Operation Market Garden announced!

...might cover upto to WestWall....

BFC has stated repeatedly and from the beginning that the completed CMBN title would run from Overlord thru September and the separate Bulge title would cover the change of seasons - October through war's end in the spring. And they've stated their reasons for doing it on multiple occasions. I don't know where people are getting other impressions, I haven't even seen discussion board speculation about CMBN timeline being expanded beyond September.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is worth money. But a good game is more than scenarios, campaigns, maps and terrain.

LOL! This reminds of the scene in Monty Python's "Life of Brian":

'OK, OK, besides the roads, sewer system, schools, and aqueducts, what have Romans ever done for us!"

Honestly, there's more packed into this Market Garden Module than the CW module which only had new units, formations, scenarios and campaigns. With Market Garden you get all of that plus the 7 master maps, plus new buildings and bridges, plus new editor features such as the ditchlock.

And before you go complaining that there aren't that many new units, please realize that the majority of units were already in the CW module - there aren't that many more units for BF to make - at least for the time frame involved. They've certainly included more than I thought they would have.

If you don't want to buy OMG then don't. I didn't buy CMFI because only I knew I wouldn't have time to play it, not because I didn't feel it was worth the money. So please don't complain that OMG isn't worth $35 because, it is. They've packed way more into it than I though they would.

If you don't want to buy OMG then don't. I didn't buy CMFI because only I knew I wouldn't have time to play it, not because I didn't feel it was worth the money. So please don't complain that OMG isn't worth $35 because, it is. They've packed way more into it than I though they would.

Just curious. Who actually said something like that here? I didn't see anybody

Oh... and Aragorn btw, why did you removed your previous post? I was wondering what was your problem this time. Maybe too much smoking or something

With Market Garden you get all of that plus the 7 master maps, plus new buildings and bridges, plus new editor features such as the ditchlock.

Will these editor features now become available when purchased in CM:BN CW? too?

Will all maps be transferable within the CM:BN group, or should the games be kept separate, to the different version.

Oh... and Aragorn btw, why did you removed your previous post? I was wondering what was your problem this time. Maybe too much smoking or something

My dear Beelzeboss. I decided you aren't worth the bother.

BFC has stated repeatedly and from the beginning that the completed CMBN title would run from Overlord thru September and the separate Bulge title would cover the change of seasons - October through war's end in the spring. And they've stated their reasons for doing it on multiple occasions. I don't know where people are getting other impressions, I haven't even seen discussion board speculation about CMBN timeline being expanded beyond September.

Maby we should keep a copy of them quoted as saying that and just whip out the quote every time someone whines...

Right here:

I really appreciated Battlefronts decision to offer a realtime game mode with Shock Force. To support their effort, I even bought the whole we-go combat mission games, although I don't like we-go game mode and I've never touched the games.

From there on I bought every base game and module. Some I liked more, some less. But each releases showed some progress.

This is the first time I'm not excited about a release of the combat mission games and it's the first time I won't buy it.

In my opinion a balanced mix of gameplay features / scenarios / units makes a good game or addon.

On these forums are threads with some amazing ideas and all we get this time are:

- some units which already exist partially in other modules and the new ones don't offer much gameplay wise

- some maps, which basically could be done by everone who already owns the game (except some special objects like the bridges and new buildings)

- some scenarios

For me (I understand that there are other opioions, but this is mine) this isn't worth 35$. I wouldn't pay more than 10-15$ for this content.

I really want to support you, but this time I can't. Sorry. I hope future releases do better. My saved next-combat-mission-title-money goes straight into Creative Assemblys Rome 2.

Please consider the community suggested features for future titles and I'll be happy to support you. As I stated before: offer a balanced mix and not only eye candy, then I'll happily spend my money. Each release should make the game more fun to play and offer more possibilities.

Added:

What I would have expected for 35$ example is:

- announced stuff

+ aa guns work against planes

+ improved urban combat

Will these editor features now become available when purchased in CM:BN CW? too?

Will all maps be transferable within the CM:BN group, or should the games be kept separate, to the different version.

If you make a map with ditchlocks or footpaths the game will mark it as needing MG to run.

So no, they will not be transferable within CM:BN without MG.

BUT, it should be as easy as removing those ditchlocks or footpaths from the map to make it work with other modules.

If you make a map with ditchlocks or footpaths the game will mark it as needing MG to run.

So no, they will not be transferable within CM:BN without MG.

BUT, it should be as easy as removing those ditchlocks or footpaths from the map to make it work with other modules.

