Fire and Rubble DAR: BFCElvis vs Ithikial_AU - German Side

I realize that this is not a standard QB (with regard to the forceselection)...but in such a game...a standard QB... will the germans not be awfully overpowered compared to the russians ?

Especially on a map like this...

I'm thinking about hand-held AT...by this time the german units usually where equiped with a very ample amount of panzerfausts (with decent range even) and schrecks...the russians did not have much in this compartment i belive...not capable of engaging armour at those ranges atleast...

Is this reflected in the purchace cost in standard QBs...? a german infantry unit of simular size and experience as a russian one is notably more expensive...

6 hours ago, Bubba883XL said:

YES!!! To the 251/22...thank you for including this vehicle...😍

and how can you say the jagdpanzer IV L 70 (A) ugly????>!!! its my favourite vehicle! lol 

My wife has three good looking sisters. None of them is as beautiful as my wife. In her presence they all look average and plain. I guess it's the same with the Jagdpanzer IV L70 and the Jagdpanzer IV L/70 (A). 😀

15 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

@Ithikial_AU  Love the Volksturm loadout.....Looks like they turned out a museum!  ;)

PS - I believe PAK-40 is L/48.

The PaK 40 mounted on the 251/22 and the 234/4 is an L/46.

Edit: The KwK 40 came in L/43 and L/48.

Edited by Vergeltungswaffe
add info

15 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

I love this aar , but maybe not something to get to excited about😃

Each of the Berlin master maps took me 25 mins to load. This battle only the usual minute or so. This gives you a sense of the amount of detail on the Berlin maps. The master maps aren't intended to be used as one giant map with equivilent forces covering it. They are designed to be sliced and diced into small pieces for scenarios and quick battles.

12 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

I realize that this is not a standard QB (with regard to the forceselection)...but in such a game...a standard QB... will the germans not be awfully overpowered compared to the russians ?

Especially on a map like this...

I'm thinking about hand-held AT...by this time the german units usually where equiped with a very ample amount of panzerfausts (with decent range even) and schrecks...the russians did not have much in this compartment i belive...not capable of engaging armour at those ranges atleast...

Is this reflected in the purchace cost in standard QBs...? a german infantry unit of simular size and experience as a russian one is notably more expensive...

This force selection has most definitely gone for style over substance (and historical accuracy). QB etc still has the usual rarity point system in place to stop crazy purchases in standard matches. As for Russians with handheld AT weaponry, well I'm guessing you may want to keep a close eye on the Soviet DAR.

10 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

My wife has three good looking sisters. None of them is as beautiful as my wife. In her presence they all look average and plain. I guess it's the same with the Jagdpanzer IV L70 and the Jagdpanzer IV L/70 (A). 😀

Exactly the same here. My wife has two younger sisters. My wife never wears makeup and STILL outshines the two of them. And they are both good looking. Can't hold a candle though. I may be biased 🙂

4 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

Each of the Berlin master maps took me 25 mins to load. This battle only the usual minute or so. This gives you a sense of the amount of detail on the Berlin maps. The master maps aren't intended to be used as one giant map with equivilent forces covering it. They are designed to be sliced and diced into small pieces for scenarios and quick battles.

I understood, i was just pointing out that 25min load times is something that needs to be addressed , with all compliments and respect to the amount of work that went into the BMM.

Edited by weapon2010

Here I am thinking you are talking about the scenario load time. Ugh.

Yes- the two giant Berlin maps take a while to load- not that long for me, I'm maybe around 15 minutes for the two massive ones- but that is the same for any nearly 3kx4k maps out there with lots of objects populating them. I have endured longer waits than most any cumulatively now, I suspect. So, you will only experience that load time if you want to chop it up in the Editor 3-D view, or simply to see what has caused me early-onset arthritis- in which case, the load times come with the territory(no pun intended). The older screenshot of the maps only shows a portion of one, so there's a good deal of coverage of Sector Z spanned over 2 maps.

They are truly best used for chopping up into smaller battles. They are included in game content in part as well, so they are playable- and the load times are what you would expect there for anything comparable in CM size-wise vs. load time. And they are not the only big maps- the battle of Berlin was only part of 1945 in the east.

Edited by benpark

4 hours ago, benpark said:

Here I am thinking you are talking about the scenario load time. Ugh.

Yes- the two giant Berlin maps take a while to load- not that long for me, I'm maybe around 15 minutes for the two massive ones- but that is the same for any nearly 3kx4k maps out there with lots of objects populating them. I have endured longer waits than most any cumulatively now, I suspect. So, you will only experience that load time if you want to chop it up in the Editor 3-D view, or simply to see what has caused me early-onset arthritis- in which case, the load times come with the territory(no pun intended). The older screenshot of the maps only shows a portion of one, so there's a good deal of coverage of Sector Z spanned over 2 maps.

