modifying the hotkeys.txt in the Data folder. The default keys are optimized for US QWERTY, eg. I have Scandinavian QWERTY which has several differences. But it's easy to change.

Thanks! :)