Pre-orders for Combat Mission Cold War are now open.

BFCElvis

I now understand, almost.  In the announcement of CW, it was stated that we already have all the files needed, and no download is required. What wizardry is this?  All of the content already in hand!  So all we need is a key.

Why not release that and do an upgrade to the Slitherine version later?

13 minutes ago, r6751 said:

I now understand, almost.  In the announcement of CW, it was stated that we already have all the files needed, and no download is required. What wizardry is this?  All of the content already in hand!  So all we need is a key.

Why not release that and do an upgrade to the Slitherine version later?

That must have been a joke.  We can't already have the files, not least as the game is still being worked on.  Indeed it will continue to be worked on (for Slitherine's multiplayer) after we get access to our betas.

Imagine if you're a new player and your first purchase is CMCW.  So far you have downloaded nothing.  How would you have any such files?

Yes, it was a mistake-not a joke.  I was reading the text for the Rubble item. It said no download.

Anyway, (listening Battlefront?), I won't be paying $35 for Rubble. I'm sure it contains more than that, but the promo would not attract.  Good luck with that one.

There is no download for this product! As long as you have an up-to-date installation you already have 100% of the files you need. Check the Base Game's page to see if you're up to date. Your are allowed to have two activations at one time for one or both operating systems.

Above is the text for the Fire and Rubble addon coming for Red Thunder. This is what I read, mistaking it for CW context. I still think it is wizardry.  They will include scenarios, campaigns, new units, but no download !!!

33 minutes ago, r6751 said:

There is no download for this product! As long as you have an up-to-date installation you already have 100% of the files you need. Check the Base Game's page to see if you're up to date. Your are allowed to have two activations at one time for one or both operating systems.

Above is the text for the Fire and Rubble addon coming for Red Thunder. This is what I read, mistaking it for CW context. I still think it is wizardry.  They will include scenarios, campaigns, new units, but no download !!!

They key here is "up-to-date" installation. As soon as they release Fire & Rubble your installation will no longer be up to date. But anyone who buy the base game after the release of Fire & Rubble will have "up-to-date" installation and just need to active the Fire & Rubble module if they buy it

That's how I understand it. Sounds a bit funny though :)

Edited by ratdeath

31 minutes ago, Badger73 said:

Per Slitherine's most recent Tea Time webcast

7hjwCl0.jpg

I thought Steve said in an earlier post on this threat that CMCW is releasing on the BFC website this month and on Slitherine once the multiplayer stuff is done.

If this isn't the case and CMCW has been delayed till June, I think it is only fair that the devs announce it so we don't sit here sweating like a Practitioner of the Oldest Profession in church (gotta keep it classy). No disrespect to the devs, of course.

Just now, Von Richthofen said:

I thought Steve said in an earlier post on this threat that CMCW is releasing on the BFC website this month and on Slitherine once the multiplayer stuff is done.

If this isn't the case and CMCW has been delayed till June, I think it is only fair that the devs announce it so we don't sit here sweating like a Practitioner of the Oldest Profession in church (gotta keep it classy). No disrespect to the devs, of course.

*Thread. my bad😂

19 minutes ago, John N said:

That is the  schedule for Slitherine's release date on steam.  It was stated earlier that battlefronts release date is still scheduled for sometime in April.

Not anymore, I think. Something to do with multiplayer. Might be wrong about that though.

3 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Not anymore, I think. Something to do with multiplayer. Might be wrong about that though.

I thought Steve said the BFC website would release CW on their website this month. The Slitherine release was pushed back to June specifically because of multiplayer. I think some input from BFC on this would help clear it up though.

1 minute ago, Von Richthofen said:

I thought Steve said the BFC website would release CW on their website this month. The Slitherine release was pushed back to June specifically because of multiplayer. I think some input from BFC on this would help clear it up though.

Okay, my bad probably. Sorry about that.

52 minutes ago, Von Richthofen said:

Yes, but it'll be a beta - not the finished version with multiplayer which is delayed 'til June.  The suggestion is that BFC customers will do a sizeable part of the multiplayer beta testing, i.e. we should report any bugs we find.

To be as clear as possible:

Cold War will release through Battlefront (BFC) in April as a completed game. All features, assets, and normal playability and functions will be present. This includes the PBEM/multiplayer functionality as it is with every other CM game. 

In June, Slitherine will release Cold War on Steam. That release will come with a new mulitplayer feature, the Slitherine PBEM system.

Between April and June, the Slitherine PBEM feature will be developed by Slitherine and added to Cold War. Players who own the game from BFC will have the opportunity to try out the new PBEM features and report back on any bugs they encounter.

On 4/8/2021 at 8:46 AM, BFCElvis said:

The first batch of orders did not include their license keys. Those people had to receive theirs manually......by me......one.......at.......a........time. Those are the emails that went out yesterday. The release is still set for April.....but it won't be April 8th.

Bragging rights........If you received an email yesterday you were among the first 41 orders! The Fightin 41!!

All pre-orders will receive a download link in an email when the game is finished (that is mostly automated, thank goodness).

BFCElvis,

Hi! Posted this question earlier here but never got an answer, for the Slitherine version discussion took over! Is it still possible to pre-order CMCW, or has that ship already sailed? Had to wait to get the money, and though I'm still in no shape to play CM (sigh), I wanted to get the game with the physical manual and all that because I have faith I will be able to play again at some point, the Cold War Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact threats were what I analyzed for a living at Hughes and Rockwell, and I wanted to support BFC. Please let me know. Thanks!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

1 minute ago, John Kettler said:

BFCElvis,

Hi! Posted this question earlier here but never got an answer, for the Slitherine version discussion took over! Is it still possible to pre-order CMCW, or has that ship already sailed? Had to wait to get the money, and though I'm still in no shape to play CM (sigh), I wanted to get the game with the physical manual and all that because I have faith I will be able to play, the Cold War Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact threats were what I analyzed for a living at Hughes and Rockwell, and I wanted to support BFC. Please let me know. Thanks!

Regards,

John Kettler

Yes, pre-orders are still open. The physical manual is the Game Engine 4 manual and not specific to Cold War. So, if you already have the 4.0 Manual then you probably don't want another. 

4 hours ago, Jabble said:

Yes, but it'll be a beta - not the finished version with multiplayer which is delayed 'til June.  The suggestion is that BFC customers will do a sizeable part of the multiplayer beta testing, i.e. we should report any bugs we find.

Kinda. Any patches (or whatever we'll call) that come along between the April release and June will be optional. If someone doesn't want to participate in adding the new system to their Cold War game all they have to do is not download and install any of the patches/builds that come out during the development. As CptMiller says, when it is released it will have the same features as every other Combat Mission game. So it's not really a beta version. It will be early access to the new system for those who want it.

10 hours ago, waffelmann said:

I think the release of F&R is accompanied of the release of a patch.

So you download the patch or the (new) fullversion which include F&R, but no extra-specfic software for the module...

So I understand the process...

You understand process perfectly.