Barbarossa Scenarios Released

kohlenklau

1 hour ago, Falaise said:

I have never played against a human player

Don't be troubled by that Steph, it's fun.  I've even played several games against the superhuman that is @kohlenklau.  And always in his own scenarios, what could possibly go wrong 🤣?  Happily they have been more of a play-test situation so I was lucky.

Phil, I don't totally understand your game plan but put me down for it my friend if you have a space, which it seems you do 😉.  As you know, I like lots of tanks, happy to play either side.  Having said that, again as you know I'm normally an Axis fanboi (who would have guessed).

3 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Phil, I don't totally understand your game plan but put me down for it

I haven't done it in about 6 years I think. We use another game John Tiller Panzer Campaigns to create an operational scenario with hexes of 1km and turns there are 2 hours. Then we use CMRT as the method to do the battle resolution. 

I have John Tiller's Panzer Campaign "Smolensk 41" which I will use to make a small custom operational scenario dealing with the defense of the bridge over the Vop River at Yartsevo. This will all try to start in March 2022. A fun little thing to have a nice operational level feel to the PBEMs.

So far for teams we have:

Axis: @Vacilllator

Aliies: Nobody! WTF? 

It is no big deal. Maybe I am out of touch and nobody wants to be a part of this. That is cool. Maybe they WOULD like it if it was a standalone system at their house in their own PC to enjoy but NOT with other people.  FGM website does lots of similar PBEM linked events with operational layer displayed by an umpire. They do NOT have my Barbarossa mods. Well, I guess they could but I haven't heard any interest.

Am sure many of us want to play, but we're also playing other games and I certainly am stretched right now.  The large scenarios and campaigns that are available now (eg Rollbahn D and First Into Antwerp) can take months to play thru with RL issues having to be handled at the same time.  Don't get discouraged. But, it's part of the fragmentation of players now we have so many titles.

On 1/29/2022 at 9:52 PM, Vacilllator said:

Don't be troubled by that Steph, it's fun.  I've even played several games against the superhuman that is @kohlenklau.  And always in his own scenarios, what could possibly go wrong 🤣?  Happily they have been more of a play-test situation so I was lucky.

Apart from my boys in a revolving chair, I've never tried it but for some time it made me want !!

I prefer allies...
I'm excited like a "pucelle"
Humm i better beware with all the english people on this forum, and their  immoderate taste for burning them in public place 🙄:P

Wow, that was a crazy scenario, Phil.  Definitely had my heart racing.  Those light Soviet tanks can fly!!!  It was all I could do to keep track of them and try to get them in my sights. 

We got "door knockers" here, freaking door knockers!  :unsure:  And where is the ammo replacement?  Who sent Hans back for more ammo?  He couldn't find his butt with both hands, and he's expected to bring up 3,7 cm ammo?   Great call, Grossenkeister.  Who the hell made him Obersturmführer?  Oh, wait, it was his uncle that pulled strings.  Wunderbar...

And did anyone tell Hans to get more freaking grenades?  Since we had to pool all our grenades so that the breach team that Kuntz got stuck leading would have grenade bundles, none of the rest of us have any chance of knocking out the flyers that crash through our line.  Great planning by our "leaders."  Sheesh, Day 2 on the Russian Front and we got this?  Hoo Boy, so much to look forward to...  :P

Great job on this.  A barn burner for sure.  The ersatz T-26 tanks look very convincing.  Kudos to the design team.

I am not looking forward to KV-1s...unless you can mock up a prime mover to pull an 8,8 cm Flak gun into the fray.  

I think you are capturing the feel and uncertainty of the Barbarossa early days, which is exactly what you've set out to do.  Very cool job.  This battle had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.  

I added a 2nd AI plan to BARB PANZER ANKLOPF

Designer's Notes:

Kohlenklau 01 February 2022

This scenario using some of the Barbraossa Mods is just a discount project. Remember, it does not cost you a thing in time or money. But I hope you find some enjoyment.

Thanks to @benpark for help with the modding of the Pak36 3.7cm ATG "tank door knocker" 

This scenario also debuts the Blender T-26 mod which @Suchy gave the idea for using the parts of 2 existing CM vehicles. Thank you Tommy

I hope it plays out smoothly and looks ok!

Thank you,
Phil

@kohlenklau

I have uploaded to our Tommy and Phil dropbox the T26 textures in a version that imitates the BF originals. Later I will prepare a version a'la dirty Aristoteles and Finnish and Polish version.
That KV-1 looks really impressive. Just thicken the barrel and standardize the painting. Wonderful! If removing the fuel tanks from the IS hull is difficult, I wouldn't worry about it. It looks great anyway!

I have ideas for getting other vehicles and equipment relatively easy 🙂

Phil and Suchy,

I didn't see anything in the goody box for the T-26 textures that Suchy mentioned.  Did I miss seeing them?

Also, Phil, is your BARB PANZER ANKLOPF a new version that requires the previous one to be deleted?  Usually I see something like V.1 added to a new version.  I didn't see that so I figured I should ask.

You both are putting out some amazing things.  

Gary