Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Big announcement... Battlefront is now Slitherine

5 hours ago, Spinoza said:

Hi all

Back from long brake, so please forgive me if not the right place to ask this, but how do i activate the CM on the Slitherine?

According to the explanation I can register the serials with Slitherine ,but all I have are activation codes, which are not working.

What I am missing

Thank you for the help

Sign in to your account at click on my page. There you should find all of your file downloads

1 hour ago, Battlefront.com said:

50 years for music to become free to use.

Funny enough, early this year I saw some show that played a track off of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon during the credits.  Pink Floyd has always carefully controlled the use of their music so I thought "I know what that means".  And I was correct.  1973 + 50 years = 2023. 

Boy, 50 years can go by very fast.  In fact, there's a song about that on said album!

Steve

"Boy, 50 years can go by very fast."

>Steve in nostalgia, very nice, we can “hear” the sigh!!

Edited by JM Stuff

19 minutes ago, John N said:

Sign in to your account at click on my page. There you should find all of your file downloads

Are you sure that's correct?  Don't you have to transfer your BFC number to Slitherine on their site?  Maybe it changed.

30 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Utterly confused by a changing world as alwasy, I have a question. If I want to buy Downfall. Where can I do that?

Now the best place is to buy from Slitherine. You'll get a simple download file plus Slitherine provides a free Steam key so it's basically two copies of game for the price of one.

https://www.slitherine.com/game/combat-mission-final-blitzkrieg-downfall

Edited by Jane's

7 minutes ago, Jane's said:

Now the best place is to buy from Slitherine. You'll get a simple download file plus Slitherine provides a free Steam key so it's basically two copies of game for the price of one.

https://www.slitherine.com/game/combat-mission-final-blitzkrieg-downfall

Thank you. On Steam the Downfall module is € 13.59, but on the Slitherine site € 40,-. Is that correct? And can I use the Steam module for my BF game?

1 hour ago, Jane's said:

I belive Steam now runs a sale for Combat Mission franchise :)

In order to run a DLC on Steam, you need to have a base game also on Steam. Steam DLC won't run with a base game which is not on Steam.

If you don't have a Slitherine account yet I suggest you make one. Then you should be able to register all your CM games bought from BF. When you register a game on Slitherine, you'll get a simple download/install file plus a free Steam key. If you're using Steam, register those keys on your Steam account. Hope that helps :)

Below is a pic from Slitherine account, that's how it looks when you register games there.

2024-08-31_10-31-56.jpg

Excellent, thank you very much for your answers.

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Thank you. On Steam the Downfall module is € 13.59, but on the Slitherine site € 40,-. Is that correct? And can I use the Steam module for my BF game?

Somebody screwed up and didn't mirror the Steam sale on Matrix. Best contact John to see what's up with that.

If you buy on Steam now you can never run the Matrix version.

11 hours ago, Thewood1 said:

Are you sure that's correct?  Don't you have to transfer your BFC number to Slitherine on their site?  Maybe it changed.

Yes, once you have transferred your activation codes to the matrix site.

3 hours ago, Jane's said:

Below is a pic from Slitherine account, that's how it looks when you register games there.

You probably should cross out all Serial Numbers and Steam key numbers in your attached screenshot (you left some visible).  Besides the potential for nefarious characters to take those numbers and use them for evil purposes, there was a day when BFC might get quite pissed at you for sharing that info on the web (could be wrong, also could now be moot)

38 minutes ago, Andrew Kulin said:

You probably should cross out all Serial Numbers and Steam key numbers in your attached screenshot (you left some visible).  Besides the potential for nefarious characters to take those numbers and use them for evil purposes, there was a day when BFC might get quite pissed at you for sharing that info on the web (could be wrong, also could now be moot)

Steam keys are used so it doesn't matter. Maybe i should've hidden serial no but i can't edit the post anymore... oh well, not the end of the world... i hope... :)

2 hours ago, Jane's said:

Steam keys are used so it doesn't matter. Maybe i should've hidden serial no but i can't edit the post anymore... oh well, not the end of the world... i hope... :)

You can delete a picture by going in your profile

38 minutes ago, FlammenwerferX said:

I'm thinking that Slitherine must be v impressed with the new engine (and that it has legs) if they decided to make the acquisition now.

Oh, they've been impressed with us since before we started working together :)

But yeah, they were very happy with CM2 sales and how CM2 fits into their overall strategy.  The direction CM3 is headed in is exciting for everybody, so they've gotten behind it in a way that is kinda shocking to me.  I mean, I knew they were going to ramp up our development resources.  That was always part of the vision.  However, I thought it would be done over a longer period of time.  Boy was I wrong.  Our development team has more than doubled already and our related team (which includes technical and promotional people) puts us over 3x our per-acquisition size.  In fact, they made two key hires explicitly for Combat Mission before we finished signing the paperwork.

The point of all of this is to convey, at least a little bit, how excited Slitherine is about Combat Mission's future.  The decision makers at Slitherine are super smart guys who have, like us, beaten all the odds to still be in business for nearly 25 years.  The trust we have in their judgement played a huge part in Charles and me making the decision to sell.  Now that we have, we know for sure it was the right move for Combat Mission.

The most important part of this, and I can not stress this enough, is they recognize that Combat Mission gives them something unique in the gaming world.  Slitherine already has traditional RTS games (one of which has sold a boatload of units), they already have lots of turn based games, and they have a few games that are on the simulation side of gaming.  What they don't have is an RTS game that appeals to turn based gamers based on a hardcore simulator.  Nobody else has it either.  So if any of you are a little concerned about where this is headed, ask yourself this question... why would Slitherine want to take a proven, unique game concept and turn it into something they, and everybody else, already has?  There's no logical reason why they would deliberately do that.  Accidentally?  In theory, but they hired all of Battlefront explicitly to make sure that doesn't happen.  We Battlefront people take that role seriously ;)

Steve

38 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

In theory, but they hired all of Battlefront explicitly to make sure that doesn't happen.  We Battlefront people take that role seriously ;)

Steve

I hope that I am not speaking out of school here (Steve's admin controls can delete this if I have) but........ We had a big meeting with the CM team other day (there are a lot of us). Part of the meeting was lisitng all of the names on the team and what they do. There were new artists and coders. Some names we all know and some we don't. But there were only 2 names in the Game Designers list. Steve and Chris. 

That told me everything I needed to know.

This may have been addressed already and I didn't see it in the prior posts.

I have 5 diff CM games all current versions. I purchased and downloaded all of them from steam. Is there anything i need to do regarding the change ?

Also, will i still be able to obtain future games just from steam as i have with my current games ?

Thanks