Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

If this were indeed the case, then I would have expected a short note from the man, seeing as I had been talking vehicles with him and providing refs for 3 months....I haven't heard a peep from him for over a month, so I hope it's just vacation or something...he's a good guy and I hope it's nothing bad. I don't think he intended to leave the work on the CW vehicles unfinished, as he was so close to the finish line.

He popped up today on the Few Good Men forum for their Normandy Campaign, so he's still around.

Part of the reason for the cost is that the upgrade is not just an engine upgrade with a new executable, but ALL of the artwork and 3D models have to be re-done for bump mapping. So that ends up being quite a bit of effort.

With the above in mind. Can someone with better knowledge explain if Aris mods could be salvaged in any way to 2.0. What amount of work needs to be done? Is it at all posible to use them with 2.0 without any changes.

I think the original textures/models are beautiful but IMHO Aris brings it to another level.

• 2 months later...

I don't know whether it was one of the earliest of the AFVs modeled for CMBN, but the Jagdpanther, compared to just about all the other tanks and similar, seems to have been shortchanged on roof equipment detail, with not only a second hatch not fully modeled, but worse, the whole movable gunsight assembly (rather important item) essentially drawn on. Anyone but me noticed this?

Here's what the top of a Jagdpanther really looks like. Believe this one was at Beltring, U.K.

http://data3.primeportal.net/tanks/john_griffin/jagdpanther/images/jagdpanther_12_of_57.jpg

Part of 3 pages of Jagdpanther detailed photo coverage here. Splendid pics!

http://www.primeportal.net/tanks/john_griffin/jagdpanther/index.php?Page=1

This wartime pic, taken from a very shallow angle, really illustrates how much relief and detail are missing from the current Jagdpanther model.

http://www.lonesentry.com/new88mm/ximg4-jagdpanther-topview.jpg

Speaking of Jagdpanthers, how does this scheme grab you?

http://www.panzertruppen.org/heer/canones/jagdpanther1.jpg

It's from here

http://www.panzertruppen.org/heer/canones/jagdpanther.html

Regards,

John Kettler

• 2 months later...

This needs to be bumped.

Aris, you have made countless of gorgeus mods for CMBN/CW and CMFI. I really appreciate all your work. I think I get as much enjoyment out of playing as I do modding the game to my liking.

Now with the 2.0 for CMBN/CW I hope you concider to make some uniform mods in the future. Your germans for CMFI was spectacular.

Don't really know,...but to be true, I am moving to a new house soon,...1 month, after that, will be out of contact for another month, times they are a changin' ! I will try my best. This started as a personal hobby project to enhance this game to my liking, but your appreciation is way way higher than I would have dreamt...I really feel happy for this, as I can see how people enjoy my work too, I wish I could get money for this, lol, don't wake up at 7 AM every morning to work in an office, but, anyway, still enjoying it very much, THANKS guys, for all the references, appraises and comments...

Edit: I prefer Aris over Fuser ;)

I wish I could get money for this, lol, don't wake up at 7 AM every morning to work in an office, but, anyway, still enjoying it very much, THANKS guys, for all the references, appraises and comments...

Aris, everything you touch in CM is perfect. I almost feel sad when I see a vanilla vehicle just to realize there is Aris mod for it and I forgot to download it.

Can't BF just hire you? Clearly you are talented and you love what you do. Unless you feel you wouldn't be able to enjoy this as much as you do it as a hobby right now?

Weathering is just a marginal tiny artistic aspect when creating a 3D model first, mapping it, and creating textures from zero. There are some some VERY very talented individuals who create textures from scratch, I just add some flavor to them, that will never be considered as a key aspect to the game by the devs.

Don't really know,...but to be true, I am moving to a new house soon,...1 month, after that, will be out of contact for another month, times they are a changin' ! I will try my best. This started as a personal hobby project to enhance this game to my liking, but your appreciation is way way higher than I would have dreamt...I really feel happy for this, as I can see how people enjoy my work too, I wish I could get money for this, lol, don't wake up at 7 AM every morning to work in an office, but, anyway, still enjoying it very much, THANKS guys, for all the references, appraises and comments...
New house - lucky you! :D

Thanx again for everything you do and hope to see you back soon working from your new house...