How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

7 minutes ago, sburke said:

that was posted SINCE you started posting 8 hours ago..  Not 80 pages back.  You may want to be PART of the conversation and pay particular attention to haiduk's posts BEFORE posting.  It isn't inevitable.

sburke,

Am reading forward not backward, for otherwise I'll have no context or chronology.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Hey all, there's so many posts that it's easy for someone to miss something.  So there's some duplication.  But multiple posts duplicating complaints about multiple posts then me saying let's not worry about posts about multiple posts takes up more space than simply ignoring multiple posts and posts about posts about complaining about multiple posts. 

Here is a report today that Russia has not advanced in the last 24 hours:

You may need to use Google Translate.
(Duplicate but translated below)
Edited by Probus
Duplicate post.

1 hour ago, DesertFox said:

"Interesting" tactics, moving along rail lines with trucks...

I don’t understand why this should come as a surprise to anyone. The tactic has been used to avoid and bypass muddy, cratered, crowded, or otherwise impassable roads since at least WWII. I might be mistaken, but I believe the bridge at Remagen was a railroad bridge.

31 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

When I first got back here hours ago, I clearly stated I was some 80 pages behind. Between catchup reading and posting, have now narrowed the gap to some 58 pages. Given my huge backlog, information duplication is inevitable. Looked at what Haiduk said, which confirmed what I'd read ref corvette hit by rocket attacks, but I have some hot news.

The ship hit and set ablaze, corvette VASYL BYKOV, pride of the Black Sea Fleet, sank today!  

https://rubryka.com/en/2022/03/07/vasyl-bykov-zatoplenyj/

Regards,

John Kettler

Stop posting.  Catch up. You are not a victim.

Edited by akd

13 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

I hear you Aragorn.  Unlikely, but I am hoping for non-linear events to change the current trajectory.  And yes, it's is just a hope, not a prediction.  Think of ceaucescu (sp?) of Romania, late 80s.  Never thought he could fall.  Then BAM he's in a courtyard being shot.  These things can happen. 

What is more likely is that they'll run out of fuel trucks!  Yet another fuel truck convoy destroyed/captured.  and now there's trains w what appear to be commandeered civilian trucks.  That's reeks of desperation.

Perhaps, Dan, but the Russians are practically fighting in their backyard, so that must count for something. The only thing that will make the Russian masses think twice are lots of body bags and empty shops. I hope for a second Afghanistan for them, but this time even bloodier.

2 minutes ago, Probus said:

Can someone verify what they are saying?

I have posted this a page ago :) Here the photos of Russian jet remains near Popasna:

Зображення

Зображення

Tranlation of the video:

- Launch!

- Launch ..... (can't understand)!

- [Missile] has gone! A lock!

- Narrow beam!

- Approaching!

- Support... (can't understand)

- YEAH !!!

- Target destroyed

- Azimuth

- On the range five...

- Azimuth 255!

- Target destoyed! Target is coming down! Target is a plane!

- +

- Youhoooo!!!

2 minutes ago, Haiduk said:

I have posted this a page ago :) Here the photos of Russian jet remains near Popasna:

Зображення

Зображення

Tranlation of the video:

- Launch!

- Launch ..... (can't understand)!

- [Missile] has gone! A lock!

- Narrow beam!

- Approaching!

- Support... (can't understand)

- YEAH !!!

- Target destroyed

- Azimuth

- On the range five...

- Azimuth 255!

- Target destoyed! Target is coming down! Target is a plane!

- +

- Youhoooo!!!

Thanks a bunch @Haiduk!

2 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Perhaps, Dan, but the Russians are practically fighting in their backyard, so that must count for something. The only thing that will make the Russian masses think twice are lots of body bags and empty shops. I hope for a second Afghanistan for them, but this time even bloodier.

I hate seeing a bunch of conscript kids being killed & wounded, but that's what  it's come down to.  Either russian conscript kids die or a free, independent democratic nation dies, along with lots of its citizens. 