They are truly best used for chopping up into smaller battles. They are included in game content in part as well, so they are playable- and the load times are what you would expect there for anything comparable in CM size-wise vs. load time. And they are not the only big maps- the battle of Berlin was only part of 1945 in the east.

Thanks for the clarification!

On 5/29/2020 at 7:54 PM, Ithikial_AU said:

Meet to Volkssturm

While we wait for the action to kick off let's play a game. Who can guess all the small arms in this UI screenshot? I've cobbled together a few UI elements here so no, this doesn't all belong to the one squad. Middle column are just more K98's.

45039329_CMRedThunder2020-05-3010-31-21-70.jpg.437b2b2164d486b2c906b436f39c2fbb.jpg

1512890120_CMRedThunder2020-05-3010-30-17-61.thumb.jpg.356e25a361bf0a84e8e36990463f26b5.jpg

Possible to put some of those caps on the wehrmacht?

Edited by Anonymous_Jonze

3 hours ago, benpark said:

...Yes- the two giant Berlin maps take a while to load- not that long for me, I'm maybe around 15 minutes for the two massive ones- but that is the same for any nearly 3kx4k maps out there with lots of objects populating them. I have endured longer waits than most any cumulatively now, I suspect. So, you will only experience that load time if you want to chop it up in the Editor 3-D view, or simply to see what has caused me early-onset arthritis- in which case, the load times come with the territory(no pun intended)...

I was wondering what kind of load times you might be having. The master urban map for CMRT that I'm working on is much smaller at 1440 x 1440. For that, loading the 3D view takes 6 minutes the first load and 4 minutes for subsequent loads during the same session. So, doing any kind of work, like elevations, that require frequent back and forth between 2 and 3D views is very slow going and begs having something else to do (work work, a good book, etc.) while you wait.

Interestingly, moving from 7200 HDD to SSD had zero impact on loading times.

5 Mins in Update

Good, good everything is going according to plan - Misc - quickmeme

The Map (North is north this time around :) )

485023361_FRBetaDARDeploymentandPlan.thumb.jpg.c65829f5ba71e8c73ee365da62c6aad4.jpg

KG DoubleD has managed to get into position first and effectively cut the map in half for Soviet armour. There is a small back alley way around to avoid their line of fire but it will be traffic chaos for anything more than a platoon and slow BFCElvis down.

KGMjkerner and KG Hapless have have reached the Beer first! This I'm a little surprised at honestly as I thought the Soviets would be tank riding to the objective like I was. Plenty of arcs of fire for my AT weapons and KG DoubleD covers the only other known firing solutions to their left.

Given the situation, I'm throwing two thirds of KG Josey Wales into the fray. They will advance along the northern map edge and support KG Benpark in the future. This force will be the one to pressure KG Jagermeister from the north. I'll wait a little bit though as the big unknown for the moment is what has BFCElvis got coming at me from this approach.

Waiting game for a little while as I try to gather more intel.

1765554346_CMRedThunder2020-05-2922-36-05-29.thumb.jpg.d1e226a55c66f504bb519532c6b0a051.jpg1228747284_CMRedThunder2020-05-2922-36-32-24.thumb.jpg.714a246d358a5d56d00f5cbbbf18579b.jpg555098492_CMRedThunder2020-05-2922-37-16-67.thumb.jpg.706eb91ac37f0ad350c3afcdcf771005.jpg

Edited by Ithikial_AU

Small Update - The Shooting Starts

KG DoubleD exposes itself down the main street opening up on the building at the end of the street. The aim is to knock it down to see any movement going on behind it. 4x 75mm guns should do the trick in a minute or two. Any additional casualties caused are a bonus.

2058319847_CMRedThunder2020-06-0216-59-12-37.thumb.jpg.e6f226b61697e919eec06f56f35ceb74.jpg

And it looks like one of the HE rounds impacts the side of a tank of some description. No smoke yet but a nice blind shot none the less!

259256828_CMRedThunder2020-06-0217-00-06-11.thumb.jpg.a196d1ccb617b082e0e9e58cb1349f26.jpg

Meanwhile the Soviets discover that I reached the Beer first! No confirmed casualties as KG Hapless keep shooting over their heads. Granted the PzIV is trying to shoot over the PzIII.

1762541741_CMRedThunder2020-06-0217-00-22-93.thumb.jpg.9f8d3bd84372f7e6841c13cb22c4db8a.jpg

Meanwhile no further contacts on my far left (northern edge of the map) so I'm probing further towards Obj Jaegermesiter with some sacrificial lambs scouts.

Meme] Boris Johnson's latest speech : CoronavirusUK