Barbarossa Scenarios Released

kohlenklau

We got some nearly authentic Gucci purses, Louis Viton handbags and fish fur coats, ALL at rock bottom prices coming soon in the Kohlenklau discount Barbarossa Mini Mall...

Damn guys, it all started at age 5 when that broken branch was my machine gun...awesomely awesome if it had a smaller broken branch off the longer branch which then was the pistol grip. Raise your hand if you have held a tree branch toy gun!

ok, I am TRYING to eliminate panzerfausts from my Barbarossa scenarios for obvious historic reasons. I will now go to extreme measures to dial down the ammo level on what I call PPU's. "Panzerfaust Possible Units".

As part of this effort, I think I must place an ammo crate or 2 on map so the ammo levels can be acquired for 9mm and 7.92mm. It stinks that grenades can't be in the supply crates, right?

The various HQ's seem to always be PPU's. Squads in platoons are also PPU's.

LMG teams, Breach Teams, Sniper teams and Scout teams do not seem to be PPU's? I gotta confirm that. I will run some new tests. CONFIRMED! For Waffen-SS in my test.

I put my 3.7cm Paks on "limited" ammo level and this keeps the HEAT rounds out of their stock.

I have to put the infantry squads and HQ's on severe.

Edited by kohlenklau

Aftermath:  The AT gun managed to fire 7 HE shells into the rear of the T-26.  During this time, the turret was rotating and trying to get a bead on the snipers hiding in the crater.  They were not pleased.  I had the nearby scout team approach from the rear, as they had more grenades, but the 7th HE shell convinded the Soviet commander to bail out, and the scouts dealt with him summarily.  The T-26 tanks do not go down easily to the 3,7 cm guns.  It takes many hits, especially if the guns have run out of AT shells.

Phil, I see that Münchbach, formerly the second to the breach team led by Kuntz, has now been promoted to having his own breach team.  Nice.  I take it this was a "reward" for his stellar performance in V2?  :P 

1393727475_CMRedThunder2022-02-0511-06-51-72.thumb.jpg.6580b4d74d26e009c3d5a0cf05e37c38.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

good modelling, thanks!!!

I downloaded the mod files and played the scen.Mann Gegen Panzer V4. It's really nice. In the meanwhile, i wonder what resource of the soviet infantry and tank tactics you refered to design this scene. Because the behaviour of soviet infantry and tanks seemed to me a bit strange sometime. Like the light tank, one time when i played, it went straightly towards my infantry and got to the position just near the hole where my infantry was in. i thought in the real world situation, the tank would be more cautious. Or really would the soviet tank do such act in the history. Another thing is that a medium tank(i see the information showed F-34,but actually was T-34?), still it got into the position near a foxhole in which my infantryman is. But this time my infantry had no demo charge. I had expected no damage to the tank. But then what astonished me is that the crews in the tank dismounted the tank and are killed by MP40 of my infantryman.

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2023 at 1:29 AM, kamikazebunny said:

In the meanwhile, i wonder what resource of the soviet infantry and tank tactics you refered to design this scene

I guess the answer is no book at all. Just trying to have fun. The AI script is a pain in the butt sometimes. I just pumped out a simple AI plan of move here, then move here, stop here, turn here. 

But then again, maybe the tank crew were vodka soaked conscripts who couldn't properly shift gears?

On 1/24/2023 at 1:29 AM, kamikazebunny said:

But then what astonished me is that the crews in the tank dismounted the tank

They were trying to surrender and donate the tank to Germany's cause? :D

PLAY VS HUMAN FOR BEST RESULTS

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...