Barbarossa Scenarios Released

kohlenklau

For anyone else who wants to write Barbarossa scenarios, please do! Use anything I have in my z, change it, do whatever you like.

My current approach is to purchase the "adhoc panzer company" and this allows me to get the PzIIIG and then purchase single vehicles PzIIIN which I have Blender modded to be a passable PzIVD. Please squint a lot when viewing the mods! I now think I will also purchase the PzIIL. I have a dream/goal/idea to Blender mod that with the wheels of the Marder and make it look more like the earlier PzIIF. 

@t34577685 has kindly put many hours into improving my initial work on the Soviet early war uniforms. Thank you Wang!

What you can see is:

Soviet M36 helmet (first modded by @JM Stuff) which has a weird air vent on top and flared sides.

Soviet M35 uniforms. These had normal collars not the usual you know from CMRT, mandarin style collar. The shoulderboards are gone and we have badges on the collar flaps. We modded the M43 and also the new F&R bedroll version (I guess the best we could with no access to Blender the uniform mds 3D file). Wang also added variety with some collar badges being the bright colors and some the subdued colors. He used his knowledge of Soviet medals to make a good representation of medals for 1941. Not too many, etc. @mjkerner had earlier added 2 chest pockets using his skills in Corel. Thanks Mark! Enjoy your CM break, see you in 2023. 🙂

I added bayonets to the Mosins. It needs some rework as it disappears from one side when viewing! WTF?

We just play a trick and the PPsh43 is modded to be a PPSh41 in the game and UI panel. The UI displayed text will ALWAYS stay as the game sees it. PPsh43. No known solution for that AFAIK.

We have early war puttees AND jackboots combo pack. 

I modded the Soviet sidecap of Platoon HQ and Company HQ to be the normal M40 style helmet. So we have good helmet variety.

Toys & Hobbies ICM 1/35 35551 WWII Soviet Red Army Medical Personnel 4  Figures 1943-1945 mksdabrowka.pl

Edited by kohlenklau

CMRT Barbarossa Axis Uniforms:

I have scraped together a set of SS smock uniforms and helmets (with camo covers and not covered) to have Fall 1941 scenarios. See it in BARB Mann Gegen Panzer

I have not YET done that for summer 1941 ss infantry battles. 

I have not YET scraped together a good heer infantry uniform set. 

We do have my earlier CMRT Romanian mod that can be used in this 1941 timeframe for minor nations. Coming someday is Hungarians and Italians.

If anybody wants to jump on axis heer infantry uniforms for 1941...please volunteer. I guess it is all tunics with jackboots, no helmet covers?

Download link at the bottom!

Give this a try as axis vs allied AI.

BARB Mann Gegen Panzer 

Fall 1941 vs Soviets in a M35 uniform mod and an M36 helmet mod. BARB for Barbarossa! so easier to see in scenario list.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

^
The Eastern Front, Fall 1941. 
^
You have just your Waffen-SS platoon, much dwindled in size since the offensive started earlier in June. Hauptsturmfuhrer Kulner is available with heavy weapons and is monitoring your phone circuit. He will arrive in 10 or 15 minutes. Hang on!
^
The luftwaffe reported that a small tank force with infantry is headed your way. The enemy will approach from the north with the goal to get to a certain few hexes on the southern edge of the map and exit...
^
Deploy your forces, anti-tank mines and foxholes as you desire to best stop the enemy.
^
You have 30 minutes to complete your mission. Points are given for destroying the Soviet tanks and preventing them from exiting. 

INCOMING MORTARS! Get down...!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A big mod folder to grab! 🤪

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yoptddfhbnym47w/AAC6dl5WOcTGGxN2jm3CuqRAa?dl=0

A tiny Barbarossa panzer combat teaser scenario is now in my goody box! Play only as axis vs allied AI

BARB The Double Zug Hug

^
Near Udachnyy Vystrel, Soviet Union. Summer 1941. An afternoon probe sadly caused by Hauptmann Hartman's zest to achieve the iron cross. Fields as far as the eye can see. Light wind from the east. 
^
You are Leutnant Gluckstreffer and lead the 1st Zug of the 99th Reserve Panzer Company out of Munster. You have four PanzerIIIG's with a PanzerIVD in support. Fuel and ammo are topped off.
^
You can see "Alte Harty's" panzer burning fiercely. Herr Hauptmann is presumed KIA along with the Battalion Adjutant Major Schmerzen and the Regimental Veterinarian, Herr Doktor Wenigmachen, their panzers also seem knocked out. Mein Gott! All this just to gain a decoration and impress the frauleins! What caused the loss of three panzers is a mystery you are ordered to immediately solve. The radio also informs you that the 2nd Zug will arrive in 5 to 10 minutes.
^
The farm building is a likely spot for Red Army stragglers. Wipe out any occupants and destroy the barn. Move forward as you decide.
^
You have 15 minutes to accomplish your mission. Points (...and maybe decorations???) are awarded for destroying enemy units and reaching some hidden touch objectives. PANZERS VORWARTS!!!

