Barbarossa Scenarios Released

kohlenklau

thank you @kohlenklau
friend of the club of six I now have a short barrel but still not the color gray

9ag0.jpg
I'm looking for the problem ...
for info the "Birhakeim" stubbornly refused to work and I solved the problem barely 1 hour ago
it came into conflict with a personal mod
I use the multi bmp a lot (for example: helmet; helmet 2; helmet 3 etc I can have more than 20), when you use a tag ensure that the tagged bmp is at least equal or better more than your bmp .

For info I discovered that "smod_german_helmet-soldier 3" in tag [finn] is not tagged which explains that @Monty's Mighty Moustache has a Finnish who fights in his DAR

lubd.png

ok, I am kind of groggy from covid (wargamer pun!)...

With no secretary (still!) I will talk this through so you hairy legged bad breath dudes can remotely help spot anything I mess up. Thanks

A. Burtsevo's earlystug mod (actual Stug but with Blender mod to display a short barrel) needs the mdr, new ui silhouette and at least 2 new texture bmps, the Stummel gun and the Stug hull. I did not yet mod the floating icon to show it being the early stug. halftracks keep their normal icons. I think I left out the whitewash version for the 2 BMP's! 

B. Grossmutter's earlystugstummel (fake Stug but reflects more HE rounds?). I wonder if this mod even has a future? But it was my thought and led to the above. icon for halftracks had to be modded so it would mess with all other halftracks icons. Jeez. I guess it looks rough for the future of this lowly mod. 

For everybody who considers that they might be one of the "Club of Six", I have some great news. A buddy of mine has harnessed the company he works for, (he manages their Scranton, Pennsylvania branch) to be a corporate sponsor for me to set up some "tracked damage/umpire involved campaigns" we all can play here with the Barb Mod for the rest of the winter. Round of applause for his awesome company! Anybody interested?

Rb8Pwh1.png

CONTEST! 

CONTEST!

CONTEST!

I have an intention to soon use Blender to TRY to make (from existing CM world tank parts) a hybrid tank with the goal to look like a Soviet T-26, as best I can. What should I use? Look in CMBN, CMFI, CMFB, CMCW, CMBS, CMSF2, even CMRT. PM me with your suggestion of a) the tank turret and b) the tank wheels/tracks and c) the tank hull.

wMMGlx3.jpg

The best suggestion, the one I end up pursuing, gets a tank (or other vehicle) "decorated to their specs"...! This means a Barbarossa era mod of a vehicle with unit insignia, numbers, nicknames, coloration as they desire and even weathering. Doesn't have to be the T-26, but must be something we already have. Decoration will be done to the very best of my ability.

Edited by kohlenklau

Thank you Kohlenklau 

Just finished BARB The Double Zug Hug. What a fight !  

I achieved a total victory in the end but to be honest I just come out as the lucky one on the battlefield.

However the cost is still very high. 2 Panzers lost (one unrecoverable lost, ammo cook off, all hands lost. One lost gun and 3 crewmembers), 1 Panzer heavily damaged. 

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

I don't see that. I see 75 but not 75/18.

I'd guess that's the one, it has the correct Horstmann Suspension:

Sem_Da_75-18_Sicilia_aug_43.jpg

I really couldn't suggest anything better than @Suchy already has.

Absolutely fascinated to see what you come up with.....I feel another install coming on.  ;)

BTW - I'm still playing with your Italian Partisans.  @Freyberg has kindly given me permission to take advantage of his map portfolio.

@kohlenklau

Wonderful! You are Einstein of CM Blender modding!!!

I think it will be very simple to develop bitmaps for this hybrid model. The chassis and hull from Semovente and the turret from Humber. I am already obliging myself to prepare a Finnish mod!

By the way, I have a proposal for a simple but important enhancement of CMSF2 and the Afghan mod for this game. Well, the Afghan army (which no longer exists) got a lot of M1117 Guardian Armored Security Vehicle from the Americans. This vehicle does not exist in CMSF2. But there is a BRDM, very similar in terms of armament, off-road properties, etc. In turn, in CMBS there is the M1200 Armored Knight, which has the same hull as the M1117 but a different turret. In contrast, the turret you need is in CMSF2 in the AAV-7A1 amphibious vehicle. I think combining the M1200 hull from CMBS with the AAV-7A1 turret from CMSF2 in Blender will not be difficult. Subsequent conversion of 3d BRDM model to such hybrid is already trivial. And it will be an excellent enhancement of the game. The vehicle thus obtained can also be used in CMBS instead of Ukrainian BRDMs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghan_National_Army#/media/File:130513-M-RO295-205.jpg

Edited by Suchy