Gustav Line.

Thanks for the enthusiasm :D Some quick answers...

We wanted to do Free French for Gustav Line, but it was just one too many things to do. There is only so much we can afford to put into a single release and the Free French required more work than the others, so it got put aside for now. As did the Indians, South Africans, Waffen SS, and Italian Fascist forces.

Trying to pack everything imaginable into any one release is physically impractical. First, it would cost a lot more up front. That reduces player options to buy x and not spend money on y. Second, it would mean much longer periods of time between releases. It doesn't take us much less time to put everything in one release as it would several, so it's not like one big release gains you anything. Would you guys rather wait 12 months to get 10 forces at once or get five forces now and get the others 6 months later? And yes, I already know the answer to that :D

Packs are designed to fill in the gaps that a single Module can't plug. It's a good system given development realities.

Steve

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schedule stuff...

Gustav Line is in testing now, but I can't say exactly when it will be ready for preorders. Certainly not in the next few weeks.

Why won't Market Garden get put out ahead of Gustav Line? While most of the team was plugging away on the massive v2.0 Normandy Upgrade, Normal Dude was putting together the TO&E and campaign stuff for Gustav Line. When 2.0 was completed Market Garden required new customized terrain, which is something CM hasn't had before. While that was going on others were converting artwork from Normandy over to Gustav Line and filling in things which weren't in Normandy. Which means we were working on both Normandy and Fortress Italy at the same time, it's just that Gustav Line got ahead of Market Garden.

Now that the bulk of Gustav Line work is done (from a production standpoint) all efforts are on Market Garden. I don't think it will be too long before we are officially announcing that one as well.

Steve

Schedule stuff...

Gustav Line is in testing now, but I can't say exactly when it will be ready for preorders. Certainly not in the next few weeks.

Why won't Market Garden get put out ahead of Gustav Line? While most of the team was plugging away on the massive v2.0 Normandy Upgrade, Normal Dude was putting together the TO&E and campaign stuff for Gustav Line. When 2.0 was completed Market Garden required new customized terrain, which is something CM hasn't had before. While that was going on others were converting artwork from Normandy over to Gustav Line and filling in things which weren't in Normandy. Which means we were working on both Normandy and Fortress Italy at the same time, it's just that Gustav Line got ahead of Market Garden.

Now that the bulk of Gustav Line work is done (from a production standpoint) all efforts are on Market Garden. I don't think it will be too long before we are officially announcing that one as well.

Steve

Muy agradecido! thanks for this module! You always put a lot of passion. Thanks again Steve. I will be waiting my market garden module!

Abrazos!

Oh, I should add that our artists have been picking away at Bagration and Shock Force 2 for the last year or so. Now that Gustav Line is done (on that score) and Market Garden is nearly finished (again, speaking of artwork), the team will soon switch over full time to finish up the mountain of work both of those new theaters require.

Steve

So much good news. Gustav and Market Garden both round the corner. I will get them both ofcourse. Market Garden in particular interests me, Arnhem is practically my back yard (I work in Arnhem, a 30 minute drive).

Normally I would be really impatient at this point, but I am having a blast with CMBN 2.01 right now. I deliberately let it rest for many months, awaiting the patches. And the patches have delivered, 2.01 really is brilliant. So CMBN/CW is almost like a new game to me, with most battles unplayed thus far. But no more :-)

Schedule stuff...

Steve

If I show you a picture of my dog can I beta test Gustav Line? ._.

Packs...Modules... Free French! Indians (Gurkhas?), South Africans, Waffen SS, Italian Fascist forces...

Party Time:)

"Packs are designed to fill in the gaps that a single Module can't plug. It's a good system given development realities."

Good business as well, IMO.

"our artists have been picking away at Bagration and Shock Force 2 for the last year or so. Now that Gustav Line is done (on that score) and Market Garden is nearly finished (again, speaking of artwork), the team will soon switch over full time to finish up the mountain of work both of those new theaters require."

Shock Force 2 and for a MAC! Fire up the hot ones.... when the game arrives that is :D

*Drones... Hmmm.. Drones...*

And as I type the clouds separate, the warmth of the sun fills my war room as the news of the next round of FUN.

Thanks,

So we're gonna have a Monte Cassino scenario without the french north african troops ? Is this a sick joke ?

Come on, Battlefront ! Why on earth is it so hard to bring the Free French in when AFAIK they fought in Italy with american weapons and vehicles ? I'm sorry but I really don't get it.

So we're gonna have a Monte Cassino scenario without the french north african troops ? Is this a sick joke ?

Come on, Battlefront ! Why on earth is it so hard to bring the Free French in when AFAIK they fought in Italy with american weapons and vehicles ? I'm sorry but I really don't get it.

The question has already been answered: would you rather wait 12 months to get a module with all the various forces in, or get half of them in 6 months time and the other half 6 months after that?

Nope, just reality dictating that we can't have everything all at one time.

Look at the list of what is included and then maybe you will understand better. Someone could equally argue that not including the 16th SS or Indians or South Africans is a "sick joke". And if we included the Free French, but not the Poles or Canadians, don't you think someone would make a post similar to yours?

The problem with Italy is there were SO MANY different forces fighting all at the same time. It was probably the single largest mix of international forces until modern times. Maybe Korea had more, but I haven't done a side by side comparison. In short... there is no way we can put everything into this one Module.

Steve