Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

Alright guys, yes it was a very stupid and an extremely callous "joke".

I was completely smashed last night (I'm 22) and thought it was the most funny thing to do, so yeah, again it was stupid and I'm sorry. I'm actually a Christian myself. Me and my brother are advid CM players and I come to this forum everyday to see what's new and to check to see if Aris has returned. Again, my apologies.

Ah, 22 and smashed. That explains it then. I count myself to be very lucky that there was no Internet to log onto and make an ass of myself when I was that age and smashed. :D Fair enough.

Now that we've spent some pages on a stupid drunken joke - can anyone comment: are there any Ari Panzer IVs yet?

I couldn't find any... but it's such a long thread I can't be sure!

Thanks,

GaJ

GaJ, I have it. It has g, h, and j's. I could drop it in a Drop Box folder.

Edit: Duh, it would have helped if I checked out your link before I posted, Sabot6!

On a positive note, there's only a handful of CW vehicles left for the 'Aris treatment'.

Churchill V CS (which I think he had almost completed)

Humber III (I REALLY need this one to continue with the mod sets) :)

I'm wondering if you planned to mod 21 AG's Armoured Divisions ?

Anyway thanks for the war effort!

From what I have heard, Aris has suffered a catastrofic heart attack and is unable to make any more mods. He is currently in the hospital and is praying that his fellow supporters are wishing him the best of luck for recovery. Of course he's catholic, but wth We're all aethiest so he prays that we at least hope he recovers. All Hail Aris!!!

Sometimes there is a use for the word ****tard.

I'm wondering if you planned to mod 21 AG's Armoured Divisions ?

Anyway thanks for the war effort!

I'm planning all of 21st AG....

I'll have the final infantry divisions up this week (the Repository just has to catch up with me).

I kinda need an Aris Humber III LRC to continue as I have been, but I will probably take on the Armd Div infantry battalions next, as I can do them completely....maybe a few odds and ends.

I may start on the Tank Brigades this week too, though it depends on the time I have available.

I'm planning all of 21st AG....

I'll have the final infantry divisions up this week (the Repository just has to catch up with me).

I kinda need an Aris Humber III LRC to continue as I have been, but I will probably take on the Armd Div infantry battalions next, as I can do them completely....maybe a few odds and ends.

I may start on the Tank Brigades this week too, though it depends on the time I have available.

Good news and thanks again, your mod is very useful!

I'm a bit confused how/where can one use Darknight_Canuck's mods?

I'm not sure what is causing your confusion but I'll try to help.

My mods are intended to cover the fighting formations in the 21st Army Group.

They include parts of mods from other modders (Aris, Mord, Juju) plus my own stuff.

You can download them from the Repository or at CMMODS.

They are mostly zipped together according to brigades and contain 3 or 4 .BRZ files that cover the individual battalions in that brigade.

The BRZ file for the formation you would like to see in game just needs to be dropped into the 'Z' folder and you are ready to go.

I'm not sure if this answers what you were asking or not, but I can provide more info if needed.

I'm a bit confused how/where can one use Darknight_Canuck's mods?

Basically as DC has explained, but not given himself credit for- He's taken several mods specific to unit formations and put them into one brz file. So you don't have to get Mord's, Juju's etc mods for the same unit. It is very very cool. I'd started doing a folder configuration for the Americans and Germans to do the same thing, but DC has saved me from having to do the same for CW formations.

Anyway, I just have to say this not only just to bump this thread, but because all this work done by Aris has changed the game so much for me. I mean, come on Everybody who has stalked these forums! Come out and say how much you love Aris' Work! Let's

Get him to come back and let him know how mu h we miss him!

I think everyone should go to the repository and at least rate his work 5 stars, then, if you want to, leave a comment explaining why you like his work and why you want him to continue!

CMFI is coming out! God help us all!

@DC and sburke, thank you for explanations. I figured everything out yesterday. Will be very useful when I continue playing PT's vanilla campaign!

Aris, your modding rocks, oen can't see vanilla textures any more when he tries your work so keep it up please!

I am a great admirer of Aris' work. When I'm Beta testing, I can't use any mods when I'm playing the game and I do miss them. It's not because they are necessarily better than the stock skins. It is because they are part of a set. He hasn't just modded the vehicles in the game but he's modded the guns and the walls and I believe he's done a terrain mod too.

I suspect Aris has been a bit discouraged by the news that he might have to redo all his skins to keep them compatible with v2 of the game. I sincerely hope that his skins will work with v2 though. The amount of work he put into this is incredible. I can only imagine how I would feel if I had crafted 30-40 highly detailed and accurate maps for scenarios only to find out that v2 would render them useless. (It won't - hypothetical situation only, just to be clear)

I suspect Aris has been a bit discouraged by the news that he might have to redo all his skins to keep them compatible with v2 of the game.

That sounds discouraging indeed, both for Aris and his tremendous work, but also for us users - as his mods has increased the value of an already great game significantly.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they will work.

Its been quite some time since Aris made a post on this forum, this is indeed very worrying. I would certainly not udate my engine of CMBN unless it works perfectly with the ARIS Mods.

Much as I really love his work, the mods are secondary to all the feature enhancements and fixes that should come with version 2, much less the additional Modules etc. I have modded the hell out of my copy and I suspect I will have to dump a lot of them and that'll be a little bit of a bummer for awhile, but modders are what they are and I am sure I will see the ones I do lose getting replaced over time.

If you really do want to retain them you can always load a second copy of CMBN on your PC and upgrade that copy - get the best of both as it were. I suspect Aris will be looking to mod version 2 as well especially if the new models allow for things unable to be done in version 1.10, but only Aris can speak to that. Also as BFC is having to redo all the models anyway they may surprise us in how good they turn out. The CMFI vehicles certainly look pretty good.

Is it possible he went the way of sdp, who made the wonderful Italian Campaign mod, and ended up doing many of the QB maps for CMFI? Maybe Aris is officially working with BFC to do skins for CMFI and future releases???

If this were indeed the case, then I would have expected a short note from the man, seeing as I had been talking vehicles with him and providing refs for 3 months....I haven't heard a peep from him for over a month, so I hope it's just vacation or something...he's a good guy and I hope it's nothing bad. I don't think he intended to leave the work on the CW vehicles unfinished, as he was so close to the finish line.