Barbarossa Scenarios Released

kohlenklau

This is a T-26 Model 1933 built in the Goodenoughsokov tank factory.

7E0R48J.png

The height of the T-26 Model 1933 was 7'4" and the Humber was 7'10" but I did lower the turret a wee bit to close some modelling gaps so I really think we are close enough for my concerns.

Scalehobbyist.com: Soviet T-26 Light Infantry Tank Mod.1933 by HobbyBoss  Models

HobbyBoss 1/35 T-26 Mod. 1933, by Scott Lyle

lylet26e.jpg

Edited by kohlenklau

4 minutes ago, Glubokii Boy said:

I guess that this will be hoping for to much...But are you guys able to do anything about the armour values of these 'modified' tanks ?

Nothing they can do.....The weapons, armour etc. of these vehicles will be whatever those of the underlying vehicle are, in this case a T-70 I believe.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

12 minutes ago, Glubokii Boy said:

guess that this will be hoping for to much...But are you guys able to do anything about the armour values of these 'modified' tanks ?

AFAIK, and it makes sense, the attributes and coded specs of the "host mdr" is what the game ALWAYS sees and uses for everything for physics of results in game play.

There are some accidental variance in certain display actions as we saw when the T-26 seemed to NOT fire from the turret.

48 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Nothing they can do.....The weapons, armour etc. of these vehicles will be whatever those of the underlying vehicle are, in this case a T-70 I believe.

Yepp...that has been my understanding also....Was hoping for some kind of a workaround but i guess not.

These modded early tanks might become somewhat more difficult to knock out compared to RL...But i guess that using anything heavier then a 37mm it might not matter all that much...

But 20mm and 37mm might be struggeling...(unless the '44, '45 ammo will be more potent ? 😎)

Using the works of several authors, especially @kohlenklau and my own modifications I am preparing my vision of Barbarossa. There are excellent equivalents of the Panzer III and IV, but no early StuG. @kohlenklau has proposed 2 versions of this vehicle:
- the same armed as the original but hopelessly poorly armoured on a carrier base
- as armoured as the original, but armed with a long-barrelled 75mm cannon with completely different ballistics and much too good anti-tank parameters, based on the StuG G.
I think a good equivalent of the early StuG would be... StuH! The ballistic characteristics of the 105mm howitzer are very similar to the short-barreled 75mm cannon, which really was also a howitzer. The StuH has only 2 anti-tank cumulative shells but the power of the demolition shell is enough to destroy the T34 with a bit of luck - exactly like the early short StuG equipped with more anti-tank shells. The effect of the 105mm shell on infantry and buildings is about 2 times more powerful than the 75mm but the 75mm cannon is about 2 times more rapid firing which somehow compensates.
I did a simple test of 10 T34 vs 10 StuH at 500m. Result 4 T34s destroyed at a loss of 1 StuH. I think the original early StuG with a short barreled 75mm cannon and dedicated anti-tank shells and good armour with good shape would have achieved a similar result. Using a carrier, this is completely impossible because the carriers will be destroyed outright. On the other hand, when using the long-barrelled StuG as a replacement, the T34s are practically completely annihilated, which is unrealistic when using the short-barrelled StuG. This means that ... StuH is perfect 🙂

I impatiently and with great hope await the official release of a @kohlenklau hybrid simulating the T26!
I think so, combining the IS1 hull with the T34/76 early turret would give a KV1-like vehicle. The IS1 could also remain as a host. The 85mm cannon is better than the 76.2mm but the vehicles on the German side are also slightly better armoured than their 1941 counterparts.

Even better would be the turret of the Staghound armoured car! The shape resembles the KV turret really well! It would only need to be slightly enlarged in all directions and a longer barrel with a larger diameter added.

It is very difficult to find organ donors for the BT7. The closest shape to the chassis is the Crusader AA from CMBN and the turret from the last Stuart version. Unfortunately the chassis has 5 wheels and the BT7 had 4. You can get by with that or try to remove one wheel.

1 hour ago, Suchy said:

- the same armed as the original but hopelessly poorly armoured on a carrier base
- as armoured as the original, but armed with a long-barrelled 75mm cannon with completely different ballistics and much too good anti-tank parameters, based on the StuG G.
I think a good equivalent of the early StuG would be... StuH!

Hey Tommy. Excellent! Thank you for getting involved and adding your Super Polski power.

It is actually not a problem to have all 3 as OPTIONS with different modtags for the use by the scenario writer. A certain scenario might come across better for using the actual short 75 with HE rounds. The German infantry approaching a village and need help. No armor threat exists. Maybe anti-tank rifles. Maybe an anti-tank gun. But if the scenario writer wants to dial up to the Stug he can. And now a 3rd option. It is all in the hands of the scenario writer to choose.

ok, I had some issues with the T-26 and must go back into Blender and fix a few things. 

BUT I do have the T-26 debut scenario in the instapot and it should be done by Monday or Tuesday.

based off an old ASL scenario in their Ost Front Pack 3....(though I just saw that the ASL scenario writer spelled Kobryn as Korbyn).

BARB BARBAROSSA NACHMITTAG (Barbarossa Afternoon)

play as axis vs allied AI, meeting engagement, map is 2km x 2km, scenario size small/medium.

west of Kobryn, Russia, 1941-06-21, 1530

"Operation Barbarossa opened at 0315, and by mid-afternoon, the XXIV Army Corps (Motorized) Panzergruppe 2 of Generaloberst Heinz Guderian, had worked their way around the fortress of Brest-Litovsk, and into open country west of Kobryn. Unaware of what was truly unfolding at the front, General Colonel Pavlov, commander of the Soviet Western Front, issued orders for a general counterattack. As the German 3rd Panzer Division sped past the retreating units of the Soviet 3rd and 4th Armies, it ran headlong into advancing elements of the Soviet 22nd Tank Division with over 350 light tanks, sent to block the German advance."

Edited by kohlenklau

On 1/10/2022 at 2:56 PM, kohlenklau said:

For everybody who considers that they might be one of the "Club of Six", I have some great news. A buddy of mine has harnessed the company he works for, (he manages their Scranton, Pennsylvania branch) to be a corporate sponsor for me to set up some "tracked damage/umpire involved campaigns" we all can play here with the Barb Mod for the rest of the winter. Round of applause for his awesome company! Anybody interested?

Rb8Pwh1.png

@Blazing 88's @Suchy @Falaise @Vacilllator @Commanderski @Heinrich505

Who exactly are the Club of Six? 😄

The above quoted post of mine was a tongue in cheek post but did have a true offer underneath the Dunder-Mifflin joke! But nobody contacted me or commented so I guess there is not much interest to form 2 teams of 1 or more players each and conduct a small PBEM series as a "tracked damage/umpire involved campaign" aka CMPzC using BARB mods. Of course I am the umpire and organizer to maintain fog of war and have random events and narrate the event. It is to me some work but can be pretty cool if we do it right. It takes a while to do! I think we have several threads! An axis team thread and allies agree NOT TO READ it until AFTER the event is fully complete. An allies team thread and axis agree NOT TO READ it until AFTER the event is fully complete. If you sign-up and are approved to join one of the teams, you agree to play your PBEMs with the mods and make some posts with a few photos to describe the battle. Maintain honor system the best you can. All for fun. 

Edited by kohlenklau