CMBN Manual is up

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean game release could be this Friday? Iirc the manual releases of CMSF modules were 2-3 days before game release?

Now THAT would be fantastic! And an excellent counter to PSN withdrawal. It's a shame not being able to skulk through the ruins of a distant planet picking off Space Naz--uh, I mean Helghast online. But if instead you get to order around a whole BUNCH of little dudes skulking around, with tanks and armored cars and mortars, why that would more than make up for it!

...speaking of which, maybe Exoskeleton mechs can be added to CM in a future module :-)

Ahh, no Jadgpanther.

Not sure they were even in Normandy but they were good looking machines.

Awesome manual!

The one in the Imperial War Museum in London does look rather sexy. Well, except for the hole through the lower hull. Which, presumably, is how it ended up in Allied hands.

Page 81, Mark Mines subheading (italics mine):

This command enables engineer units to detect and mark hidden minefields so that other units are aware of them.

Does that really mean that seeing pixeltruppen get blown up from under foot will no longer be the only way to know mines are present? If so, my pixeltruppen thank you heartily, BFC.

Ahh, no Jadgpanther.

Not sure they were even in Normandy but they were good looking machines.

Awesome manual!

From Wikipedia:

They were first encountered in the west in very small numbers late in the Battle of Normandy, where the German 654 schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung ("654th Heavy Antitank Battalion") deployed about 12 Jagdpanthers against British units.

Probably see them in the next edition of CM Normandy for sure!

Here is a Quote from Achtung Panzer!

"On July 30th of 1944 near Les Loges in Normandy, three Jagdpanthers from schwere Panzer Jaeger Abteilung 654 ambushed a squadron of British 6th Guards Tank Brigade destroying some 10-11 Churchill tanks in a short period of two minutes.At the same time, other squadron of British 6th Guards Tank Brigade opened fire at three Jagdpanthers causing crews of two of them to abandon their vehicles (because of damaged tracks), while the third one retreated."

I appreciate BFC posting the manual, so I'm not complaining; however, the online viewer seems a bit sub-optimal. I see how to zoom in on one page in the manual viewer, but is there any way to view two pages side by side when zoomed in, or else at least to flip forward or back a page while staying in the zoomed in mode? Again, not a "fix or somefink" complaint to BFC, but I was wondering if there is a better way to view the online manual than I've figured out so far.

I appreciate BFC posting the manual, so I'm not complaining; however, the online viewer seems a bit sub-optimal. I see how to zoom in on one page in the manual viewer, but is there any way to view two pages side by side when zoomed in, or else at least to flip forward or back a page while staying in the zoomed in mode? Again, not a "fix or somefink" complaint to BFC, but I was wondering if there is a better way to view the online manual than I've figured out so far.

Two browsers?

What I found interesting as a MAC user (p. 150): "Mod tools are only available for the PC version at this time."

Hate to swim against the tide here, but this is not good for all of us who regained interest because of Mac compatibility. Two sets of tools very likely mean far fewer mods for the Mac.

Oh, well. Think I'll be waiting awhile before purchase.

The mod tools are minor utilities and not necessary to create mods.

The only thing they do is package a folder structure with mod elements into some archive format.

But the game works just as well with the unpacked folder structure.

For uploading the mod to a repository you can just package the folder into a zip file.

The user can then unzip and put the content into his Z folder.