Barbarossa Scenarios Released

kohlenklau

50 minutes ago, Suchy said:

Wonderful! You are Einstein of CM Blender modding!!!

I do appreciate the encouragement but it is just the recon to make a quick look! I am just an amateur with half a brain and to fumble the ball is a great possibility with me on the field...So, don't open the champagne yet

If somebody whips up a quick Soviet looking green texture for the Humber turret and Semovente hull, we can make it look sweet today even in these tests...

What you see above is the hull mounted Semovente gun mdr having priority over the turret gun for the gunfire animation. In Blender I added the apple to the orange and should have done the opposite to add the orange to the apple. I have some chores to run but will return later and try it again in Blender.

Edited by kohlenklau

1 hour ago, Glubokii Boy said:

.Having a T26 that is not able to use its turret might be somewhat problematic....

I am not done yet. Hold on. Be patient. 

Maybe to show it has hurdles to overcome is NOT a good thing?

EDIT: the wife goes tomorrow all day to visit her Mom age 91. So I can crank some Blender work tomorrow. I am thinking now when I shopped for stuff, I must first combine from the Semovente chassis to the T-70  and THEN from the Humber turret to the T-70. A leapfrog method to have new suspension with tracks and the new turret. If I go to a wheeled vehicle there is a high probability that we will see the front drive sprockets turn like a wheeled vehicle. 

Edited by kohlenklau

14 minutes ago, Artkin said:

is it possible to make parts invisible? Like the front piece of the hull that's sticking up?

yes but it depends. there are eyeball symbols in Blender to make stuff not visible during the 3d modelling... THEN in the CM game, any bmp can have all or part be alpha channeled so it is transparent. In Blender I have to tread carefully on eliminating some 3D faces as it might crush the uv mapping where the image is finally seen using the bmp's we all know and love.

I am just a hacker. I have 2 golf clubs: 1 I got from the putt-putt course and a bent one I found in a dumpster outside the country club.

37 minutes ago, Glubokii Boy said:

Very intresting work being done here...as usual...Carry on ! 😎

alrighty!

So, some terms I coined for these mdr shenanigans. "Host mdr" is on the inside and is what the game engine knows and uses for outcomes and performance. For this T-26 mod I have no choice (I think) but to use the T-70 as the host. The Blender modded T-26 is my "Shell mdr" and is on the outside, it is what you will see visually in the game. The apples to apples is good. A game physics T-70 vs a T-26 hackjob visual. gun is good. 45mm for each. Check. speed is probably good enough equal. Check. crew is 2 versus 3 or whatever but oh well. Checkity check check. Armor? No idea. This is all we can do and accept it or not download the mod once I release it. As a bare minimum, we can always get a KO'd wreck! Or maybe even an immobilized vehicle for certain scenarios, out of fuel or hit a small mine and lost a track... The immobilized vehicle option also works well when you can't match the same speed between host and shell. Like if I EVER did a KV-1. If I ever could get something to use as a shell mdr over some host mdr but it might move too fast versus a slow KV-1 so I would immobilize it? Just thinking out loud.

Edited by kohlenklau

I solved the turret gun issue! video is uploading...

still uploading, I am out in the boonies of Texas.

I know we have hatch issues to solve! This thing has so many hatches it is hilarious. I need to move them and rename them so the "best ones" open for the commander. AND.../the commander animation, his position when the hatch is open, I have to decide which one is best. I THINK I want to stay with the normal T-70 animation because it is I think also the same one for the T-34 commander. If I rename something from Humber it hoses over the look of the T-34. everything is usually slightly connected.

The ton of antennae and lights need to be alpha channeled out using the bmp.

Other things to tweak are exhaust locations, fire spots for when the tank is burning. The UI silhouette I must make from scratch. I guess the modtag will be [t26]...

Edited by kohlenklau

15 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Can you rescale something like a turret before using it?

yes, all kinds of antics can be performed for rotating and scaling and moving.

But I will decline any new mdr shenanigans for this project and head towards what I have and just try and make it functional in the game and look semi-decent. 

1 hour ago, Glubokii Boy said:

but those radio antennas...will they be removed ?

yeah, yeah, yeah, first I got to fill out the STAVKA form 10-3 and you know how long those take to get approved!!!

I just have to find where they are on the bmp textures and add a masked alpha channel layer and they disappear usually fine. Deleting them in Blender is also an option but usually I do NOT delete, I micro-miniaturize them which always seems to cause less issues. I scale them to .001

Edited by kohlenklau

To all 6 guys who enjoy my stuff...I will create a new thread in CMRT map & mod area to discuss BARBECUE INSTRUCTIONS (BBQ) = BARBAROSSA QUICK BATTLES

What I mean are quick battles tailor made and modtagged for the Barbarossa mods. I was messing with it today to see what month and year you could set the QB editor to and be offered to purchase the armor formation called "Panzer Platoon [ad hoc]". Looks like it is January through April of 1945. 

56 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I couldn't wait on Moscow and just climbed up there and sawed the top 2 off...couldn't find the third one yet. 

7E0R48J.png

What !!!

"What is this ? Personal initiativ !!! How dare you ? Where is Beria ?"

Apart from that...Very nice work ! Will you be able to produce a BT tank also using simular techics ?

26 minutes ago, Glubokii Boy said:

Will you be able to produce a BT tank also using simular techics ?

I don't know. Maybe look around the CM world like @Suchy did and find the necessary parts and pieces to make a "shell mdr"? What gun did the BT have?  If 45mm, then the "host mdr" could be the T-70 again.

image.jpeg

Edited by kohlenklau