Rome to Victory Pre-orders are now open

7 hours ago, Ivan Zaitzev said:

It's great to see some news about this module! I would love to see a screenshot of the Spahis and the Indians, I think those are the most interesting factions in this module. A bit disappointed the Italians are not getting anything new. Or even Italians on the Allied side.

Yes me too... I was thinking to see some Italian fighting with the Allied, but well... we have now our R2V that we were waiting so long.

Thanks you again BF&Staff to these wonderfull series from CM.

10 hours ago, Ivan Zaitzev said:

A bit disappointed the Italians are not getting anything new. Or even Italians on the Allied side.

Perhaps one of the modders can create a Partisan mod using a mixture of the pre-existing Italian voice files, uniforms, equipment, and some civvy clothing of their own design.

31 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Perhaps one of the modders can create a Partisan mod using a mixture of the pre-existing Italian voice files, uniforms, equipment, and some civvy clothing of their own design.

This was also my thoughts and my hope, for this reason I don't worry too much about.

39 minutes ago, waffelmann said:

https://www.battlefront.com/fortress-italy/cmfi-rome-to-victory-module/?tab=toe

A spelling error:

At the major formations: "German Luftwaffe Field Divisions", not "German Luftwafte Field Divisions"

Greetings, alex

Thanks, Alex.  I just fixed it. There are some days that I can't spell cat if you spot me the C and the T. 

3 hours ago, Kevin2k said:

Question,

If one orders a bundle that includes the upcoming expansion, do you get the licence key for the existing part of the bundle immediately? Or do you only get a licence key when the upcoming expansion is ready?

The key is in the confirmation email and you get it right away. If you order the module bundle that key will "unlock" Gustav Line right now. If you order the Big Bundle that includes the base game please contact the Help Desk and open a ticket referencing your order number and we'll get you hooked up. 

http://www.battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com

1 minute ago, BFCElvis said:

The key is in the confirmation email and you get it right away. If you order the module bundle that key will "unlock" Gustav Line right now. If you order the Big Bundle that includes the base game please contact the Help Desk and open a ticket referencing your order number and we'll get you hooked up. 

Understood.  I intend to buy the module bundle.

On 6/29/2019 at 5:32 AM, sttp said:

Great news! Thanks.

The product page for Rome to Victory says that it has 2 campaigns and 8 standalone battles. I assume that should be 18 standalone battles, to bring it in line with the other similarly priced modules? (Even the $10 battle packs have had a campaign and 10+ battles....)

Is that the case? That's 50% less content than GL module.

3 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

great so i do not have to wait to start fighting in italy
I open a ticket

merci BFCElvis

Edited by Falaise

The French Expeditionary Corps was actually equipped with quite a lot of US weaponry (mostly M1917 Enfields and M1919A4's, maybe Thompsons as well). I'd say that it isn't especially needed to model French weapons and especially vehicles. French vehicles were I'd say pretty much nowhere to be found, since there was no armored unit inside the FEC.

c82da064a1af1f0742326f46e682d101.jpg

72689bdbfbd887c896c5eabd069dda02.jpg

Edited by Frenchy56

1 hour ago, Ivanov said:

Is that the case? That's 50% less content than GL module.

Just to be clear, I don't know if that is final count however the cost of a module is not simply the scenario/campaign content (other than specific battlepacks) , it is the work BF has to do... and CMFI has been a b***H.  

8 minutes ago, sburke said:

Just to be clear, I don't know if that is final count however the cost of a module is not simply the scenario/campaign content (other than specific battlepacks) , it is the work BF has to do... and CMFI has been a b***H.  

Well, quite a lot of stuff is carried over from other games, right? (Waffen-SS, Luftwaffe field divisions, Gebirgsjaeger, various vehicles and weapons...)

It can also be used again in further expansions. (That StuG IV has me interested)

I'd say that it's barely acceptable to limit the scenario count, because it's good to have the toys and as many playground choices as the previous expansions. Plus apparently no new voices have been done for this expansion, so that's already a relatively consequent weight off.

Edited by Frenchy56

1 minute ago, Frenchy56 said:

Well, quite a lot of stuff is carried over from other games, right? (Waffen-SS, Luftwaffe field divisions, Gebirgsjaeger, various vehicles and weapons...)

You are likely thinking models, the ToE has been a bigger issue.  Issues there cascade down into QBs and the like.  CMFI has always been the bastard child for ToE issues.  It is both it's strength as a unique game and it's Achilles heel for development.  Most of what you are citing as work they don't have to worry about is stuff that wouldn't have been much work to begin with (voice acting for example).  As to scenario count I can't speak for BF but let's just say hypothetically they said sure we can add a half dozen more scenarios- want to wait several months?  Would that be something you would consider worth it?  - keep in mind scenario work is typically done by beta testers so the cost factor wouldn't change for BF, just the timing.

Sure, I see. TO&E definitely would be a big problem due to the mish-mash of nations and services, and I didn't really think about it before now but the expansion is also supposed to span practically 11 months from what I've gathered!

I would wait a few more months for more scenarios. Because I like having as many scenarios to pick from (unfortunately I often don't have the patience to play through them most of the time and instead I'm editing uniform textures or something). Or maybe they could do it like CMSF2's campaigns and release the remaining scenarios after it comes out.

Of course other people are sure to not share my opinion, but these are my two cents.

Edited by Frenchy56

18 minutes ago, Frenchy56 said:

I would wait a few more months for more scenarios. Because I like having as many scenarios to pick from (unfortunately I often don't have the patience to play through them most of the time and instead I'm editing uniform textures or something). Or maybe they could do it like CMSF2's campaigns and release the remaining scenarios after it comes out.

Of course other people are sure to not share my opinion, but these are my two cents.

Keep in mind that was just a hypothetical.  I don't know what the final count would be or timing or anything... no I don't know much.  :D