Pre-orders for Combat Mission Cold War are now open.

BFCElvis

1 hour ago, IanL said:

Or Whose Turn Is It? To put in a shameless plug for myself :D (See link in my sig)

I did not know that such tool existed. Thanks a lot it is very useful!
PS
I am testing it with my CMBN and CMFI existing games and seems to work very well. It does not recognize my CMSF2 games (Steam install) though.

Edited by badipaddress

1 hour ago, badipaddress said:

I did not know that such tool existed. Thanks a lot it is very useful!
PS
I am testing it with my CMBN and CMFI existing games and seems to work very well. It does not recognize my CMSF2 games (Steam install) though.

Yes it will recognize them. You just have to point it to the right directories. 

Whose Turn is It is what I use. @IanL, do you want to tell'em about some of the improvements you have planned?

35 minutes ago, Probus said:

I can't get the program to see my CMSF2 game. I've correctly setup the game exe and game files directory (D:\Giochi\Steam\steamapps\common\Combat Mission Shock Force 2\Game Files) in the program, but it does not recognize my game. I had no issues with my two "non steam" CMs (CMFI, CMBN). 

10 hours ago, Probus said:

I believe Steam puts the game files directory in a different place than the Battlefront install

As far I could see, the folder that contains .ema files is in my steam folder:

D:\Giochi\Steam\steamapps\common\Combat Mission Shock Force 2\Game Files

Here you have "incoming" / "outcoming", etc. 
If I select this folder "Whose turn is it?" does not see my ongoing games.

On 4/12/2021 at 1:58 PM, Probus said:

Whose Turn is It is what I use. @IanL, do you want to tell'em about some of the improvements you have planned?

Sure, đŸ™‚ The version I am working on includes messaging (that also is compatibility with CM Helper). It should automatically recognize the newer games and get the Steam directories correct without prompting too. There is at least on language translation in the works (likely more) and it integrates with @Ithikial_AU's CM Records spread sheet.

11 hours ago, badipaddress said:

As far I could see, the folder that contains .ema files is in my steam folder:

D:\Giochi\Steam\steamapps\common\Combat Mission Shock Force 2\Game Files

Here you have "incoming" / "outcoming", etc. 
If I select this folder "Whose turn is it?" does not see my ongoing games.

Humm, that is unexpected. If you check the "Override game files directory" and point it to "D:\Giochi\Steam\steamapps\common\Combat Mission Shock Force 2\Game Files" that should work.

PM me if that makes no sense and I'll help you get sorted.

On 4/11/2021 at 4:40 PM, Rice said:

Reminder for everyone to and get their friends to buy CMCW on battlefront.com, BFC gets more of a cut + like stated earlier; day 1 access.

I asked Battlefront if it made any difference to their profit whether it was bought on Steam or direct.  The answer I got was 'buy on whichever platform you prefer'. 

Maybe they were just being diplomatic but unless I hear it from the horses mouth I'll assume what you are saying is an urban myth :)

On 4/8/2021 at 10:03 PM, Battlefront.com said:

The features Slitherine has asked us to put in require lots and lots and lots and lots of testers.  Waaaaay more than we can do with our traditional method of testing.  Fortunately, we know exactly where to find people who want to help out.  A lot of people :D

Da'aw... :wub:

He likes us.

1 hour ago, Majick said:

I'll assume what you are saying is an urban myth :)

When you buy it on Steam, both Steam and Slitherine take a cut before it gets to BFC. When you buy direct from BFC there is no cut taken. It's pretty simple.

4 hours ago, Rice said:

When you buy it on Steam, both Steam and Slitherine take a cut before it gets to BFC. When you buy direct from BFC there is no cut taken. It's pretty simple.

Correct!  That said, we're not going out of our way to advise people where to purchase CM games.  People should buy from whichever sales platform they feel is the best fit.  Obviously we'd prefer us to be the best fit, but no hard feelings if that's not quite right for someone ;)

Steve

I am from Turkey so steam had been god-sent for me. 

Political ups and downs where I live have seriously wrecked TRY against USD, and thankfully steam adjusts the prices geographically. I paid 5 times less than I would for CMSF (no hard feelings please! :P) - Previously I paid a ton of dollars for blacksea which later come out far cheaper on steam. That was a loss on my end :P

Turkey is a huge potential market for the game but people would not consider even looking at the prices with USD tags on it. 

11 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Correct!  That said, we're not going out of our way to advise people where to purchase CM games.  People should buy from whichever sales platform they feel is the best fit.  Obviously we'd prefer us to be the best fit, but no hard feelings if that's not quite right for someone ;)

Steve

I prefer to buy from the source, I'm not sure of the financials involved if any from slitherine issuing a steam key but I will buy from you'll and get my key from slitherine if that remains the purchasing model. Hopefully it puts more money in you'lls pocket.

12 hours ago, Battlefront.com said:

Steve

What is the difference to buy to the  Steam instead BFC, Sitlerine... website ?

Steve, can you not added a "service of wallet" to  your website to pre order like Steam?

4 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Steve, can you not added a "service of wallet" to  your website to pre order like Steam?

I wonder if Crypto currency would even out those giant price swings?

Hi @Dogukan o/ Stay safe there in Turkey. That close to ongoing conflicts must be kinda scary. 

On 4/14/2021 at 2:40 AM, IanL said:

and it integrates with @Ithikial_AU's CM Records spread sheet.

I haven't even contemplated how to update the post-WW2 version for Cold War. I've been too busy with work/RL to think that far ahead. Good news is I'm due about 14 weeks of annual leave at this point so may tackle it later in the year. This will be well after the title is released however so keep records of your AAR screens and battle conditions separately until then.

18 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

¿I don't know how I can formulate my question? ...but I don't have my answer either.

I have a wallet sytem on steam and I want to use it, so my question stay (like above) ...
 Simple question simple answer !

47 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

¿I don't know how I can formulate my question? ...but I don't have my answer either.

I have a wallet sytem on steam and I want to use it, so my question stay (like above) ...
 Simple question simple answer !

There's no problem pre-purchasing a game here - hence the 41 Club for CMCW.

A wallet is useful for a big vendor like Steam with thousands of games, where people buy often and a wallet is more convenient than frequent payments.  However BFC is a niche vendor with comparatively few games, so a wallet is not really needed here.