Dumbest question of the year award to me.:D

What exactly is a ditchlock? When I googled the term it taught me how to put parental controls on Dish satellite TV. :mad: And I found the Ditchburn gun lock. :mad:

Ok that's one guy. He wrote that. Who cares. He said that and you said that module is cool. So what's the problem? he think different you think different. You will buy he will not. You wrote why you will buy he wrote why he won't... And still this is one person and he is not one of those annoying Poles constantly irritating other with some problems . Waclaw said something different and I didn't comment this module at all(i like Challenger :D). And there is guy like Aragorn who thinks that he is too ****ing awesome to say what is actually he's problem and who will not waste his precious time but still is digging more and provoking and blame other for being constantly annoying

Dumbest question of the year award to me.:D

What exactly is a ditchlock? When I googled the term it taught me how to put parental controls on Dish satellite TV. :mad: And I found the Ditchburn gun lock. :mad:

No not so dumb. I think once CMBN gets a base game update ditchlock and footpaths are not meant to be MG dependent. The real issue will be you won't be able to access the time frame. If I create a map for Sept 19th I do not think you will be able to access it at all w/o the MG module. The creator would have to change the date and make sure the setting is Normandy. That would alter all the buildings and flavor items to be accessible for those w/o the MG module.

Ditchlock allows you to set elevation changes to a half meter increment whereas right now CMFI and CMBN only allow a full meter increment.

All this back and forth about value, content, is it worth it or not, graphics, etc. has me very confused.

So, for the time being, I think I'll just stick to playing SSI's Kampgruppe. No need to worry about grass or tree textures, or roads, or buildings, or water etc.

Now, if I could only figure out what hell pulse 3 means I'll be all set.

Kampgruppe_zpsb3e20944.jpg

What exactly is a ditchlock?

I'm not entirely sure so don't quote me on this, but of you were to look at screenshot 11/44 you'll see Brit soldiers kneeling in a roadside terrain element that appears a little bit more subtle than the usual 1-number-jump terrain changes. Anyone whose tried to place roadside elevation changes on a map might look at that and say "How the heck did they do that?" ...maybe :)

Ok that's one guy. He wrote that. Who cares. He said that and you said that module is cool. So what's the problem? he think different you think different. You will buy he will not. You wrote why you will buy he wrote why he won't... And still this is one person and he is not one of those annoying Poles constantly irritating other with some problems . Waclaw said something different and I didn't comment this module at all(i like Challenger :D). And there is guy like Aragorn who thinks that he is too ****ing awesome to say what is actually he's problem and who will not waste his precious time but still is digging more and provoking and blame other for being constantly annoying

You asked where someone had said that. I just pointed out where.

Why are you being so aggressive?

Make love, not war. (except virtual war in the game of course)

LOL! This reminds of the scene in Monty Python's "Life of Brian":

'OK, OK, besides the roads, sewer system, schools, and aqueducts, what have Romans ever done for us!"

Maybe you should take a look at this thread: http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=110504 to get an idea what could be added besides scenarios, campaigns, maps and terrain. There are lots of amazing ideas, which would make the game more fun to play.

And before you go complaining that there aren't that many new units, please realize that the majority of units were already in the CW module - there aren't that many more units for BF to make - at least for the time frame involved. They've certainly included more than I thought they would have.

Seriously: work on your reading skills! All I ever said is that I would like a more balanced mix of everything! I don't care if there are 3 or 10 new tanks.

Please read what I write, before you refer to it.

Everybody himself can decide if a product is worth the money, it is offered for. And it must be allowed to state ones opinion on a public board. And it's not on you to judge it.

You are fine with the module? I can live with that. Buy it and have a great time with it.

Learn to accept different opinions, as I accept yours.

All this back and forth about value, content, is it worth it or not, graphics, etc. has me very confused.

So, for the time being, I think I'll just stick to playing SSI's Kampgruppe. No need to worry about grass or tree textures, or roads, or buildings, or water etc.

Now, if I could only figure out what hell pulse 3 means I'll be all set.

Kampgruppe_zpsb3e20944.jpg

Pulse 3 means heart rate dropped to 3 beats per minute because of excitement level of that game?:)

To be honest, a fair number of people pointed out the difference between patches and modules in that other thread but it seems they were ignored by the people it was aimed at.

It is great that you now know the difference, and i hope the others do too, but it was pointed out repeatedly.

for you, it is obvious, but for people from "outside" would not.

if the module "MG" was simply called "DLC" (as in other games) would not be expected that somehow drastically change the game mechanics (general expectations were that much smaller), there would be no misunderstanding.

You asked where someone had said that. I just pointed out where.

Why are you being so aggressive?

Make love, not war. (except virtual war in the game of course)

I don't wanted to be aggressive and not everything i wrote in that post was actually referring to you(but it could look like that).

My point is this: People are writing here how they like game/module/whatever and why they like it. Thay say "i like this, this and this" And there is no problem with that. Than come person x who say "but i don't like this or this" or "I hoped it will look different " or it's not worth the money" whatever. And then all starts. 10 people will respond and teach him. They will point to him that's he is irrational, stupid, annoying, rude( and that's a hypocrisy) , that he doesn't know what he is talking or wants something for free etc. They will make next x pages of the topic with tons of post asking the same questions or saying same things over and over even when the "discussion" was in fact finished some time ago and still they would blame him for trolling and making all of that mess. So why is that?

or it's not worth the money" whatever.

The annoying ones claim they should get an endless supply of new free stuff in perpetuity because they purchased the basegame way back in 2011. CMBN never claimed it was Willy Wonka's Everlasting Gobstopper. I recall seeing a post about CM:Touch, someone was complaining they had to spend a whole 99 cents to expand the game! Oh, the horror!