Operation Market Garden announced!

I just placed my preorder...

After my recent experience with a big name development house that recently release a over-hyped piece of junk I'm more and more appreciative of a small independent developer like this.

I won't name the piece of junk I recently paid too much for. Unlike BF who gives you a $10 discount for pre-ordering, I had the privilege of paying full price, after all it was so well hyped as the greatest thing since sliced white bread it would be a privilege to pay a bloated price to have the game when released.

This "shall not be named" game was designed to be accessible to a larger audience. Combat Mission games is targeted to a more specialized audience. The "shall not be named" game has angered its core fans who through the years supported the franchise, The changes to appeal to the masses have watered down the game and reduced it to an arcade game. Many think it was designed with the intention of being ported to consoles.

This "shall not be named" game has more bugs than a roach motel. In all fairness the Combat Mission games has it share of idiosyncrasies that frustrates players, but I'm confident I won't see hordes of pixel troops just run in front of a town and then just stand there doing nothing while I mow them down. I have confidence BF cares enough and doesn't have the same pressures as the shall not be named company" to release something in a Beta state.

I hope Battlefront is taking note and remains a craftsman like company who makes products out of passion and dedication to quality, not just money.

Does this game happen to involve Romans? If it does then you are correct. One of the reasons i love Battlefront is that they care about the games they make and the people who buy them. I can't think of another company so dedicated to its customers and the product they make.

Love you guise. <3

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> BATTLEFRONT/Steve :)

ok.. here's something i'm sure you know, but throwing it out there because i think it might help some (me incl) on the module/pack/upgrades/ etc etc question.

simply stated, some folks are word oriented (?) and some are graphic oriented.. at least there are 2.. i in particular can relate much quicker to a drawing of a concept than i can when it is described to me in detail with words.

so the idea i propose, if such a thing is possible or desirable by BFC.. is a picture/layout of the way you've described the way CM and all the add-on's work... a bubble diagram if you will. show the big picture, and the way the smaller bubbles come off each and possibly the way they relate to each other, and to the different platforms (CMBN-CMFi- the CW add-on- MG and so on)

does that sound plausible?

as a retired architectural drafter, and the old saying a picture is worth a 1000 words, i wonder if it wouldn't at least save you 50% of your headaches repeating yourself to explain :)

oh god no please don't ask for a power point. My company is known for crafting power points - I can't bring up the slightest technical subject without being asked for one and then it is never a quick explanatory thing...oh noo it has a life of it's own and invariably goes through dozens of permutations before finally being acceptable and is promptly ignored.

That being said, yeah a flow chart is probably a good idea.

One of the reasons i love Battlefront is that they care about the games they make and the people who buy them. I can't think of another company so dedicated to its customers and the product they make.

I absolutely agree with that. Be aware though that part of the price for that may be their refusal to produce games on subjects that are of no personal interest to them, even though many of their customers might be clamoring for them and willing to put up the bucks for them. For those customers (and sometimes I am one of them), the only recourse is to hope that some other indy developer will come along to fill the gap.

Roll on CBI theater and Middle East 1948-'73!

:)

Michael