Lack of mods

There seems to be surprisingly few mods in the repository so far. How's that, are modders still too busy to play the game, are the models in the game so good that they don't need modding or is it harder to make the mods in the 2.0 engine?

I can be totally wrong but I remember that flow of mods was a bit faster when the BN was released?

I am, however, hoping that Marco Bergman adds to his weapon silhouettes for CMFI - I've ported across his current crop as it covers most of the German and US ones, but there are a couple of new ones for the US ( M1 rifle ) and none for the Italians.

Yours in hope :)

Really the only things I could see as far as vehicles go is some dirtying up...maybe some camo schemes on the German Armored cars. The stock stuff as usual, looks really good. They'll come eventually. Aris been back like two days and is already half way through the Tiger.

Mord.

BF has done a wonderful job on every single aspect of the game this time. Not easy to find a game(game,..?) forum nowadays full of appraises... but this is it. Well deserved credit, after a long and hazardous journey,...and still, we have the Eastern Front coming...happy happy days for tactical wargaming again.

Modding,... well, everything can be improved, but it wont be a significant change, so for the first time EVER in CM, customers are happy with the game as it is. I will do my part with weathering,...as a sign of gratitude for the devs and because i think i can add some more flavor to the game, which i am in love with.

...as a sign of gratitude for the devs and because i think i can add some more flavor to the game, which i am in love with.

How surprised were you when you showed up and saw a whole new title was released that you didn't even know was being made?

Mord.

For me the biggest mod was the combination of CMx2 (BN/FI) plus a modern machine to run it on.

Other than a grid and translucent trees, I don't see any need for mods (admittedly I haven't had a Tiger, I heard that might need them).

I'm still in the happy-shock stage of every time I open the game I'm struck by how much better it looks :D

GaJ

Im sure once Aris/Fuser gets back into it we will see tons of fantastic skins starting to appear :) and im sure there are a couple of campaigs/scenarios in the work somewhere...

Funny enough, I was just putting together a QB with Mord and I was thinking 'If this plays out well between us, I might consider modifying it into a battle.' (You'd have to see the extensive briefing I put together for both sides to start in order to understand...which I'll post when I get the AAR up).

Yep, the game looks very good out-of-the-box! BF has done a great job with it! But would be coold to see more variations of the camo schemes on tanks. Also not too many scenarios have been released yet even it's easier to create them.

After these obvious question would be why I don't make them myself. But there's an easy answer to that, I can't...

mk, if your doing divisions etc., please don't stop, I would love to be able to play as 3rd ID or 1st AD as I've been to war with both of them. Could I ask you to consider US rank insignia? I know it's not possible to match the stripes with the actual pixeltruppe in the squads, but a few corporals and sergeants scattered throughout the units would add greatly to the overall look.