Pre-orders for Combat Mission Cold War are now open.

BFCElvis

Just now, alexg6464 said:

Should I stop holding my breath for a release leading up to this weekend? I'm too excited! 😄

Part of my brain says "RELEASE THE DAMN GAME", the other half is telling me to give the developers time to polish up the content.

Don't feel too light headed because I have been holding my breath and twidling my thumbs and banging my head against my computer since seems like forever.   I'm with you bring it on please for the love of pete.

I'm just curious on some inside baseball kinda way.  How do you guys complete your work on games?   Does the boss make the command decision.  "like good to go ready to launch".   Is there some kinda tipping point where we guys or gals seem to have done everything you see or think of.   When is good enough...Good enough for "all systems are go" As Mr. Tracey would say.  Just spit balling here.  "ThunderBirds are go".  I think it should be.

Edited by markus544

1 hour ago, markus544 said:

Don't feel too light headed because I have been holding my breath and twidling my thumbs and banging my head against my computer since seems like forever.   I'm with you bring it on please for the love of pete.

@markus544, call me crazy, but something tells me that patience is not your strong suit. 😄

2 hours ago, alexg6464 said:

Should I stop holding my breath for a release leading up to this weekend? I'm too excited! 😄

Part of my brain says "RELEASE THE DAMN GAME", the other half is telling me to give the developers time to polish up the content.

Polish is usually not appreciated until you've played a game that is unpolished :D

Definitely not this weekend.  We are really darn'd close to having all the bits and bobs together for release, but there's a few little things outstanding and we also need a bit of time to make sure nothing significant is missing.  We're still aiming to be out in April, but we also aim not to put out something that isn't ready.

2 hours ago, markus544 said:

I'm just curious on some inside baseball kinda way.  How do you guys complete your work on games?   Does the boss make the command decision.  "like good to go ready to launch".   Is there some kinda tipping point where we guys or gals seem to have done everything you see or think of.   When is good enough...Good enough for "all systems are go" As Mr. Tracey would say.  Just spit balling here.  "ThunderBirds are go".  I think it should be.

We do actually say "ThunderBrids are go" sometimes.  I kid you not ;)

The decision about to release is a team thing.  A couple of us have more pull than others, but we strive for release only when everybody is in agreement.

Steve

9 minutes ago, LastLeigh said:

I may have missed it in the long chain, but what exactly does the new PBEM stuff entail?

We don't know what this is going to look like for CM.

The way it works for other Matrix games is that the PBEM files are hosted on Matrix servers, and you can set up open challenges (or closed challenges with a password), and therefore have pick-up PBEM games.

CM has issues as a competitive multiplayer game (without some house rules and playing with sensible people), so this will have all of the inevitable issues, but the end result is something really exciting. Veterans may still prefer doing this the CMHelper way, with people they know, but this *will* increase the number of multiplayer games being played, which can only be a good thing.

2 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Polish is usually not appreciated until you've played a game that is unpolished :D

Definitely not this weekend.  We are really darn'd close to having all the bits and bobs together for release, but there's a few little things outstanding and we also need a bit of time to make sure nothing significant is missing.  We're still aiming to be out in April, but we also aim not to put out something that isn't ready.

We do actually say "ThunderBrids are go" sometimes.  I kid you not ;)

The decision about to release is a team thing.  A couple of us have more pull than others, but we strive for release only when everybody is in agreement.

Steve

Thanks for that Steve I really do like hearing about what it takes to do your thing for all of us.  My heart felt thanks to everyone involved to make this for us because I love it so much.  God speed. 

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Those Cold War fans are SO spoiled...🧐

No patience is not my strong side.  In my meager defense I have been retired for about 10 years now...I don't golf and I don't surf....I do walk my three dogs and love my disabled wife of 29 years.   Just saying

5 hours ago, markus544 said:

No patience is not my strong side.  In my meager defense I have been retired for about 10 years now...I don't golf and I don't surf....I do walk my three dogs and love my disabled wife of 29 years.   Just saying

damn congrats on the 29 years.

Looking at retirement in about 10 weeks and we are celebrating our 16th anniversary next month.

6 hours ago, markus544 said:

Congratulations! I just retired in November. Working on some health issues, but other than that, any recommendations on retirement did and don'ts?

1 hour ago, sburke said:

damn congrats on the 29 years.

Looking at retirement in about 10 weeks and we are celebrating our 16th anniversary next month.

Congrats @sburke!  I hope you enjoy the heck out of it. We need to start a retiree Combat Mission group or something!

4 minutes ago, Probus said:

Congrats @sburke!  I hope you enjoy the heck out of it. We need to start a retiree Combat Mission group or something!

That would be redundant :)  Well, unless you consider us folks who work on making Combat Mission.  But technically speaking, we don't have real jobs.  At least that's what our parents and peers said 30 years ago ("that's not a job, that's a hobby").

Steve

5 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

That would be redundant :)  Well, unless you consider us folks who work on making Combat Mission.  But technically speaking, we don't have real jobs.  At least that's what our parents and peers said 30 years ago ("that's not a job, that's a hobby").

Steve

Lol!!!

21 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

I’d rather live in a world without bacon than a world without Steve and Charles!  But maybe we can work out some sort of compromise with the Universe?

Are you saying we sacrifice bacon so Steve and Charles are immortal? Count me in! We have a small cadet branch of Pastafarians at my work, we worship the Mother Pizza. I will put in a word with her for eternal CM.