Should my monkey stand down? Or be at the ready?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question for the experts: is it likely for BF to release the game in a week day (Monday to Thursday), or it will only will happen on Fridays? Just to adjust my monkey F5 rate...

Well - I think a weekday - I cant recall them ever releasing a game on a friday - although I seem to remember them saying the imminence or otherwise of a weekend is not an obstacle to doing so.

My money is on a release next monday in any case as I think they still have a lot of loose ends to tie up. By saying this of course I am hoping for an immediate invocation of sods law which proves me wrong two seconds after I have said something. It seems to work all the time when I dont want it to so here is hoping.

A question for the experts: is it likely for BF to release the game in a week day (Monday to Thursday), or it will only will happen on Fridays? Just to adjust my monkey F5 rate...

BFC has encoded the same memory eraser used by the Men in Black in all releases. All our furstrations, anxiety, and anger over any delays are immediately zapped the instant the download is complete. Based on this memory gap how could we possibly remember the day of the week any previous releases occur.

Oh, man that's it we will not get the game this week:)

Yep. Games are like groundhogs that will flee back into shelter at the sight of their shadow. There is nothing like being perfectly prepared to welcome a new game to cause it to be delayed.

Actually, the best way to guarantee that the game will be released this week is to arrange a non-refundable trip somewhere for the next 30 days.

Michael

BFC clearly stated that the CW module would be released between 4 and 6 weeks from the 18th January.

I'm sure they will let all their customers (mainly those people who handed over their money for pre-orders) know if there was going any change in this schedule.

We are currently in Final Candidate testing mode. This means testing stuff like installers and what not. This stuff has become more complex these days, plus the fact that we now are supporting the PC and Mac platforms also means more testing. The release includes a total of 8 (!) packages, the module, the bundle, the 1.10 patch for the base game, and a new updated demo... times two (for PC, and for Mac).

So, we're working on it as quick as we can.

In the meantime, I am preparing the Commonwealth Forces module manual for the web viewer right now, and will probably be able to release it tomorrow. If you behave, I may just throw in the 1.10 changelog for good measure... we'll see. ;)

Martin

I'd rather next time they say something like 4-6 weeks, and then release the game the day after the announcement. It would confound expectations in a new and preferable way.

Okay, let's try this: I have just heard from my mole in the BFC works that due to unexpected glitches, the game cannot possibly be ready before next Halloween. Feel better?

Michael

I've preordered the bundle with also CMBN.. i cannot wait!!! I'm playing the demo again and again..

If you haven't yet, go check out the mods and custom scenarios/campaigns. There is a ton of good stuff in the repository and if you already have it downloaded you won't have to stop playing the game to do so :D

We are currently in Final Candidate testing mode. This means testing stuff like installers and what not. This stuff has become more complex these days, plus the fact that we now are supporting the PC and Mac platforms also means more testing. The release includes a total of 8 (!) packages, the module, the bundle, the 1.10 patch for the base game, and a new updated demo... times two (for PC, and for Mac).

So, we're working on it as quick as we can.

In the meantime, I am preparing the Commonwealth Forces module manual for the web viewer right now, and will probably be able to release it tomorrow. If you behave, I may just throw in the 1.10 changelog for good measure... we'll see. ;)

Martin

Well this is nearly 24hours old now....gimme gimme gimme