Essential Mods Thread

Ok form me

1. Marco Bergman's Silhouette mod.

Anticipated from CMSF experience-

2. unit bases- I liked the skull and cross bones.

3. Soldier faces mod.

4. Jury is out for weapons sounds- gonna give the vanilla a good chance first.

5. Fingers crossed Mord gets going again.

Ok, finger's bleeding again so quittingthe monkey for the night and dream about waking up to a demo tomorrow.

Anticipated from CMSF experience-

2. unit bases- I liked the skull and cross bones.

3. Soldier faces mod.

4. Jury is out for weapons sounds- gonna give the vanilla a good chance first.

2. The unit bases in CMBN are pretty darn good I think - and there are skull and cross bones. :cool:

3. The faces in CMBN look great (Sergei had a great screenshot of the German ones somewhere). I doubt anyone will really improve on them, other than adding variety and alternate looks.

4. I think the CMBN stock sounds (minus some of the voice work and engine sounds), overall, are fantastic. CMSF's just don't even compare.

The game comes pretty much 'pre-modded', they did everything up-front that you would've wanted to mod if they had cut corners. But they didn't cut corners. An enterprising soul could always dirty-up the vehicles more. And I'm assembling some plain yellow vehicles and weapons for Repository for anyone wanting to try their hand at different camou schemes. :)

Oh, one cool thing. You may have noticed in the 'flavor objects' on page 122 of the manual theres 4 sets of wall posters. One set French building plaques, then German military signage, German propaganda posters, then French commercial posters. Those posters can be swapped-out or added to. Put your ex girfriend's photo on a poster then blow up the building with battleship artillery. :D

The game comes pretty much 'pre-modded', they did everything up-front that you would've wanted to mod if they had cut corners. But they didn't cut corners. An enterprising soul could always dirty-up the vehicles more. And I'm assembling some plain yellow vehicles and weapons for Repository for anyone wanting to try their hand at different camou schemes. :)

Oh, one cool thing. You may have noticed in the 'flavor objects' on page 122 of the manual theres 4 sets of wall posters. One set French building plaques, then German military signage, German propaganda posters, then French commercial posters. Those posters can be swapped-out or added to. Put your ex girfriend's photo on a poster then blow up the building with battleship artillery. :D

Wow, color me impressed. :cool:

I don't think anyone here seriously thinks the game needs loads of modding right off the bat*, but that won't stop people! They'll mod stuff just because they can - 'because it's there'!

I'm sure no offence to the hard work and skill of the art and sound team was intended and hopefully none taken! This game looks fantastic in my opinion.

*Except for the coloured weapon icons of course (:D)

From what I've seen the essential mods will be for the effects that haven't appeared to change since CMSF's release, therefore flames, explosions and the CMBO infantry voices.

I'd love to see a US voice mod that contained phrases such as "hey buddy ya wanna see a photo of my sweatheart back home" in a innocent green voice destined to meet an MG-42, and "hey Mack ya gotta light" from a hardened veteran.

Here are mine:

1. Icon bases mod from CMSF. The chevron shape is better than a circle for determining facing direction when playing from above.

2. Grid terrain. I made one for CMSF, and yes it helps to see the lay of the land just as it did in CMx1.

3. Red tracers because they show better than yellow. Better yet different color tracers for each side. There was Cmx1 mod like this I liked.

4.Vin's animated text. I will be making one for CMBN too. Adds much interest to, and makes text easier to decipher.

5.Kelly's Heroes face mod. I kept this from CMx1 and hope to use it again for CMBN. I would much rather see Eastwood with his helmet tilted to the side for HQ's rather than generic faces. I took my basic training pic the same way, but of course they made me. button the chin strap so I did not look as cool :(