Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

Fuser, ALREADY at this early stage the Royal Tiger looks great - I am certainly looking forward to see the final work of art - again my thanks for the hard work you put for us and the game - thank you.

One thing, if it does not pose a problem to you, I guess we all know that the Shw Pz Abt 505 did not serve in Normandy - as far as I know. But, could you please ignore histrical correctness for a while and try to make the awsome decals of the 505 on the King Tiger.

I scanned the decals of the 505 to post them on this site but they are too big - I guess I have to wait for my daughter to arrive maybe she could reduce them for me so that I would be able to post them here <<<< such an It noob I am :(

Well the 505 decals have that Charging Knight Lancer (in green or red) as far as I recollect.

Thanks

Silkwraith

Having some fun with it after finishing the mod. I don't want to expend more time on it, not a very enjoyable base to work with. I'll upload it to The Repository and CMMODs shortly. Markings are purely optional as they haven't been extensively researched.

Clipboard04-6-1.jpg

1153311633.jpg

1153311709.jpg

1153311749.jpg

1153311791.jpg

Hope this, could help you Aris!

Fuser, ALREADY at this early stage the Royal Tiger looks great - I am certainly looking forward to see the final work of art - again my thanks for the hard work you put for us and the game - thank you.

One thing, if it does not pose a problem to you, I guess we all know that the Shw Pz Abt 505 did not serve in Normandy - as far as I know. But, could you please ignore histrical correctness for a while and try to make the awsome decals of the 505 on the King Tiger.

I scanned the decals of the 505 to post them on this site but they are too big - I guess I have to wait for my daughter to arrive maybe she could reduce them for me so that I would be able to post them here <<<< such an It noob I am :(

Well the 505 decals have that Charging Knight Lancer (in green or red) as far as I recollect.

Thanks

Silkwraith

I found some references in my library. BTW, the PzAbt 505 took part in Kursk, was later deployed at Smolensk and eventually fought at East Prussia until the end of the war.

...this beast doesn't like being modded, what a nightmare.

WIP3-11.jpg

WIP4-3.jpg

@ Ian Leslie

LOL these mods have the same effect here as well. I enjoy playing the Germans in this game and whenever a german mod turns up I instinctively stop playing the game until its finished ..incredible. Infact I only played the game a few times these last couple of weeks having the version 2s of the Panthers and the tiger Is coming out.

However this KT mod blows away everything. The mod is not just magnificent, it complements the rest of the tanks and it comes as a HUGE SURPRISE since we were all waiting for a patch from BF to come out first.

However Aris should not hurry up this mod - I rather wait a month or two and have a magnificent KT mod.

The KT was the King of the Battlefield in the last months of the war.....he deserves to be the most striking war machine ingame :)

Silkwraith

The stock King Tiger textures are not that difficult to modify: the lack of quality of the Tiger II and the colors used (even if somehow correct for the Heavy Tank Abteilungs in Normandy until August 44) are too bright and oversaturated for my liking. In Autumn 44, King Tigers were painted beautiful ambush schemes (too difficult for this modder to replicate but definitely much more appealing than what we have got now).

The MAIN problem with the vanilla Tiger II is that some mappings of the bitmaps to the 3D model stretch and others are mirrored. (the most notorius is the base of the rear hull under the turret). The 3d model hasn't got spare tracks attached, buckets, ammo boxes or any other german gear on the the hull, which we got used with previous german tanks in the game, also, the rear hull is not as detailed as his little brother's.

Take into account that I am modifying textures but not improving the model itself, so there is limited scope for improval. Decals definitely add to the immersion, but don't make up for the simplicity of the 3d model.

Decals and decals ...and decals,...I hope they can make up the textures under them at least ;) I may have this finished today. I won't definitely spend more time on weathering or improving the base. The more I try the worse it looks, so as it sometimes happens if it's ok, don't touch it.

WIP6-1.jpg

WIP8.jpg

WIP7-2.jpg

Well I am sure that you tried your best to eliminate those stretched textures. My only appeal now is to the deaf ears of Battlefront to rectify this matter and update the KT Graphics. An appeal that I have done repeatedly but unfortunately, so far, they have refrained from stating an apporximate date when this update shall be conducted.

I applause your willpower that, notwithstanding the above you still took the time and patience to provide us with this marvellous work.

Silk