How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

I don't think this has been posted, or at least I didn't see it. Looks like more reinforcements on the way. The question is what good is it if Turkey won't let them into the Black Sea? Perhaps an airlift from Syria?

Four large Russian warships, possibly transporting troops and combat vehicles to Ukraine, were spotted near Japan on Wednesday, the Japanese military said.

The Russian amphibious warfare ships were spotted by the Japanese military traveling west, and photos of the transport ships published by Japan's Defense Ministry showed what looked to be military vehicles on the deck of one of the vessels.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/russian-tank-landing-ships-spotted-near-japan-may-be-heading-to-ukraine

Edited by OldSarge
Just remembered about Syria

2 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Pryluky town area, Chernihiv oblast. 

Next ambushed convoy. One MLRS BM-27 Uragan damaged, other captured. Also Tigr and T-72B3 destroyed, but maybe this is other episodes arond this town

Interesting to see improvised armor to counter fragments from artillery attacks.  It seems the word is getting around that the battlefield is a dangerous place.  Doesn't look very effective.

Steve

4 hours ago, John Kettler said:

domfluff,

Believe the domain name reflects a concern of the site operator, if that's the right term. You seem to have seized on that domain name as an excuse to reject out of hand what's on the link. Did you bother to look at what Lt. Col.,  Ret., Douglas MacGregor said, or have you simply rejected it sight unseen because the domain name put you off? By the way, I could've used his interview with Tucker Carlson on his show on FOX, but then I'm sure there would've been a chorus rejecting the information because a) it was FOX and, b) on Tucker Carlson's show. In the interest of giving MacGregor's important thoughts and assessments a chance to be seen. without that TV overlay, I went and found what I needed in text form instead. And still got grief over it!

Regards,

John Kettler

Did you read the article? He goes on how the UA is done,  a bunch surrounded and will probably surrender soon and they are only able to do "pin pricks" to the RA. Then he goes on how everything is going according to plan and the reason the RA is making such slow progress is they are trying to not cause civilian casualties. I don't think there was a single thing he said that coincides with what we have seen in the video evidence just here in this thread. And of course he hammers Washington and hints to all this being NATO's fault.

So a simple google search on the Colonel shows that he has been on RUSSIAN TV multiple times. Starting back during Kosovo where he was against the west interfering in the area and then in 2014 saying that Russia should be able to take any parts of Ukraine it wants. 

Seems like an unbiased analyst that is only presenting the facts with no political agenda. (Yes, this sentence is highly sarcastic.) I wonder what his salary in rubbles is??

20 minutes ago, keas66 said:

Please correct me if I am wrong - but this ability for opensource sites to view/track russian/nato aircraft is only  possible because the  planes/jets themselves have Identification systems turned on ? If they wanted to  they could turn these trackers off and remove themselves from commercial tracking sites ?

Yeah, i think it is more show of force and not the doomsday. But it shows that Putin is still playing with his KGB/FSB mindgames.

So, Ukraine released part of troops from Odesa to counter-attack in Mykolaiv oblast.

Units of 28th mech.brigade advanced SE from Mykolaiv and after clashes liberated several villages. Several days ago they liberated Posad-Pokrovske village in Kherson oblast (19 km SE from Mykolaiv on M-14 Kherson-Mykolaiv road). Today this was allowed to confirm officially. 

Edited by Haiduk

16 minutes ago, sross112 said:

Did you read the article? He goes on how the UA is done,  a bunch surrounded and will probably surrender soon and they are only able to do "pin pricks" to the RA. Then he goes on how everything is going according to plan and the reason the RA is making such slow progress is they are trying to not cause civilian casualties. I don't think there was a single thing he said that coincides with what we have seen in the video evidence just here in this thread. And of course he hammers Washington and hints to all this being NATO's fault.

So a simple google search on the Colonel shows that he has been on RUSSIAN TV multiple times. Starting back during Kosovo where he was against the west interfering in the area and then in 2014 saying that Russia should be able to take any parts of Ukraine it wants. 

Seems like an unbiased analyst that is only presenting the facts with no political agenda. (Yes, this sentence is highly sarcastic.) I wonder what his salary in rubbles is??

