New features/feature ideas for CM for the next few years thread

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that looks much better...has BF said they did work on this for GL?

That's just three teams running in single file, rather than running in single file as a squad. Not sure they ever did that, but it wouldn't bother me much cos I don't use unsplit squads much.

I'd like to have SMGs picked up from buddy aid like MGs are. It sucks when guys with SMGs fall then you got a bunch of dudes with bolt action rifles walking around. The suppression effect that smg has in this game is so important that it just kills me when the smg guy goes down. I mean come on, in RL if a guy with an smg goes down in front of me and I'm carrying a k98, I'm ditching that thing and grabbing the mp40.

This is going to have to be addressed soon with the EF around the corner. It is well documented the affinity the Germans had for ppshs. I'd like to be able to pick up certain enemy SMGs as well to simulate Germans acquiring numerous ppshs at the squad level.

I would like to se a major overhaul of urban combat. Better TAC AI movement in urban enviroments and ability to fortify houses. This is a must for EF games but it would be good to have it included in Normandy and Italy.

The general idea

hr61.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I would also like to see a general overhaul of fortifications, more variations and ability to camouflage certain fortifications in order to improve their survivability on the battlefield

Most likely correct. The Italians squads, which cannot break down into teams, still display the bowling pin formation.

Dang! Oh well, my request stands then.

Other than that : -2 / -2 ! Damn, you may as well just demob those guys ! :eek:

I would like to se a major overhaul of urban combat. Better TAC AI movement in urban enviroments and ability to fortify houses. This is a must for EF games but it would be good to have it included in Normandy and Italy.

The general idea

hr61.jpg

I would also like to see a general overhaul of fortifications, more variations and ability to camouflage certain fortifications in order to improve their survivability on the battlefield

I like it!

Posted a thread on it a while back, but what I really want to see is the ability to select other units by clicking on their waypoint lines. Also an option to keep the waypoints visible at all times (CMx1 also had this option) so that I can select any unit anywhere from their waypoint line.

The general idea

hr61.jpg

Can you imagine trying to assault that!

I also like it..Love to have this sort of fidelity by the time we get to Stalingrad etc..

The general idea

hr61.jpg

Re future features I'd like to be able to resupply grenades as well as ammo. Never understood why the trucks don't automatically give grenades when you acquire ammo.

Yeah, I happened to be thinking about this yesterday. I have the impression that all armies supplied their infantry lavishly with grenades including in resupply.

Michael

- sort out the inaccessible corners of hedgerows. There are myriad other combinations of 'fragments' of Action spots that aren't "impassable" and "untargetable".

- rework QB points so that "off-spec" additions of single teams/vehicles cost rarity rather than having a "combat points" premium.

- make the targeting line originate from the waypoint you've got selected while you're trying to find a targeting path, rather than just once you've got a target picked.

make the targeting line originate from the waypoint you've got selected while you're trying to find a targeting path, rather than just once you've got a target picked.

And maybe colorcode the targetingline for guns and veichles to show...

Light blue = line of sight of the MAIN GUNNER

Dark blue = line of sight of other members of that unit

An indication that the movie you just watched is indeed the last turn before the game ends.

I spend quite some time analysing a turn with the orders I need to give in mind. But you never know its the last turn when you have a variable ending.

If it is and you already plotted the move in your mind then the abrupt battle ending is some kind of let down.

Some great suggestions here.

I am working on the CM- Shock Force 2 Wish List and would like to incorporate some of these veteran player ideas into the new improved CM- Shock Force 2.

Is anyone keeping a running list of the requests?

Some amazing and sensible suggestions in this thread, I hope BattleFront is taking notes. It's feedback from a dedicated community like this that can really make a game stand out and shine.

While some of the suggestions seem very easy to implement, others (like the fortified house) are enough to make any programmer groan - I guess they would opt to abstract lots of the detail in the fortifications, and just have two different levels of hardness - "fortified" and "heavily fortified", with the illustration above an example of the latter.

Of course, I hope they will go all the way - but then we need more tools for the job of assaulting those buildings - I'm sure I'm not the first to ask politely for flamethrowers.