I would pay to play the Beta

I'm so bored with most of the games out there that I would happily pay to get the Beta version of this excellent looking title. Why don't you offer the hardcore fans a discount and generate some revenue now?

I would even pay for an 'upgrade' to the retail release, as long as you keep the pricing sensible, so you'd not lose a single cent and your cash flow would be improved...

yeah right...the build up of anticipation is all part of the marketing angle....BF think long term...they know they will get your readies at some point.

Agreed , BF know what they are doing. No point in supporting an unfinished product , its all about anticipation and i'm caught in the trap big time too :)

I'm so bored with most of the games out there that I would happily pay to get the Beta version of this excellent looking title. Why don't you offer the hardcore fans a discount and generate some revenue now?

I would even pay for an 'upgrade' to the retail release, as long as you keep the pricing sensible, so you'd not lose a single cent and your cash flow would be improved...

I'm as anxious to play CMBN as anyone but BF released CMSF before it was ready and they took mucho heat for it, I don't think they want a repeat of that episode. It can be argued that releasing CMSF was necessary in 07 but its certainly not necessary now. Give it to us when you feel its ready guys ....

The serious answer is that putting out a full Beta for public consumption would be about the worst possible thing we could do. "Suicide" is a word that comes to mind quite readily :D

With CMBO we put out a Beta Demo (not full copy) because Battlefront was brand new, not many people really grasped how 3D tactical warfare would play, and because we thought it would be a good idea. 12 years later and we haven't released a Beta Demo since. That's no accident.

Steve

How about a, buy the game now, get into the beta, deal? I'd be more than happy to beta this game and I'm sure will still play the heck out of it after release as well. :)

That's basically what I was trying to say :)

How does one become a beta tester anyway? Do you need to marry someone's sister? (I'm single. Well, not married anyway. Legally single... ;))

I've signed up for umpteen beta test teams and never even had a reply. They don't even turn me down - just silence!