Guess what I am downloading?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

argh... I forgot to remove my Z folder b4 installing MG. Now I have some Allied troops with some modern CMSF type weapons (and even no helmets).

Do I have to remove my Z folder and reinstall MG, or...?

No, just take your Z folder out and add them back until you figure out which one is incompatible.

argh... I forgot to remove my Z folder b4 installing MG. Now I have some Allied troops with some modern CMSF type weapons (and even no helmets).

Do I have to remove my Z folder and reinstall MG, or...?

Don't reinstall, just remove the Z folder and see if that fixes it. Chances are it will. If not, then you have some other mods elsewhere that needs to be deleted. If you don't want to hunt for it, uninstall the game and install completely fresh. Instructions for how to do that most efficiently can be found in the Knowledgebase at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk.

If you miss handle it - yes it could. Copy your current install and upgrade the copy then play out your current PBEM games with the 2.01 game and start new ones with your new 2.1 install.

Just remember after the copy to remove your mods for the upgrade and then figure out what mods work after that.

I just pmed you with exactly this question - so consider it answered already!

If you miss handle it - yes it could. Copy your current install and upgrade the copy then play out your current PBEM games with the 2.01 game and start new ones with your new 2.1 install.

Just remember after the copy to remove your mods for the upgrade and then figure out what mods work after that.

So when you say make a copy, copy everything I have circled (see attached) and save into new subdirectory, say called CMBN 2.01, and then upgrade the original program in the directory shown (CMBN)?

And I recently had to get battlefront to give me a new license for both CMBN and CMFI because I had to reformat my hard drive so does that possible affect anything here as well? (I had to run that utility they send you to reset things which I forget what it is called)

post-12542-141867625068_thumb.jpg

If not, then you have some other mods elsewhere that needs to be deleted.

Elsewhere?? Does that mean mods that are not in the CMBN Z folder (eg in CMSF Z folder) can somehow "contaminate" CMBN?

BTW: After removing the Z folder the US weapons appear correct. :) However, I still see helmetless US airborne in the distant view. When I move closer, they suddenly acquire helmets.

I checked my email and got notified. That really blows. I'm going to be gone this weekend. Figures this would happen now.

So whats going to happen to all my current h2h games? Will they all have to be on MG?

What blows harder, is I checked my e-mail, and once again, have not been notified on my pre-order. At least you can download it before the rush.

Edit: No e-mails were sent, but I did find it in my list of purchased games, so at least I got the download going. But The no notification thing has been a recurring problem. I verified my e-mail address on both the account page and the forums, and it did not go to my spam folder.

Well, I have downloaded something (was I the first??), but the activation after installation is acting very wonky. I have a fully installed and patched CMBN/CW, but I'm told "It seems there was a problem with your license."

When I manually input the new expansion's serial number, I get a successful activation message, but nothing happens when I click "Launch." If I then try to start the game from the Start Menu, I'm taken back to "It seems there was a problem with your license."

My problem is fixed! Something got borked with my serial, and BTS had to send me a tool to reset it.

My thanks for excellent and timely customer support!

Yup :)

We delay it for a bit because the perorder folks deserve a little bit of time to get theirs first before the bandwidth gets clobbered by new orders. Trust me, we know how many of you are on each side of the fence within the first day or two. It's a madhouse :) Which is why we have (yet again) upgraded the services we use for downloading.

Steve

This is a known bug.

Yup, to echo what AKD said... all will be fixed with v2.21. It is absolutely amazing, even after 20 years doing this gaming stuff, how many small things get missed until the game is already finalized for release. Sure, if you're making a game of checkers it's less likely to miss things, but with wargames... there's just so much in there.

Our standard rule for release time is to view small visual glitches as "patchable" type bugs and not what we call "show stopper". Show stopper bugs cause us to halt any thought of immediate release, fix the bug, test, repackage for release, and hope we don't have another one. Examples are common things not loading, an easily reproducible crash, UI problems which hinder functionality, etc. Short of that sort of thing we launch and then immediately begin work on a patch. No rest for the weary!

After all the years we've delivered things to you, we've got a pretty good idea what *you* think of as "show stoppers" and what you will accept as "patchable". I'm pretty sure you guys would roast us alive if we held up the game for a week because a helmet LOD was missing :D

Steve

Yup, to echo what AKD said... all will be fixed with v2.21. It is absolutely amazing, even after 20 years doing this gaming stuff, how many small things get missed until the game is already finalized for release. Sure, if you're making a game of checkers it's less likely to miss things, but with wargames... there's just so much in there.

Our standard rule for release time is to view small visual glitches as "patchable" type bugs and not what we call "show stopper". Show stopper bugs cause us to halt any thought of immediate release, fix the bug, test, repackage for release, and hope we don't have another one. Examples are common things not loading, an easily reproducible crash, UI problems which hinder functionality, etc. Short of that sort of thing we launch and then immediately begin work on a patch. No rest for the weary!

After all the years we've delivered things to you, we've got a pretty good idea what *you* think of as "show stoppers" and what you will accept as "patchable". I'm pretty sure you guys would roast us alive if we held up the game for a week because a helmet LOD was missing :D

Steve

I'm staring at a release on Monday, and we've spent the last week or two going through the same exercise. QA finds an issue, determine the severity, haggle over the severity (sometimes), and either fix, or it goes on the 'known defects' list for the next update. The closer to the release date, the bigger an issue has to be to actually call a halt.

On the positive side, my DL of MG took 8 minutes, the license entry worked fine, although I couldn't launch immediately. Had to quit, then restart. All is well now.

I sense that my review of the final release documentation at work due Monday will not get done until the wee hours Sunday night.

Yup :)

We delay it for a bit because the perorder folks deserve a little bit of time to get theirs first before the bandwidth gets clobbered by new orders. Trust me, we know how many of you are on each side of the fence within the first day or two. It's a madhouse :) Which is why we have (yet again) upgraded the services we use for downloading.

Makes perfect sense to me. I got a somewhat slow DL anyway in spite of probably being one of the first off the line. It took an hour and a half and I don't think it ever got much over 430 KB/sec even though I have a 15Mbps connection. That's okay though, I simply went off to fix and eat my lunch while it ran, so it all worked out. But I thought I'd mention it as that is only about two-thirds as fast as I had gotten from some of the mirror sites when I had used them.

Michael