Every destroyed convoy warms my heart.  And if the drivers escaped in panic back to their own lines to lower morale and cause more panic, that's a pretty good outcome w/o lots of dead russian kids.

13 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

I hate seeing a bunch of conscript kids being killed & wounded, but that's what  it's come down to.  Either russian conscript kids die or a free, independent democratic nation dies, along with lots of its citizens. 

Every destroyed convoy warms my heart.  And if the drivers escaped in panic back to their own lines to lower morale and cause more panic, that's a pretty good outcome w/o lots of dead russian kids.

With all respect, my friend, I have no pity on Russian soldiers, but on Ukrainian civilians. I'm with Kraze on this. Those escaped russians will climb in another tank or truck and continue to kill and destroy.

Edited by Aragorn2002

41 minutes ago, John Kettler said:

When I first got back here hours ago, I clearly stated I was some 80 pages behind. Between catchup reading and posting, have now narrowed the gap to some 58 pages. Given my huge backlog, information duplication is inevitable. Looked at what Haiduk said, which confirmed what I'd read ref corvette hit by rocket attacks, but I have some hot news.

The ship hit and set ablaze, corvette VASYL BYKOV, pride of the Black Sea Fleet, sank today!  

https://rubryka.com/en/2022/03/07/vasyl-bykov-zatoplenyj/

Regards,

John Kettler

That can be excused for your first few posts, until a number of members pointed them out and asked you to stop. Might I suggest that you take the time to read this thread to the end before making anymore of those posts? Then, you can go back and make the posts that you feel are pertinent.

4 minutes ago, keas66 said:

Saw some unconfirmed report about dozens of helicopters being destroyed on the ground by Ukrainian Navy around Kherson .

OSint has claims of 30-49 destroyed on the ground. Awaiting confirmation. Multiple sources.

If true, that would be a rather massive loss, and what kind of commander parks that much equipment in such a small area?

I guess reports of strategy, tactics and logistics are true too. IF the above is validated.

6 minutes ago, Freyberg said:

Give John Kettler some respect.

He is a CM legend - you loudmouths don't own this forum and you haven't earned the right to slag off at him.

we aren't.  We are simply asking he either catch up on the conversation then participate or at least read what is being posted while he is posting.  Instead, he's reading through 80 f'n pages and posting randomly.  and legend is a stretch.

I start every morning anywhere from 30-80 posts behind.  I read through them before I consider commenting.  it is basic courtesy and allows me to participate in a conversation instead of barging in randomly.

3 minutes ago, sburke said:

I start every morning anywhere from 30-80 posts behind.  I read through them before I consider commenting.  it is basic courtesy and allows me to participate in a conversation instead of barging in randomly

Good advice @sburke. We all need to follow it. I find myself jumping in with my latest news. I need to stop that. 

I had predicted the "end game" to have been yesterday.  Obviously I wasn't exactly on the mark, but I think I'm going to wind up being pretty close to it.  Far closer than those who still say this will take months to play out.  It won't because it can't.

I also had (hoped) that the end game would bring about a swift removal of Putin from power.  I'm still holding out hope that when the Russian military overtly collapses that will happen.  I have no doubts that discussions are already going on and have moved away from "if we should act" to "when and how to act".

Steve

8 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

I had predicted the "end game" to have been yesterday.  Obviously I wasn't exactly on the mark, but I think I'm going to wind up being pretty close to it.  Far closer than those who still say this will take months to play out.  It won't because it can't.

Steve

So you don't expect a second Afghanistan? 

Edited by Aragorn2002

1 minute ago, Battlefront.com said:

I also had (hoped) that the end game would bring about a swift removal of Putin from power.  I'm still holding out hope that when the Russian military overtly collapses that will happen.  I have no doubts that discussions are already going on and have moved away from "if we should act" to "when and how to act".

Steve

From Steve's keyboard to God's ears. 

So what does this russian military collapse look like do you think? 

58 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

What event, marker, trend are you looking for that tells you the Russian Army is no longer fit to achieve minimal goals set by Putin and will start losing what little it has already achieved?

Edited by billbindc