What's your favorite unit to use? What's your most feared unit to face?

Nothing I like more than using the quad 50's on the halftracks in Final Blitzkrieg. Placing them in ambush behind a house or barn for some shoot and scoot. It's nice to take down whole squad's in one turn. I know they aren't the most all around effective weapon but using them efficiently is really satisfying. Alternatively I friggin hate facing Stummel halftracks. They're extremely effective in urban battles. I've lost whole squads to only a couple of rounds. What's some of your favorites and why? Modern titles and infantry units included too!

3rd, an honorable mention is the Puma Armored Car. I'm terrible at using armored cars but that's gotta be one of the coolest vehicles of WW2.

Edited by Anonymous_Jonze

I value the Stuart tank immensely whenever I have it, and greatly appreciate its ability to just shut down snipers, MGs, etc with total impunity. It's height means it's good at spotting and its light weight and small size make it handy for sticking close to the infantry. It laughs off mortar fire and the cannister shot is a sight to behold. In a pinch, if the planets align, it can even kill a Panzer. 

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Most Feared Opponent:  M1A2SEP (CM:BS)

I fear no man, but that thing...it scares me. 

Edited by SimpleSimon

I love the LAV III Coyote! GI Joe says that knowing is half the battle, then the 25mm Bushmaster must contribute to the other half. I also love the US 60mm M2 Mortar -- very handy tool for dealing with those MGs.

What I fear most is zeroed-in artillery fire. There's nothing worse than seeing big ol' rounds rain down on infantry, vehicles and heavy weapons. Even if you put them in trenches, dense woods and buildings -- you will take more casualties than expected. Those air burst rounds are especially dangerous. 

16 hours ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

an honorable mention is the Puma Armored Car

You've played BN's 'Cats chasing dogs' right? Having tried as the Pumas (as you say, a good-looking vehicle) a couple of times, I then played as US and had much better results with the M8 armoured car and its 37mm (including canister rounds).

So far I have no modern titles and I'm into armour more than infantry, so my answers are:

1. Love playing most things with a cat in their name, plus some late war Soviet 'heavies' like IS2s.  Should say I haven't played with Fireflies, Pershings etc. as much as I should.

2. May or may not fear them them depending on what I've got on my side, but if I have to choose it would be playing against the same things as above.

11 hours ago, SimpleSimon said:

I fear no man, but that thing...it scares me.

The other unit I mentioned is among the best solutions to the 'Abrams Issue'!  :ph34r:

Just a shame we don't have them in CM:BS.  :(

25 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Against - Any pistol packing tank crew whichever nationality.

Taxi Drivers are even more dangerous.....Trust me!  :o

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I didn't think I had a favorite unit but after reading other answers the one that popped into my head is Shilka AA. CMSF2 Marine module, I think. Even now, when I see it hose-down a target, I have an 'oh WOW' reaction. Especially when its breaking EVERYTHING on the exterior of an Abrams or shooting down a valuable fighter-bomber.

9 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

You've played BN's 'Cats chasing dogs' right? Having tried as the Pumas (as you say, a good-looking vehicle) a couple of times, I then played as US and had much better results with the M8 armoured car and its 37mm (including canister rounds).

So far I have no modern titles and I'm into armour more than infantry, so my answers are:

1. Love playing most things with a cat in their name, plus some late war Soviet 'heavies' like IS2s.  Should say I haven't played with Fireflies, Pershings etc. as much as I should.

2. May or may not fear them them depending on what I've got on my side, but if I have to choose it would be playing against the same things as above.

I have not. Perhaps I'll try it after I'm done with my 10th Mountain Campaign in Rome to Victory. Canister rounds are always fun. Is the Pershing in Final Blitzkrieg? I don't think the tank arrived till March 45 or something. Or maybe it's in a CMx1 game?

5 hours ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Is the Pershing in Final Blitzkrieg? I don't think the tank arrived till March 45 or something. Or maybe it's in a CMx1 game?

You make a good point, for some unknown reason I thought it was in CM2 somewhere, but as you suggest I don't think it is (yet).

10 hours ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

I have not. Perhaps I'll try it after I'm done with my 10th Mountain Campaign in Rome to Victory. Canister rounds are always fun. Is the Pershing in Final Blitzkrieg? I don't think the tank arrived till March 45 or something. Or maybe it's in a CMx1 game?

The M-26 isn't in FB yet like you say it was after 1/45. It did appear in CMBO I believe with the Super Pershing. 

No, Pershings.

But we did get the Jumbo, easy eight  and the M36.

Them 3 equal a Pershing.

The Jumbo is the first Sherman that can shed some of those late German tank rounds, 

The easy eights seem to have the most Tungsten rounds that make their 76MM gun a little more dangerous and fun.

And the M36 provide us the 90mm

And since most tank battles are one hit only events at this point of the war anyway, who cares it is a Tin can.