2023 New Year Update

7 minutes ago, weapon2010 said:

A 2022 mid year update does not relieve you of your 2023 New Year Traditional Update and Obligation. 😇.C'mon , I've bought every game since 1999, even that space game thingy that didn't work out.

Drop Team? 

The Man has been nudged and will be preparing a statement. Probably not before the weekend though.

16 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

A 2022 mid year update does not relieve you of your 2023 New Year Traditional Update and Obligation. 😇.C'mon , I've bought every game since 1999, even that space game thingy that didn't work out.

I can top that!!! I purchased and still play a modded version of Flight Commander 2... 1995 BABY!! 😊

• BFCElvis pinned and unpinned this topic

PM sent rocketman.... 😉

Groghead's forum for the FC2 mod(s): (my version is modded using only the v1.2 update only. I haven't tried the helicopter versions.)
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11340.0

Awesome site for scenarios and campaigns, Haglers11's site: https://sites.google.com/site/hagler11sflightcommander2site/home?pli=1

From the introduction at Hagler11's site... just to give this game more love:
Avalon Hill's Flight Commander 2 was published in 1994.  Designed by Charles Moylan, this rather ancient Windows 3.1 game of tactical aerial warfare is still widely regarded as one of the (if not the) finest aerial combat wargames ever produced for the PC.  Although designed and published in the mid '90s, the range of aircraft and weapons included in this turn-based simulation allow the modeling of aerial combat from the 50's to at least 2008. The 11 scenarios included in the original game touched on actual and hypothetical jet combat from the Korean War all the way to the Gulf War of 1991, but did not cover, by any stretch, the full diversity of aerial combat encounters during that period.   Fortunately, one of the great features of FC2 is the Flight Commander 2 Mission Builder, which Avalon Hill released to allow players to build custom missions.  While some FC2 players have created new scenarios for this classic game over the years, many areas of the past 58 years of jet combat have not been simulated in FC2.  This page is dedicated to presenting new scenarios I have built over the past several years. They cover both historical and hypothetical situations derived from a variety of sources, including web pages, books, magazines, board games and TV shows.

Dxwind and X-Mouse could possibly prove useful for this game for graphics enhancements. They work great for Steel Panthers WW2 and SPMBT, but I haven't tried them out with FC2 yet.

Edited by Blazing 88's

16 hours ago, Sunbather said:

All I want to know is if we can expect the Final Blitzkrieg module anytime soon, or if it is still planned to release together with the Steam release --- which according to last year's schedule will be 1 year after Normandy is coming to Steam.....

+1

On 1/20/2023 at 10:43 AM, Blazing 88's said:

PM sent rocketman.... 😉

Groghead's forum for the FC2 mod(s): (my version is modded using only the v1.2 update only. I haven't tried the helicopter versions.)
http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11340.0

Awesome site for scenarios and campaigns, Haglers11's site: https://sites.google.com/site/hagler11sflightcommander2site/home?pli=1

From the introduction at Hagler11's site... just to give this game more love:
Avalon Hill's Flight Commander 2 was published in 1994.  Designed by Charles Moylan, this rather ancient Windows 3.1 game of tactical aerial warfare is still widely regarded as one of the (if not the) finest aerial combat wargames ever produced for the PC.  Although designed and published in the mid '90s, the range of aircraft and weapons included in this turn-based simulation allow the modeling of aerial combat from the 50's to at least 2008. The 11 scenarios included in the original game touched on actual and hypothetical jet combat from the Korean War all the way to the Gulf War of 1991, but did not cover, by any stretch, the full diversity of aerial combat encounters during that period.   Fortunately, one of the great features of FC2 is the Flight Commander 2 Mission Builder, which Avalon Hill released to allow players to build custom missions.  While some FC2 players have created new scenarios for this classic game over the years, many areas of the past 58 years of jet combat have not been simulated in FC2.  This page is dedicated to presenting new scenarios I have built over the past several years. They cover both historical and hypothetical situations derived from a variety of sources, including web pages, books, magazines, board games and TV shows.

Dxwind and X-Mouse could possibly prove useful for this game for graphics enhancements. They work great for Steel Panthers WW2 and SPMBT, but I haven't tried them out with FC2 yet.

Got FC2 working again in DOSBOX and Windows 3.1.  That was a trip.