Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

First, I won't be uploading to the Rep anymore, all my mods can be found in CMMODs.

Two, sorry to umlaut if he feels I stepped on his great work. I checked your mod, and can provide some textures that will make you an even better modder if you want, you have talent and gave me some ideas for my mod...I am getting old...PM me anytime...

Three, isn't it great to have different vehicle modders in the community?

No worries, Aris. You´re the champ here - beyond any doubt. And even if I could make mods as good as yours, I´d surely never be able to compete with your amazing productivity.

Glad I´m able to inspire you, though (and rather curious to know in which way) - I´ll probably take you up on your kind offer one of these days.

:)

I'm wondering what exactly is making Sherman textures so hard to mod?

Base textures, and 3D mappings, as simple as that. Some vehicles are a joy to mod, like Churchills, Cromwells, Lloyd carriers, even Stuarts, summing up,...all pure british (not Lend Lease, not ported form CMBN v.1.0 and colorized ) vehicles are to my taste the best made textures along with some german vehicles (specially in CMFI), but ALL Sherman based textures (shermans, sextons, etc) are NOT nice to mod,...It happens with other vehicles too,..but I found that overall, german vehicles and pure CW vehicles are much enjoyable,...Shermans, even in CMFI they are still not enjoyable projects. SO I tackle them with lazyness,...still, they have so many decal options,...If I was to choose one vehicle for modding starters I would say,...pick up the Cromwell. Trucks and jeeps are not vey enjoyable either,...Vehicles with rounded shapes are harder than vehicles who have square surfaces (M4 Early against a M4A1 as textures stretch,..), so if you want to to start modding pick a vehicle with many horizontal and vertical surfaces.

Base textures, and 3D mappings, as simple as that. Some vehicles are a joy to mod, like Churchills, Cromwells, Lloyd carriers, even Stuarts, summing up,...all pure british (not Lend Lease, not ported form CMBN v.1.0 and colorized ) vehicles are to my taste the best made textures along with some german vehicles (specially in CMFI), but ALL Sherman based textures (shermans, sextons, etc) are NOT nice to mod,...It happens with other vehicles too,..but I found that overall, german vehicles and pure CW vehicles are much enjoyable,...Shermans, even in CMFI they are still not enjoyable projects. SO I tackle them with lazyness,...still, they have so many decal options,...If I was to choose one vehicle for modding starters I would say,...pick up the Cromwell.

Well, you may not enjoy them as much as you enjoy doing others, but I'm glad you do them: Those two screen shots look fantastic.

Aris, you're a great sport about all of this! I'm still routinely impressed by your consistency and drive - what's more, your aesthetic just nails it everytime!

Depending on your plans, I'm hoping you will offer up a PAK40, FLAK36 and a revision to your floating icons in the time you have allotted yourself.

Best of luck with your new home, that in and of itself can be quite an adventure!