MacGregor is the sort who bangs on about "cosmopolitan elites". Ignore.

Great news! The bomb shelter under Drama Theater in Mariupol survived the hit of 500 kg bomb. Now the rubbles removing have started to reach the entrance of shelter. There is still unknow about possible casualties among people which were inside the buiding and out of shelter. 

I was an architect in a previous life. Old theatres are very heavy stone construction, including the roof. Plus the seating area of the auditorium is very strongly built. These facts plus that it was "only" a 500kg bomb are what saved anyone still alive. I'd lay odds the angled & raise seating area took the brunt of the explosion, keeping it away from the ground floor/roof of the basement and with the shock wave channeled down through the thick foundational structure.

Even so, a larger bomb, or worse, a second one, would probably have penetrated.

Modern theatres would just disintegrate like balsa wood.

Thank goodness there's survivors at all.

My Polish-Ukrainian wife was in bits when she heard - she had literally just watched a walkthrough video the shelter had released. Horrifying.

Russian pilots. Scum of the f*cking earth.

Edited by Kinophile

@Kinophile

Did you want to see AGS-17? Here is one - the photo of serviceman of 93rd mech. brigade somewhere in Sumy oblast

Зображення

And here other footage of this guy - destroyed Russian column. He claims in this column was 11 trucks, 2 tanks, SP-howitzer and BTR 

Edited by Haiduk

4 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

Great news! The bomb shelter under Drama Theater in Mariupol survived the hit of 500 kg bomb. Now the rubbles removing have started to reach the entrance of shelter. There is still unknow about possible casualties among people which were inside the buiding and out of shelter. 

That is GREAT news. Was there one of the old Soviet shelters under the building?

7 hours ago, kraze said:

"Marina Ovsiannikova burst onto the set live"

Keep believin'

Looks like that psyop was indeed targeted at the West because prior to the stunt it became known that EU was voting for sanctions on the next day that included Konstantin Ernst, an owner of the First Channel, as well as the channel itself. His hope was probably that if he shows that "not all journos are pro-war" EU will not throw the hammer down on him and his biz as those "good russians" will suffer.

But EU did.

And that court case against Ovsiannikova, where she was accused of all the horrors with seemingly having to serve 15 years in prison, immediately ended with... her having to pay a fine of $100.

That's all folks.

I was ready to give her the benefit of the doubt, but that punishment... yeah that is BS.  I have had worse here in the US for less.

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

"that court case against Ovsiannikova, where she was accused of all the horrors with seemingly having to serve 15 years in prison, immediately ended with... her having to pay a fine of $100."

Virtually no one has commented on her incredibly mild "slap on the wrist" $100(!) fine considering how harsh the "anti Russian" laws that have been passed.  There has to be a much larger story here.  Either she is a very connected VIP or someone is certainly protecting her... maybe evidence of a split with Putin by some powerful people.

It comes out at a week's wages of the median income in Russia.

Edited by Grey_Fox

13 minutes ago, dan/california said:

That is GREAT news. Was there one of the old Soviet shelters under the building?

I believe so. I seem to recall that the theatre is a post-war Soviet project, and these often included bomb shelters.

EDIT: yes, built in 1960. Here is a photo I took in 2018:

7F67A709-354A-4BFC-9665-2F299332761D.thumb.jpeg.a6e0e9d6263db3863ce5d4d0988ffcae.jpeg

Edited by akd

5 hours ago, John Kettler said:

domfluff,

Believe the domain name reflects a concern of the site operator, if that's the right term. You seem to have seized on that domain name as an excuse to reject out of hand what's on the link. Did you bother to look at what Lt. Col.,  Ret., Douglas MacGregor said, or have you simply rejected it sight unseen because the domain name put you off? By the way, I could've used his interview with Tucker Carlson on his show on FOX, but then I'm sure there would've been a chorus rejecting the information because a) it was FOX and, b) on Tucker Carlson's show. In the interest of giving MacGregor's important thoughts and assessments a chance to be seen. without that TV overlay, I went and found what I needed in text form instead. And still got grief over it!

Regards,

John Kettler

Steve already gave you a warning about spreading this stuff.  I would heed that as he is pretty passionate about this.