Edited by kohlenklau

My Blender modded PzIIIN that looks like a PzIVD if you squint your eyes ***HAD*** the Afrika Korps jerry cans look (very fashionable in Tobruk) but is now rendered transparent in the latest folder. Also I had done a repair of the vehicle mdr so now the gun blast is clearly from the muzzle versus some inaccuracy earlier you might have spotted. DL it again if you still have the issue.

EDIT: Foliage mod is Lucky Strike's. Bloody gorgeous! @Lucky_Strike

MOkgktA.png

Edited by kohlenklau

Phil,

Wow, some crazy stuff.  I played out the Double Zug Hug without the mods.  Didn't know they were available until after the battle.  I will load them shortly.  

The scenario is great!  I chewed a bunch of fingernails and had moments of terror during the battle.  It is very nicely done.  I did "Old Harty" proud though.  Decorations are in order, Ja?

Danke, Phil.  Great work!

Gary

12 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

I added bayonets to the Mosins. It needs some rework as it disappears from one side when viewing! WTF?

Phil, that may be because it needs to be a two-sided object in Blender. Same thing happens with tree leaves which in CM consist of two meshes sandwiched together with normals facing outwards from each mesh. That way when viewed from either side they appear. If tree leaves are made as a single mesh then the backside doesn't appear properly in game, only the front appears. Or am I barking up the wrong proverbial tree here?

1 hour ago, Heinrich505 said:

The scenario is great!  I chewed a bunch of fingernails and had moments of terror during the battle.  It is very nicely done.  I did "Old Harty" proud though.  Decorations are in order, Ja?

Danke, Phil.  Great work!

Philips scenarios have this effect!

9 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

EDIT: Foliage mod is Lucky Strike's. Bloody gorgeous! @Lucky_Strike

Thanks for the mention and you are most welcome.

No squinting necessary to imagine that PZ IV - great work once again.

Hopefully, when I can get my arse back in gear, I will be making something a little more appropriate for Barbarossa.

Edited by Lucky_Strike

2 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Or am I barking up the wrong proverbial tree here?

I don't know, I will go back and try to fix it.                It was a long time ago. I went into Blender and just grabbed some vertices and pretty soon I had a bayonet. I actually lucked out and eye-balled it to the proper length on the first try. That's what she said!!!

Gun commander Sharführer Breuer can only hold his breath, hoping that his gunner, Kurt, is right on target.  He can almost hear the Russian loader slamming a shell into the T-34's breach, and it is pointed right at them.  It is going to be very close.  

Great job Phil!  Love the action and the mods are excellent!

And...TREFFER!!!  The shot was a kill.

70228354_CMRedThunder2021-11-2912-16-17-38.thumb.jpg.f8c405b45c2c3a41fc7432be03ae8e03.jpg

47 minutes ago, Heinrich505 said:

Great job Phil! 

Well Gary, I am not perfect by any means. Your screenshots are really cool but I think using my phone...I see some late war pants have snuck in...? 

So many moving parts. I will go edit the scenario and see if I can find it and fix it. I also need to mod the ss zeltbahns to be proper 1941 type.

I am having a lot of fun making these mods and scenarios. Many more on the way.

PLEASE...ANYBODY ELSE WANT TO MAKE A "BARB" SCENARIO? PM ME IF YOU NEED TIPS OR JUST GO FOR IT.

10 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

PLEASE...ANYBODY ELSE WANT TO MAKE A "BARB" SCENARIO? PM ME IF YOU NEED TIPS OR JUST GO FOR IT.

Doing far, far too many things already, but I will in the future, you can count on it.....In fact, as I said elsewhere, this mod would probably persuade me to make a second CM:RT install, just for early-mid war stuff.  B)

I really like grey panzers.....Especially when I'm smashing them to bits with KVs, but sadly that bit we won't be able to do.  :(

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 11/29/2021 at 5:41 PM, kohlenklau said:

In my goody box.

CMRT FR Barbarossa mod scenario released for download. have fun. play as allies vs axis AI

Please make sure to get the barbarossa mods folder AND a special mod in the folder with the scenario...

BARB SNOS MOSTA (BRIDGE DEMOLITION) 

SiIipOC.png

Awesome !
There is a small problem the bridge jumps despite the fact that the Germans managed to pass.
But the effect is great and opens up a lot of possibilities
Bravo Bravo

houra!  houra !

32 minutes ago, Falaise said:

There is a small problem the bridge jumps despite the fact that the Germans managed to pass.

Yeah, I know. But the best I could do is that the briefing says if the Germans get down there to the end zone, YOU LOSE. The sounds of the detonation is the explosives ripped off and thrown in the water? 

KEEP TRYING! 

Edited by kohlenklau