Barbarossa Scenarios Released

kohlenklau

If nobody noticed, I am trying to have the Barbarossa Mod BARB scenario titles written in German for play as axis scenarios and using Russian for play as allies scenarios...

Now, if you do speak German and/or Russian, please PM me so I can bounce titles off you. Otherwise I just wing it with google translate and maybe a little internet research.

I am also going on record to commit to making 2 small x-mas presents for the community. A Soviet player campaign and an axis player campaign. 3 battles each with new mods. 

BARB PANZERSCHLACHT RADZIECHOW

BARB TRI PASTUKHI

Great work Phil!  It is always appreciated.  Those two campaigns really look cool.  I'll look forward to them when they come out.

I didn't see BARB Kalte Eintopf in the goody box.  Is that still a WIP?  Just curious. 

Having a lot of fun with BARB Mann Gegen Panzer and BARB Snos Mosta.  With the limited troops available, you really have to think carefully about where to deploy and use them to their best advantage.

Gary

48 minutes ago, Heinrich505 said:

Those two campaigns really look cool.

I am designing the Soviet one now. BARB TRI PASTUKHI with Tri Pastukhi Russian for "Three Shepherd Boys"...

Your core force will be a platoon of infantry led by the human player "in the role" of Soviet Lieutenant Timoti Vasilyevsky. Summer 1941. In the 3 small battles of the campaign you meet and serve alongside "The Sniper", "The Sapper" and "The Tanker" to succeed in holding back the fascist reptiles...

fascistreptile_8cf9b3c233.jpg

7 minutes ago, Heinrich505 said:

Excellent!  If your character's HQ section is wiped out, does the campaign end?  :huh:

I think it would HAVE to! That HQ would have a separate unit objectives value like 5000 points and so you suffer a total defeat and the campaign ends as a defeat.

GAME OVER, insert 25 cents to play again

@t34577685 Listen Arthur, I have a plan...

v6vhZzu.png

There is only 1 soldier greatcoat and 2 nco versions and maybe 2 for each of the 3 officer slots (j,m and s).

I modded the soldier one. I can use it to mod the others but need to study the ranks for greatcoats...

The BARB KALTE EINTOPF scenario is waiting on this greatcoat mod...but another cool mod has been integrated in the scenario. shhhh, a secret easter egg.

Here is my OLDDDDDDD greatcoat mod from late 2015 when I had my heart attack and did CMRT Winter Mod. I did not know then that the shoulder boards were not on 1941 greatcoats. Live and learn....

uTPOTA3.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

TBH my modelling has been very much neglected since I got back into CM.....I need to clear a proper space and install a couple of work stations with proper lighting and an air-brush booth with better extraction than my current setup.

PS - There's more than one kit in about 1/3 of the boxes, almost all the Dragon boxes contain between 2 & 3 kits. 

PPS - Note also all the work-boxes with various stalled projects (not sure if you can see it, but the top left is the Bike from Akira scratchbuilt in 1/72), I'm just the same with modelling as I am with scenario design.....Too many projects, mostly hung up while I 'problem-solve' (normally problems of my own creation or imagination).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

21 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Too many projects, mostly hung up while I 'problem-solve' (normally problems of my own creation or imagination).

That is why I can offer "the scenario factory" approach to assist you. If you desire, pass the scenario to me and I work on some part with your "specs" guiding me. But only for small and tiny scenarios please. I cannot take on medium or bigger. 

Most of my projects are for the modern games.....I've only got two WWII projects on the go, 'Merry Xmas Fritz!' with Soviet Partisans & the Italian Partisan experimental scenario. 

I spent most of last night testing the former to see just how good the Partisans actually are at sneaking.....I'm trying to make the scenario at least somewhat reactive using triggers, but I don't want the triggers to be unreasonably arbritrary, so I spent ages watching pixelpartisans crawling & sneaking as far into the map as they could along the most likely avenues of approach and then revising my trigger zones to match:

I3ZI3A1.jpg

I was so impressed by how well they did that I made some semi-official enquiries as whether they get some sort of bonus.....Apparently not, but damn they can be sneaky (& irritatingly a bit myopic at the same time).  ;)

PS - There are probably forty plus Partisans in that image.....Can you see them?  :ph34r:

PPS - If you want a copy of the map to experiment with I'd be happy to send it, I'm quite pleased with the look of it and I've engineered some challenges into it.....It's available in 1943 Mode (Mostly Pristine), or 1944 Mode (Bomber Command Was Here!).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Great work Koh!

Your mod series is getting complex.  It's becoming important to create several new folders like KOH's WARSAW and KOH's BARBAROSSA etc.  I put all those in a DESIRED MODS folder or KOH's MODS folder and then add or subtract ZZZ's in front of the desired folder name to ensure the desired mods are loaded and not the unwanted ones.  It does slow down the loading of the game however.

All the scenarios etc of course can go in the regular Scenarios folder as obviously they do not interfere with each other.

Edited by Erwin

15 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Your mod series is getting complex.

Yeah, I have an idea that just before Christmas when I upload the 2 new CMRT BARB campaigns, I will make sure all BARB mods are organized, eliminate any duplicates and such as that and generally make the folders as orderly as possible. I do not know if it is COVID related, but the young lady with high heels, stockings and a skirt has NOT showed up for duty...