CMBN Manual is up

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the manual but I'm very disappointed that I can't read it. As others have said - the printing is too small and its even hard to read when a page is magnified. You can't flip magnified pages so this is out, too.

The brownish style is very nice and will look good in printing but makes it even harder to read on screen.

Please provide a simple b/w pdf.

Found another error on page 74.

It claims that selected units cannot fire upon units with dimmed icons which is only partially true. In the context it seems that an enemy unit has been selected, while the reverse is true it doesn't mean that the enemy unit cannot fire upon the dimmed units (we have no idea of the selected units LOS). All the selecting does is tell us the LOS TO that unit or rather IF it's been detected (LOS or not).

Wait, I just glanced at this earlier and now realize there is no option to download as a PDF, unless I am missing it. Don't want to sound like a whiner, but reading small print like this on my PC gives me a headache after awhile.

Ranger33, I have read the entire thread and it seems the solution to your problem is as follows:

Step1: Buy an iPad and a Kindle.

Step 2: Sit on the toilet and read the manual.

I think there is supposed to be a step in between step 1 and 2 (because I have both and iPad and a toilet, but I am still sitting here in front of my computer).

That's a really good tutorial by the way - the amount of information posted there should help complete novices to any CM game, CM1 gamers who missed CMSF, CMSF veterans who have forgotten WW2 weapon capabilities and pretty much everyone in between.

Right, only 160 pages to go...

Oh my god, there's an Iron Man mode. I may have just wet my pants.

I just got to that bit myself this morning. Awesome. And overall the manual is outstanding in terms of explanations, details, writing style etc. Bravo BF.

Oops! The 20+ year typographer in me just noticed way back on page 31-32 ... page 31 ends "WW" and page 32 starts "2" ... shudder.

It's probably the same as SF (enemy unit info).

Another thing, I notice you can buy all sorts of fortifications but not tank holes-you-can-put-tanks-in-for-protection (what are those called again? :D). So we'll be seeing a lot of tanks hiding behind sand bag walls then?

You can probably create your "Tank Holes" with the finely tuned editor! :)

Just got done with page 110.....90 more to go, but I will probably go back and re-read everything again. Ahh is the demo coming out soon then.. LOL